We stayed for 5 nights in a premier garden view room. Reception was excellent on check in, if a little slow and we were taken to our room in a buggy by one of the bellboys, who also told us where the amenities (restaurants, pool etc) were as we travelled to the room.
The room was lovely, very spacious with a sitting area and desk and a beautiful terrace with sunbeds, looking out over the gardens with the ocean in view too.
The bathroom is large with plenty of lovely toiletries, the shower, toilet and bath are in a separate area to the sinks which share their space with wardrobes and safe.
The bed was lovely, very comfortable, - 2 singles made into a king.
The room is equipped with a tv and an ipod dock which also has a clock on it also.
The room is supplied with tea and coffee making facilities however when we used specific tea bags and coffee we were disappointed that these were not replenished and had to visit reception 3 times during our stay to ask for more. In the end one of the staff brought us a box of the tea bags and said would that do which we found a little facetious. For a 5 star hotel we felt that these sorts of things should have automatically been replenished daily by housekeeping.
We added on the breakfast and dinner plan but did wonder if this was good value or not as the prices seemed to pretty much even out. Service in all 3 restaurants was superb in the evenings, we liked the Lido the best and I will put on separate reviews of all 3 of the restaurants. Breakfast was also served in the Lido and on occasion we found this a little hit and miss depending on the staff too. we asked for toast one morning and never received it, another day we asked for juice and this didn’t come and we had to ask again. It’s the little things that let this lovely hotel down and if rectified would make a great deal of difference, especially as the room rate isn’t cheap!
3 evenings the heavens opened and the rain poured down. It was difficult to get transfers back to the room after dinner each evening and we ended up walking back and getting very wet. We felt that the hotel should be aware of this and have drivers available with the buggies when this happened to help the guests stay dry.
Also turndown in the evening was a little too early as we were generally in the shower getting ready for the evening, it would be around 6.30-6.45pm. on one evening I felt told off by housekeeping for not answering the door to her – I was in the shower and did come out to her when I was decent!
The hotel is on a beautiful beach and really is in an idyllic location. I may be being a little picky with some of my comments above but when you are paying 5 star prices you do expect the 5 star service and I will take this into consideration when I am recommending the property to others.
All in all we had a lovely relaxing stay
- Also Known As:
- Elbow Beach, Bermuda Hotel
- Elbow Beach, Bermuda Hotel Paget
- Mandarin Oriental Paget
- Elbow Beach Bermuda
- Elbow Beach
- Elbow Beach Bermuda Paget
- Elbow Beach Hotel Bermuda
- Elbow Beach, Bermuda Paget Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elbow Beach is an intimate luxury resort featuring 98 guestrooms and suites spread amongst 50 acres of tropical gardens sloping down to an immaculate private pink sand beach. The newly refurbished guestrooms have been enhanced with the addition of advanced in-room entertainment systems, luxurious soft furnishings, iPod docking stations, personal espresso machines and upgraded bathroom facilities. Facilities include a holistic spa, swimming pool, fitness room, recreation lounge, tennis courts and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Amex, Tablet Hotels, Priceline, Otel, Travelocity, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Elbow Beach, Bermuda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.