Overall I would give the hotel a good rating, but as a 5 star Mandarin property, I would say it doesn't live up to their standard. It has a beautiful beach in a beautiful setting, but lacks the "delighter" or "wow factor" because some details are not as precise as you would imagine from a luxury hotelier. I understand that they are undergoing renovations, but the renovations are ongoing and some areas definitely need an overhaul (such as carpeting, seating, walls, lighting, finishes). In terms of the room we had, it was updated with fresh linens, and other amenities like new tile, tub, sink, counter, faucets, shower, etc, but the finish work (painting, caulking) was not finished well in some areas. The robe had holes in the sleeves and on a few occasions, we found long hair from the maid and a spider. The room's floor was not kept clean on every visit (still sand and dirt on the tile floor) and the pillows were not replaced on every visit, so there was some attention to detail and consistency that was lacking. We stayed for 4 nights at a reduced group rate and I am glad that we did not pay the full price. The restaurant was very pricey, but I understand that everything has to be shipped in to the island, so I assume that's the reason for the increased prices. At the restaurant, there were dead flies on the window sills and birds flew in everywhere to join us for our meals. The breakfast buffet was excellent - the granola/nuts with yogurt and fruit was something we enjoyed every day along with the coffee, so it was a great start to the day and we looked forward to it. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Overall, we had a great vacation, but I'd recommend asking alot of questions and looking at photos before making final reservations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elbow Beach is Bermuda's only luxury beachfront resort. Lanai-style patios are featured with each of our 98 guestrooms and suites, spread amongst 50 acres of tropical gardens sloping down to the longest private pink sand beach on the island. Each of our elegantly appointed rooms and suites have been enhanced with modern in-room entertainment systems, luxurious soft furnishings, iPod docking stations, personal espresso machines and upgraded bathroom facilities. Facilities include a holistic spa, swimming pool, fitness room, recreation lounge, tennis courts and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Elbow Beach, Bermuda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elbow Beach, Bermuda Hotel Paget
- Mandarin Oriental Paget
- Elbow Beach, Bermuda Paget Parish
- Elbow Beach Hotel Bermuda