“Awesome place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Salt Kettle House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Paget Parish
Salt Kettle House
10 Salt Kettle Road, PG 01, Bermuda   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Paget Parish B&B and Inns
College Park, Maryland
“Awesome place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Salt Kettle House was an extremely friendly and fun bed and breakfast. Most of the guests were repeat visitors, attesting to its charm and friendliness.
Hazel, the mother who started Salt Kettle, was charming and wonderful. You could tell she really enjoyed having guests and honestly wanted you to have a happy stay.
John, a son, was an excellent host, always asking if he could help or if there way anything we needed. I felt that our vacation was in good hands.
Breakfast was delicious every morning. It was served in one room in the main area of the hotel, so it was a good place and time for all the guests to meet and chit chat. Meeting the other guests was part of the attraction for this bed and breakfast.
Salt Kettle house is right around the corner from the Salt Kettle Ferry, putting you minutes from Hamilton (but the ferry takes a long lunch from about 12-3). The nearest bus stop was probably a 15-20 minute walk, next to the nearest liquor store. There wasn't much else around. It seemed to be in the middle of a residential area. A very pretty area.

Room Tip: The tower room was fantastic, 360 degree views out the windows, with a private balcony. The entranc...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This family-run B&B feels like home the moment you arrive. The friendly family greets you at the door and exceeds in service and hospitality. The guests are mainly repeat customers, with "insider" advice for newcomers. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Highly recommended!!

Jon was fantastic and by far my favorite family member! He is genuine, kind, and treats the guests like family.

Room Tip: The Tower room has windows on all four sides, a small balcony, and water views on two sides. The ro...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Just home from our latest Bermuda visit, number 7 I think, and missing Salt Kettle. We have already made our booking for next year at this fabulous guest house/cottages. You could not ask for a better price in accommodations or more helpful staff. You quickly become a part of the Lowe family. From the first time we found Salt kettle "by accident" (they do not advertise) to this past week's visit, we have loved every minute there...from the accommodations to the fantastic customer service ...and of course the French toast! Thank you Hazel, John, Jane, Digna and Moi...see you next October!!!

Room Tip: We have stayed in the cottages and the apartment...recommend this view over Hamilton Harbour.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Our stay at The Salt Kettle House was delightful. The location is perfect & an excellent alternative to staying in one of the larger hotels on the island. The room was spacious, clean & quiet with a comfortable bed that we both slept great in. The staff and family who run it are terrific & so helpful with whatever you need. A real pleasure to stay & we would definitely stay at the Salt Kettle House again when returning to Bermuda!

Room Tip: We adored our cottage room overlooking the water - a real gem!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Branford, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Salt Kettle House for a week during Cup Match and Holiday week. We had a wonderful time. Hazel, John, Mike and Jan were all on hand that week and helped make our stay and island experiences superb! It is a family type atmosphere in a peaceful and serene setting. I would highly recommend going on a snorkeling/water sport trip. We took the Rising Sun Catamaran trip out of Dockyard and had a blast. Also, make sure to walk all around the back of Horseshoe Bay because it is absolutely gorgeous. The Flatts are really pretty too and right by the Aquarium. We will definitely be back to Bermuda and the Salt Kettle House in the near future!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stayed at salt kettle house for four days. It seemed longer because the time went by so slowly. I rented out the cabin named pinpoint B. There had been a patio which faced the water and could literally walk down the steps into the peaceful waters. I could see fish swimming below me because the water was so clear. Loved it. John, the host, was very sweet and accommodating. He would often inquire how my stay was going and offer suggestions.

For breakfast, you could have eggs, French toast, or pancakes, fruit, cereal, and bacon. Breakfast is included! Transportation from salt kettle was super easy--minutes away from ferry and a bit further for the bus. The best part I think was actually meeting the other residents staying there. You meet over breakfast, chat about places to visit and get really good ideas on what to see. I'm shy by nature but this setup was good for me. I arrived late one night from a late bus pickup and I was genuinely surprised by how random strangers would worry about a single girl traveling by herself. It felt good to have someone looking out for me. One couple had been regularly going there for over twenty years! It's easy to see why--you feel at home pretty quickly. You can come and go when you please, have a quick dip after the beach and have good company to chat with upon your return. I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2013
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I just arrived home from our most recent visit to Bermuda and another wonderful stay at Salt Kettle House. Hazel and her family make every stay so very special and this one was no different. Our room was "the apartment", which is exactly as it sounds. A small sitting room as you walk in the door, as well as a large bedroom and full kitchen and bathroom. We even had our own terrace with a dining table and chairs just outside our room where we could eat dinner after cooking some steaks or pork on the barbecue to enjoy with some fine Aussie wine. The grounds are well kept and the french toast in the morning is a godsend. One of the great things about staying in a guest house is creating friendships with other guests and Salt Kettle always seems to cater to some of the friendliest guests I have ever met. I could go on and on about the quiet beauty and advantages of staying here, but you need to see it for youself. I promise that if one is looking for a tranquil but enjoyable stay in Bermuda, this is the place to go. Thanks again to everyone at Salt Kettle House for keeping my childhood memories of Bermuda alive.

Thomas Fraser
Toronto, Canada

Room Tip: Best rooms are...The apartment, and pinpoint A or B (cottages).
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Salt Kettle House? Share your experiences!