“Great Views, But ...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Coco Reef Resort Bermuda

You added Coco Reef Resort Bermuda to your Saves list
Coco Reef Resort Bermuda
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   3 Stonington Circle, South Shore Road, PG 04, Bermuda (Formerly Stonington Beach Hotel)   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Paget Parish
Burlington, Vermont
“Great Views, But ...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed at the CoCo Reef. I'd give it an average grade overall. Yes, the views were spectacular. However, they didn't turn the heat on in the pool until late in our stay. Cockroaches got into my room. And the spooky pictures throughout the hotel of the woman staring at you was just creepy and didn't make me feel comfortable. I didn't think the service from the front desk was all that terrific either.

Room Tip: Ask for the ocean front rooms on the top floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Ken W, General Manager at Coco Reef Resort Bermuda, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and the opportunity to address your concerns. I am very sorry to learn that you did not thoroughly enjoy your experience at Coco Reef, however, your feedback is much appreciated.

While there are elements of our resort you enjoyed and appreciated, I am disappointed that your overall experience wasn’t to your satisfaction. I wish to reassure you that we strive to delight each and every guest, as you will notice from most of our guest comments.

We hope that we will be able to welcome you back some day, to allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence in Coco Reef Bermuda.

Ken Watson.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed at the wonderful Coco Reef hotel & resort- in January 2012.

I have plenty of good-excellent memories of my trip to Bermuda.

Firstly, the island it self really does OOZE Paradise like energies - and the Azure Blue water of Bermuda, are a sight to behold and are soo healing- especially, since I had gone there whilst working in cold Sweden( in -25c temperatures!)

Bermuda is very expensive by the way- mainly rich people hang out here, and us mere mortals only get to savour it's paradise like beauty and pure blue waters, for short periods at a time.

As for Coco Reef resort, it is right on the beach- which made it an awesome choice by and for, my self!
I chose an ocean-view room, which meant that I got the most amazing views of the SUN RISING OUT of the Atlantic ocean(Coco reef is on the east cost of Bermuda).

The coconut trees, ample palm trees, warm tropical sea breeze that blows in to your 1st floor room, the local birds who congregate on your balcony as you savour each moment of paradise - all.... add to the pleasure of staying here.

As for the service, it's very good- if not excellent!, the staff are very courteous, reasonably friendly, professional and certainly VERY helpful. They will help organize tours to local attractions, and more!
The food served at the Coco Reef restaurant too is pretty good quality- but a bit too European for my liking.

Breakfasts were included in my package, and I got some good meals-and was even able to have it packed, bring it to my room, sit on the balcony and have it whilst watching the blue waters.

The resort is a bit of a drive(bus drive) away from Hamilton- the capital of Bermuda. but that made it even more inviting to me, as I needed some privacy and less people around me, in order to relax and unwind.

The proximity of the hotel to various world-famous beaches, including horse-shoe bay, elbow beach etc- and some really pretty rock formations(some very large and high), not too far from the reef, made this MY PERFECT beach resort - ever!

the Resort is very very spacious, with a massive lounge, very comfy rooms with full air-conditioning, good bathrooms/toilets in rooms, massive beds and a refrigerator was in my room too- for my beers!

Overall, 9 out of 10 for Coco Reef resort! I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who wishes to stay on or near the beach- for daily/quick access to the warm sands of Paradise Bermuda .

Thank you Coco Reef for looking after me with courtesy, friendliness and helpfulness.
A+++++++!!

Room Tip: There is NO official room service at this hotel. and during off-peak seasons, it gets very quiet at...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Ken W, General Manager at Coco Reef Resort Bermuda, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
On behalf of the entire team at Coco Reef Bermuda, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to post your comments, and for your extremely kind rating of our resort.

It was our pleasure having you as a guest of Coco Reef Bermuda. We are thrilled you had a wonderful time and also had the opportunity to enjoy all that Bermuda has to offer.

I particularly appreciated the detail in your observations, and your honest opinion of our resort and Bermuda. I am so glad to hear that you really appreciated our location in a relaxed atmosphere, and that you found our staff to be pleasant and courteous. We believe our staff is truly one of our greatest assets and appreciate that you highlighted our Bermudian hospitality.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to “Bermuda’s Best Beach Resort”.

With regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Just back from 13 night stay at Coco Reef. Had room 115 right on the beach front with what had to be the best hotel location on Bermuda. If its a 18-30 resort your looking for this isn't it. But if you are looking for peace and quiet (it was out of season) and an idyllic setting with Elbow Beach virtually to yourself then this is the place to go. Ken and his team made us most welcome and strived to be as helpful as possible during our stay. Recommend the unlimited bus/ferry pass for getting around the island. Also walking the railway trail gives you an insight into life in Bermuda. Only criticisms would be Many of the local businesses were closed for the winter leaving a reduced choice in what to do where to eat etc....of Coco Reef as the learned taxi driver told us when we arrived, staying at the Coco Reef is like "visiting your old grandmother"....Climate was fair, mild 65-70 patchy sunshine and only rained one afternoon/evening. Would I go back to Bermuda, maybe? If I did I'd be more than happy to stay again at the Coco Reef.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ken W, General Manager at Coco Reef Resort Bermuda, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review and kind comments, we are all so pleased that you really enjoyed your holiday with us here at Coco Reef, "Bermuda's Best Beach Resort".

We hope that your return home to a totally different climate was not too shocking, and that you arrived home safely.

We are delighted that you mention you would stay with us again should you come back to Bermuda, and we hope that you return to "visit your old grandmother" again one day.

Best regards,

Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

my wife and I just returned from spending 6 wonderful nights at Coco Reef resort,Bermuda.We were personally greeted by Ken Watson,the general manager,who wecomed us for our visit.Ken makes you feel at home and is genuinely interested in making your stay enjoyable.When we reached our room,we had a bottle of champagne,chilled waiting for us and a kind note welcoming us for the New Year!It is because of Ken and his terrific staff that we are repeat guests at Coco Reef!This was our first visit in the off season and the weather was wonderful,low 70's and sun for most of our stay.The quiet actually allows you to spend more time enjoying Bermuda.We had almost the entire length of Elbow Beach to ourselves for extended periods!For a great vacation in either the high or low season,I haighly recommend a stay at Coco Reef,with the best view on the island.All rooms have great ocean views and many are ocean front.Once you visit,you will want to come back.A relaxed,low key vacation;come listen to the sounds of the waves and the tree frogs!

Room Tip: The 100 or 200 block.Ask for the second floor.Views are better
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ken W, General Manager at Coco Reef Resort Bermuda, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Greetings from all your dear friends at Coco Reef Bermuda, and thank you so much for your wonderful review and kind comments.

It was a real pleasure seeing you both again, and as always a delight for us all having you stay with us. It is always special for us when we have old friends like you here with us, as it is just like having family visiting for the holidays.

Everyone here joins me in thanking you for returning once again, and they all said that I must say hello to you and wish you all the best for 2013. Steve is now on his annual vacation in Jamaica, but before he left he asked me to remind you that you must come back and see us in the summer.

I look forward to welcoming you back to "Bermuda's Best Beach Resort" and I hope you both have a Wonderful New Year.

Fondest regards,

Ken.
Norwalk, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The Coco Reef is a cozy, warm and friendly place where the workers treat you like old friends and the hospitality is sincere and comfortable. I can't say it enough how the people who work there do all they can to make the stay pleasant. We loved 'Steve' who was the first person we met (and took us and our luggage on the golf cart to our rooms) and the ladies in the dining room who could not have been nicer! The food was delicious, we went on the meal plan which was a good idea in my opinion. This is not a fancy resort, rather a small, charming place with a great pool, unbelievable view with direct access to the ocean, and clean rooms with little patios - one day while sitting out there I spotted some whales. It was fabulous. Ten minutes from Hamilton - loved the place, the people, the views, the visitors and the experience.

Room Tip: Get a room on the lower level that faces the beach!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Ken W, General Manager at Coco Reef Resort Bermuda, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Greetings from all your new friends here at Coco Reef Bermuda.

It is so nice to recieve such wonderful comments and we all thank you sincerely. I am especially delighted that you mention my team for being so nice, thank you so much. My "right hand man" Steve, said to say thanks for being so nice.

We strive to offer all our guests a quiet relaxing vacation, and I am so happy that once again my team managed to succeed in doing a wonderful job.

Please return to visit us again, we promise not to change a thing.

Fondest regards,

New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The Coco Reef was a very well rounded small resort with a cool, intimate private beach and a heated pool. It is close to the bus stop which is a quick 10 minute ride to Hamilton. You should purchase the included breakfast with the reservation. There aren't any good breakfast spots nearby and the food at the Coco Reef is solid. Also, get a beach view room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Greetings from Coco Reef Bermuda.

Thank you so much for your kind comments, we are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us and found us to be "Calm & Comfy". You have truly captured the essence of Coco Reef in just two small words. Thank you also for recommending our restaurant.

We hope that you return to visit us again one day soon.

Regards,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is my 5th stay at Coco Reef and once again I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.We live in DC so its a short 2 hour flight and we can be there for lunch ,go swimming and have a great time on the first day rather than being wiped out by an all day airport.flight experience.
The rooms are nice ,we do not go to Coco Reef to watch TV.Great views,great beach and peaceful ,,not the big hotel humdrum.You don't even notice that there are 67 rooms.The beach in front of the hotel is very private and relaxing.
Great service,,ask for anything and everyone,from the manager to the bellhop will help you.
Staff super nice and friendly ,its almost like visiting relatives for us repeat customers.
Get an ocean front room and the walk to the beach is 1 minute!
We love it and try to get there 2-3 times a year for a quick break from the city.

Room Tip: Ocean front room is the best.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Ken W, General Manager at Coco Reef Resort Bermuda, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Greetings from all your good friends here at Coco Reef Bermuda.

It was wonderful to have you here with us again, and thank you so much for your fantastic review. We are all extremely grateful for your kind comments and delighted that you came back to visit us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon, and hope that you have a Wonderful New Year.

Best regards.

Ken.

Been to Coco Reef Resort Bermuda? Share your experiences!