“Ocean view, fine dining, expensive” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 10 Restaurants in Paget Parish
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Walking through our doors will transport you to the wonderful, airy and light signature restaurant of the complex. Large picture windows overlook the lapping waves within 50 feet of your dining chair. This award winning restaurant, offers an exciting menu featuring Mediterranean dishes, local fish and an enticing meat selection. The pastry chef will tempt anyone’s sweet tooth with delectable original dishes to cover all tastes.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Ocean view, fine dining, expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

The Lido is an excellent indoor fine-dining restaurant by the beach, and is part of the Elbow Beach resort complex. The food and service were both above average, with a diverse menu for all tastes and a number of nightly specials. We definitely enjoyed the meal and the ocean view, but the high cost at the end, while not truly unexpected (we've been to Bermuda before and know it's an expensive place), still came as a bit of a shock. Bottles of wine starting around $60--that's how it begins to add up. So my advice is, come here for good food, a nice view, and good service, but don't be price conscious.

Visited July 2014

Cedartown, Georgia
“Two visits, two different meals”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My wife and I ate at Lido two separate times in Bermuda. The first time we ate on our own. Our server was an Italian gentleman who was knowledgeable. It was not a busy night for him and he ran away from me once while I was talking to him trying to order. He had a "Real Housewives" table of eight that was more important to him as I'm sure he made a couple hundred bucks off of them. These were likely on-property guests and I'm not even sure that we were supposed to be eating there technically. It was a slow night and they let us in anyway.

Our server recommended the octopus as an appetizer. This was our first time eating octopus and we were less than impressed. It was dry, tasteless, and the sides were the same. It was almost like the entire plate had been drying under a heat lamp for 45 minutes. Some colleagues at our second dinner at Lido told us they loved octopus and that it was supposed to be moist and full of flavor, so apparently we didn't know that ours was overcooked.

Our entrees were decent. I had the special rib-eye ($56) and my wife had the pork. Average plates compared to similar places back home.

The server did recommend a great chardonnay to go with our entrees that was aged in a steel cask, thus unwooded. We weren't in the mood for red wine so this was a nice surprise and in comparison to the rest of the wine list, was affordable at $82/bottle.

He recommended the sorbet for dessert but sorbet is basically like sherbet to me so I opted instead for chocolate molten cake and coffee. The chocolate molten was pretty good. Better than Chili's but not as good as the one my wife makes and not as good at some of the nicer places at home.

We paid about $300 for this meal counting our pre-dinner cocktails we had at the outside bar overlooking the ocean. Those cocktails were excellent and made from scratch. I had a mojito and my wife had a raspberry mojito.

For our second meal, it was a corporate pre-plated event. Everything was actually much better. The salad was phenomenal and my mahi-mahi was excellent.

Great view and atmosphere. Bring your rewards card with you. It's not cheap.

Visited June 2014
Boca Raton, Florida
“Food was ok. Drinks, view, and atmosphere was even better.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

As we were staying at Elbow Beach, we frequently ate at Lido. Our favorite dinner we had there was on Friday night. There was many people, great live music, and an amazing view of the ocean at night. For even more fun, order a sweet chocolate fondue- fun for everyone!

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Good Tapas, Warm Atmosphere, Cold Waitress”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Had Tapas and a few drinks at Lido's. View was great and food/drink was tasty, but not good value. Service was great except one waitress "Christina". She had snarky attitude and made a sarcastic comment about a menu question I had asked. Later she said couldn't remove a double charge in the bill because "the computer won't let me". A complete lie. Her behavior was obvious she didn't like her job or me. Not customer service oriented. After getting manager involved it was no problem resolving the $12 issue. I was upset because I have spent a lot of money there over the years. Decent restaurant but I probably won't go back.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Paget Parish, Bermuda
“A welcoming experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

The Lido Restaurant always provides a totally pleasant experience from the time you arrive through the last sip of the wine of your choice. We particularly always enjoy locally caught Bermuda fish, served while enjoying the last rays of sun are reflecting off Elbow Beach. Bermuda at its best.with a European flair.

• Visited May 2014