We paid a lot for this stay and overall we had a blast. We had a short window of just 2 nights to enjoy ourselves and so we splurged on Elbow beach at over $600/night. The food and drinks were very expensive as expected. The food on the beach was very good though. We had excellent service at breakfast and dinner but just ok service at lunch and when getting our towels and beach chairs. Nothing terrible but not as 5 star as the doorman, the bellman, and the friendly groundskeepers. the beach bathrooms were not as spotless as they could have been but our guest room was very clean and well appointed. The bathroom was luxurious and tv watching was pleasant for something outside the US with lots of channels (for the grand total of 45 minutes that we watched tv).
The automated systems could use a little work as they asked us before our stay what kind of amenities to stock the mini bar with. But, the form was not an online form, they wanted you to print it out and fill it in by hand. i got some of the stuff i asked for but not all of it. Once again, good service but not really 5 star on that one. i did receive a survey online. The GM responded personally to my comments and that was an excellent sign.
THE BOTTOM LINE: beautiful, beautiful, beautiful beach. i would definitely go back. a $14 Corona is worth it when you are basking in the sun and someone delivers it on a tray with a big smile. the food was unexpectedly good and the vibe was relaxed but upscale. the setting is spectacular and the rooms are comfortable, clean and upscale although not remarkable. Many of the staff are friendly and provide outstanding service while some provide good if unremarkable service. The management seems to care so the small dead spots in service and amenity will probably get taken care of in short order.
- Also Known As:
- Elbow Beach, Bermuda Hotel
- Elbow Beach, Bermuda Hotel Paget
- Mandarin Oriental Paget
- Elbow Beach Bermuda
- Elbow Beach
- Elbow Beach Bermuda Paget
- Elbow Beach Hotel Bermuda
- Elbow Beach, Bermuda Paget Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elbow Beach is an intimate luxury resort featuring 98 guestrooms and suites spread amongst 50 acres of tropical gardens sloping down to an immaculate private pink sand beach. The newly refurbished guestrooms have been enhanced with the addition of advanced in-room entertainment systems, luxurious soft furnishings, iPod docking stations, personal espresso machines and upgraded bathroom facilities. Facilities include a holistic spa, swimming pool, fitness room, recreation lounge, tennis courts and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Amex, Travelocity, Otel and Venere so you can book your Elbow Beach, Bermuda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.