Just checked in for three nights....Based on their website, this place looked amazing and it seemed to be one of the best hotels on the island. I didn't even mind the high rate, especially during off season, as I prefer to stay at nice places. Well, this hotel is a dump, in need of a major renovation. Cannot believe this place is associated with The Mandarin Hotel chain Everything - from rooms to restaurants - is falling apart. It is run-down and ugly. The receptionist told me we had a great room but he wasn't even convinced himself when he said that. Rooms are scattred around the resort, which was not clear to us - not good for someone who can't walk. You need to rely on shuttle service. Our first room was at the edge of the resort - very scary - far away from the restaurants, beach, gym, spa,...Plus the room smelled like bad sewage. I asked to change our room. We were moved to another room also away from the main areas. And the rooms are set up like shacks - and are painted blue, green, etc. Not classy! You need a shuttle to get around...which we didn't know. They offered to show us another room tomorrow, but in all honesty, I rather move out. The service is defensive at best, trying to blame our "wholesale" (?) booker. I am curious how they will make this better...as I feel my vacation is ruined.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elbow Beach is Bermuda's only luxury beachfront resort. Lanai-style patios are featured with each of our 98 guestrooms and suites, spread amongst 50 acres of tropical gardens sloping down to the longest private pink sand beach on the island. Each of our elegantly appointed rooms and suites have been enhanced with modern in-room entertainment systems, luxurious soft furnishings, iPod docking stations, personal espresso machines and upgraded bathroom facilities. Facilities include a holistic spa, swimming pool, fitness room, recreation lounge, tennis courts and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelClick, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Elbow Beach, Bermuda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elbow Beach, Bermuda Hotel Paget
- Mandarin Oriental Paget
- Elbow Beach, Bermuda Paget Parish
- Elbow Beach Hotel Bermuda