My Husband and I stayed at the Elbow Beach for our Honeymoon. I had been to Bermuda before and stayed at Grotto Bay and we both loved Bermuda and Elbow Beach met all of our expectations and then some.
When we arrived we found out that the hotel upgraded us from a Beachfront Lanai located in the section of rooms called "Sea Grape" to an ocean view Premier Suite. Our room was #663 located in "Alamanda" and it was HUGE. Two rooms, two bathrooms, walk in closet and wonderful patio with quality chaise lounge and dining table where we had breakfast each morning. The decor of the room was clean and modern and fit the surroundings. Flat screen TV, wood floors, marble bath, white linens ceiling fans, exposed rafter ceiling and light colors all made the ocean view seem evern more soothing. Our room was a newly renovated room away from the Main Hotel. I think they have little golf carts that will pick you up from your room but I don'd mind walking - which you will definetly do alot of as it is a bit of a trek from the hotel to the beach. But the grounds are lovely and they have stairs and paths. There are more than 5 restaurants at the hotel so you really didn't have to leave at all but the City of Hamilton was only a five minute cab ride away. Breakfast at the Seahorse Grill is buffet ONLY and it is $24 a person - we just ordered room service most mornings and had coffee and ordered a la carte. The Beach is the most beutiful in Bermuda although I hear Horshoe Bay is great too. THe Pool was nice too and the Drinks at the Pool Bar were the best we had in terms of Pina Coladas and Rum Swizzles! Tea at the Verandah lounge was a treat as well as dinner at Lido down by the Beach. We did a two hour spa treatment in one of the couples spa suites which was amazing.
The hotel staff was quick resonding and friendly. There were only two things that happened during our stay that we felt bad about. We had some Bermudian Money- about $20 worth- in the room in plain site which we planned to take back home. Granted we should not have left it in plain site but we came back to find it was missing. The housekeeping and security took a report but the Hotel never responded until four days later when I had to call them to follow up. They only apologized and credited our account the $20. The amount of money was not the issue - $20 is a drop in the bucket compared to what we spent for the week we were there. I was definitly expecting a better response from the Hotel management. So if you go don't leave any valuables out - use the safe they provide. The other thing that didn't sit well was the service at the Seahorse Grill. THe food was fresh and prepared well but the menu was set up very odd - two courses cost $43 and three courses cost $53 - it ends up that my Husband's steak cost less than my shrimp dish. Just very odd and the staff did not do a very good job of explaining how it worked. Overall, be aware that Elbow Beach is expensive. The room we were in probably goes for upwards of $700 a night but if you are looking for a quick getaway (Bermuda is only two hours from Boston) and don't mind spending some money then Elbow Beach is your place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elbow Beach is Bermuda's only luxury beachfront resort. Lanai-style patios are featured with each of our 98 guestrooms and suites, spread amongst 50 acres of tropical gardens sloping down to the longest private pink sand beach on the island. Each of our elegantly appointed rooms and suites have been enhanced with modern in-room entertainment systems, luxurious soft furnishings, iPod docking stations, personal espresso machines and upgraded bathroom facilities. Facilities include a holistic spa, swimming pool, fitness room, recreation lounge, tennis courts and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Elbow Beach, Bermuda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elbow Beach, Bermuda Hotel Paget
- Mandarin Oriental Paget
- Elbow Beach, Bermuda Paget Parish
- Elbow Beach Hotel Bermuda