“Another Great Stay at CoCo Reef” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coco Reef Resort Bermuda

Save Saved
You added Coco Reef Resort Bermuda to your Saves list
Coco Reef Resort Bermuda
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   3 Stonington Circle, South Shore Road, PG 04, Bermuda (Formerly Stonington Beach Hotel)   |
Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Paget Parish
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Another Great Stay at CoCo Reef”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is my 5th stay at Coco Reef and once again I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.We live in DC so its a short 2 hour flight and we can be there for lunch ,go swimming and have a great time on the first day rather than being wiped out by an all day airport.flight experience.
The rooms are nice ,we do not go to Coco Reef to watch TV.Great views,great beach and peaceful ,,not the big hotel humdrum.You don't even notice that there are 67 rooms.The beach in front of the hotel is very private and relaxing.
Great service,,ask for anything and everyone,from the manager to the bellhop will help you.
Staff super nice and friendly ,its almost like visiting relatives for us repeat customers.
Get an ocean front room and the walk to the beach is 1 minute!
We love it and try to get there 2-3 times a year for a quick break from the city.

Room Tip: Ocean front room is the best.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Ken W, General Manager at Coco Reef Resort Bermuda, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Greetings from all your good friends here at Coco Reef Bermuda.

It was wonderful to have you here with us again, and thank you so much for your fantastic review. We are all extremely grateful for your kind comments and delighted that you came back to visit us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon, and hope that you have a Wonderful New Year.

Best regards.

Ken.

661 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Polish first
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Wife and I spent a week over Christmas at the Coco. The hotel was in a great location next to the wonderful elbow beach, various food options, market, bus stop, and the railroad trail. The grounds are beautiful with a variety of palms and tropical plants. It seems to be a cat island…cats and chickens roam freely. The staff was friendly and helpful..cleaning staff did a great job. We had room 118 which was a corner 2nd floor beachfront room. The room has a great view of the ocean and steps from the beach. The room was ok…the wicker furniture was not so comfortable and it would be nice to have a sliding screen door to enjoy the ocean breeze and not worry about the birds joining you. Breakfast tip: if you want a delicious breakfast at a good price go to the Parakeet Restaurant which is on the main road and about a block away. Great time walking on the beach but a little cold at this time of year to get in the water..but we did see a few people swimming...water supposedly 68 degrees. Also experienced the annual Christmas beach party on Elbow beach...DJ playing music and lots of people watching...fun times. Overall we had a wonderful time at the Coco Reef.

Room Tip: 118 great beachfront corner room right next to the beach with also beautiful ocean views.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ken W, General Manager at Coco Reef Resort Bermuda, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Season’s Greetings from Coco Reef Bermuda, and thank you for taking the time to post your review and sharing your experience with us. I especially appreciate that you acknowledged that my staff was friendly and helpful.

It was our pleasure having you as a guest of Coco Reef Bermuda. We are thrilled you had an “Excellent Christmas Holiday” and also had the opportunity to enjoy all that we have to offer.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back to “Bermuda’s Best Beach Resort”.

With regards,

Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed in this hotel during our short "holiday getaway". We looked for a quiet comfortable time and we got exactly what we were looking for. The hotel is right on the beach and every room has a beautiful ocean view. Good restaurant. Everything is close by: the bus stop, the local market and the entrance to the Railroad Trail. But what made our stay truly comfortable is the hotel's staff: attentive, polite, and friendly. The manager, Ken, made us feel truly welcomed. We will stay at the Coco Reef again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ken W, General Manager at Coco Reef Resort Bermuda, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Coco Reef Bermuda.

We are delighted that you really enjoyed your stay with us, and so happy to hear that you had a quiet comfortable time with us on the beautiful island of Bermuda.

I would also like to thank you personally for mentioning my staff, for being so polite and attentive. They really are the best team on the island, and it is a pleasure for me to work with every one of them.

We look forward to welcoming you to "Bermuda's Best Beach Resort" again one day.

Regards,

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Lovely place, had superb location in room 212 with a view of the beach. Very clean and roomy, staff was helpful. Lots of beach lounge-chairs to hang out on.

December is a risky month to visit, but we only had 1 day of stormy weather, and watching it come in was actually quite interesting. Later on the same day, on the leeward side of the island on the same day, we had very little wind and some glorious sunny breaks.

The wreck of the Pollakshields is 400m offshore, marked by a bouy. We snorkeled out to it, wearing wetsuits, timing our visit so the incoming time would help push us back in. A great shipwreck right off shore! Can't beat that.

Did not sample the restos. There is a supermarket just down the road. The bar was very nice and well stocked. The bartender poured with a heavy hand and was willing to make chit-chat.

This was our first time to Bermuda and we stayed at Salt Kettle first, so we could get more advice on things to see and how to use the public transport system. Now that we know our way around, we'd happily come to Coco Reef again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ken W, General Manager at Coco Reef Resort Bermuda, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
On behalf of the entire team at Coco Reef Bermuda, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to post your comments, and for your extremely kind rating of our resort.

We are all delighted that you had such a “Great Stay” here with us in our own little corner of Paradise on the beautiful island of Bermuda.

Thank you also for sharing your snorkeling experience with everyone. If you have any photographs from your visit to the shipwreck, or any which you think capture the essence of the resort, please upload on our face book page or onto TripAdvisor to share your memories with other guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Coco Reef, “Bermuda’s Best Beach Resort”.

With regards,

Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel the first week of November 2012 and had a comfortable, relaxed and stress free stay. The beautiful location overlooks the beach which is only a few steps down some stairs to a beautiful half mile or so expanse of powdery sand and Atlantic surf. Large sliding doors seem to be a feature of each room and all the rooms seem to face the ocean with a sitting area on a balcony or porch. The rooms are spread across a handful of two story buildings. The main building has the restaurant, bar, lobby and outdoor pool. The restaurant serves food throughout the day, and having spent five days at the hotel we had the opportunity to sample breakfast, lunch and dinner. All were good. During our stay the hotel did not seem to have many visitors, as we were there after the traditional vacation season. The hotel staff was welcoming and accommodating, in fact, exceptionally friendly. They helped us secure our motor bikes and answered all our questions. We stayed in a ground floor room which had classic island motif. It was clean and comfortable, but not luxurious. The bed, and bedding was average, with the pillows uncomfortably large. It was a typical island or Caribbean hotel ambiance, except without the roosters or goats to welcome the dawn! lol. Although the pool looked inviting we did not use it, other than to look at it during our meals. The television was older and below average, however I did not go to Bermuda and get a beach front hotel to have a high definition 48 inch TV, and my expectations were met! It was a 27" tube TV. Internet access was limited or problematic in the room, however it was strong in the lobby and free. There seemed to be an equal mix of tourist and business or convention people staying at the hotel. Immediately next door is a more luxury resort which features two restaurants. The beach is 'shared' by both hotels and the alternative, yet more expensive restaurants and bar, are just a few easy steps down the beach, if you want a alternative dining experience. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family. It is a midrange hotel with a fabulous setting. If you want a fancy or luxurous new room, with great electronics, choose another hotel. If you want an unobstructed, beautiful view of the Atlantic, with a beach at your footsteps, a friendly staff, food and drink, with sunsets and long beach walks, then you should consider this hotel. I have rated this hotel a 4, although it may be a 3.5. However it is exactly what it is advertised and priced to be, because of that I have rounded the rating up to a 4.

Room Tip: I'd prefer a second floor room so I could sleep with the sliding door open and hear and smell th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Greetings from Bermuda.

The entire team at Coco Reef Bermuda joins with me to thank you for taking the time to post your comments, and for your kind review of our resort.

I particularly appreciated the detail in your observations, and your honest forthright opinion of your vacation and resort. I am so glad to hear that you really appreciated our location in a relaxed atmosphere, and that you found our staff to be pleasant and courteous.

It was our pleasure having you as a guest of Coco Reef Bermuda. We are thrilled you had a wonderful holiday and also had the opportunity to enjoy all that we have to offer.

Thank you also for your excellent recommendation to friends and family, and we look forward to welcoming you back to “Bermuda’s Best Beach Resort”.

With warm regards,

East coast
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I hate to write bad reviews, but my experience here was horrible. I had stayed once before and found the room uncomfortable and moldy. Tried it again as i was in Bermuda with a friend who wanted to stay on the beach. The hotel is next to Elbow beach, which is beautiful. However i will never stay here again. The room room smelled bad, and the floor was wet when we arrived and dangerously slippery. Called front desk 2 times. Finally they arrived with dirty beach towels that the person handed to me! The single size beds are hard as a rock, short sheeted so no sheet on feet. Linens smelled bad. Went to turn on lamp and there eas dried blood on the handle. When making the reservation i was told internet in the room, not so, able to get connection if outside or near main lobby only. My friend had an emergency phone call that she had to take standing outside the room. They would not let us change rooms, and manager insisted the internet works fine in the room. Not so.
We decided to move the next day ( to the Princess, where service is excellent). Well the staff could not help without talking to Ken. I was told he was not there, yet he walked right by.. When i spoke with Ken he was very rude to me. I said i felt he was not helpful and his reply was "everyone loves me, i am the best manager on the island" Well sorry to burst your bubble ken, but I have been staying in hotels in Bermuda for 5 years and yours was the worst.
My suggestion is stay somewhere else, even if it is a bit more expensive, it will be a better experience.

Room Tip: If you want internet stay near lobby
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed in this hotel 12/12 - 12/16. This is a great hotel. The location cannot be beat. I was impressed upon my arrival. The gentleman at the front desk walked me to my room. He gave me a towel to use at the pool and told me where the local grocery store was located. It is this extra service which really makes a hotel great. Speaking of great service the manager of the hotel, Ken, definitely cares whether or not a guest is enjoying his/her stay. The first night I was there I was walking around the lobby looking at the different art work. He immediately walked up to me and asked me if I needed any assistance. I told him after looking at the art work I was going to have some dinner. He personally walked me down to the restaurant and and found a table for me. You don't find that kind of service anymore. It was appreciated.

The room was very comfortable and the view couldn't be beat. I could lay on the bed and look right out at the ocean. The bed itself was very comfortable. The housekeeping service was great. I left a tip for the housekeeper and she left me a very nice thank you note. Like I said, the service is everything at this hotel. One day I forgot and left the do not disturb sign on the door. When I got back at 4 p.m. I realized this. I called down to the front desk and they quickly came and cleaned my room. This was very nice considering how late in the day it was.

The grounds of the hotel are wonderful. They are well maintained. There are a lot of hibiscus and other plants in addition to coconut palms. The views are incredible. Out of all the photos that my friends liked of my trip, the majority were of the grounds of the hotel. I could go on and on.....

This was my first trip to Bermuda and I will return again soon. I will definitely stay at this hotel. I highly recommend it. I stayed in room 416. I highly recommend it! I was very sad to leave the hotel and Bermuda itself.

Bermuda, the island

This is truly an incredible place. I have been to a lot of islands but none can compare to the beauty of Bermuda. The people, scenery, etc. I highly recommend renting a scooter! I was able to see so much in the five days that I was there. But be careful especially if you are not used to driving on the left hand side of the road. You have to pay attention the whole time. But it was so worth it!

Room Tip: Room 416 has a wonderful view. But they all have a great view. I just like this one because I stay...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Ken W, General Manager at Coco Reef Resort Bermuda, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Greetings from everyone at Coco Reef Bermuda.

On behalf of the entire team at Coco Reef Bermuda, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you personally for taking the time to post your comments, and for your kind review of our resort.

Thank you also for recognizing and mentioning our service and team at Coco Reef, we believe our staff are truly one of our greatest assets and appreciate that you highlighted our Bermudian hospitality.

I would also like to thank you for your excellent recommendation, and we look forward to welcoming you back to “Bermuda’s Best Beach Resort”.

Once again, thank you for your kind comments.

With warm regards from all of us,

Ken Watson.

Been to Coco Reef Resort Bermuda? Share your experiences!