“Thanks for the memory...” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Update restaurant details
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery
Description: The Grande Dame of Bermuda''s restaurants, famous for its celebrity guest list, renowned menus, signature dishes and organic Bermuda selections. Live piano music in its timeless dining room. Glamour, style and the most extensive wine-list on the island with fine wines sourced from Sothebys ready for discerning connoisseurs.And the most stupendous Sunday brunch on the island, with exotic dishes from near (local farm produce and local delicacies) and far (come and see!)
San Francisco, California
“Thanks for the memory...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

excellent service, wonderful ambience, food amazing and friendly people. Didn't miss a beat. Wonderful wine list. Souffle extraordinary...

90% Recommend
Boston
“I wanted to love this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband and I went here for our anniversary dinner on our latest trip to the island. I'd been hearing about the restaurant in the last 20 years I'd been visiting and never gone. We thought a special night out deserved the best, so decided to try it. Our hotel called and made our reservation and let them know it was our anniversary.

This place is a bit of a throwback - we are in our late thirties and we were the youngest in the restaurant by at least 20 years. The decor is country inn style, with older furniture and fixtures - cozy, but dated. The piano player was delightful and played throughout the meal. We were seated immediately, then waited, and waited some more, and some more. We were about to walk out after 30 minutes when FINALLY someone decided to give us menus (and really, it's not like we were downtown - we were a bit trapped there). There were only 4 or 5 other tables so this was confusing, as well as the fact there were 5 or 6 waiters on, but only one man seemed to be doing anything. The menu is delightful - expensive, but a lot of variety and interesting dishes. The wine list is impeccable. We had already had some cocktails at our hotel and decided that just a glass each would be plenty, so did not order a bottle - which I think disappointed our waiter (even though gratuity is already included in the bill...). We ordered the fish chowder and lobster bisque as appetizers - both were terrific.

My husband had a beef tenderloin special which was amazing, and I the rockfish, which was unfortunately undercooked, but the trimmings delicious. I got the sense that this was not the kind of place where a complaint would be taken well.

We had a soufflé for dessert - amazing. Light, fluffy, just as it should be.

All in all, we had a good, but not great, dinner. The service was weird - one guy waiting on everyone in almost a frantic manner, and 5-6 other staff filling water glasses and delivering. It was so slow to begin with (as in one hour after we were seated, we finally had our wine and had ordered apps) and then very rushed through courses. Then it was another 30 mins after we finished dessert to get our bill. I just found it confusing. We weren't sure what the roles were - and at a fine dining establishment, felt it should have been better coordinated.

The table next to us had the veal - I had major buyer's remorse on this one!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
new york
“A must dine when in Bermuda”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We have been to the Four Ways a number of times and it never disappoints. We were on a cruise from NY and made a point of making the trip(long cab ride from the Royal dockyard). My mom and sister had never been to Bermuda, so we wanted to get the best for them in the short time we were there. Dinner was superb and the service is unmatched. A very professional staff and we will be back for dinner when we return.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“The perfect end to our visit to Bermuda”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We booked a table looking out to sea, with the sun setting on our visit to a beautiful, beautiful island. We Started with a bowl of Bermuda's famous Fish chowder. This was rich and tasty and very nice. After being there for over 2 weeks we tried some simple dishes. My wife had a Thai green fish and prawn curry with rice which was spicy, and authentic. I tried a Chinese beef stir fry with vegetables and oyster sauce, which was fresh spicy and tasty. We shared a nice crisp bottle of white wine with the meal and they surprised me with a cake at the end ( it was my birthday ) which was very thoughtful. The staff were attentive and very pleasant. They helped to make my birthday a very special evening. Thank you to all of you.

• Visited August 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“All Time Favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Fourways has never disappointed. I've been coming to this restaurant for 20 years and the food and service is amazing. The Fourways "Veal Classic" without a doubt is the best! My clients always look forward to coming back. Alex and the rest of the staff always make everyone feel so welcome.