We just returned from 6 fabulous, but way too short days at the Newstead and can’t say enough good things about this hotel! This is where we’ll stay for all of our returns to Bermuda!
Our room was a one bedroom suite with a full kitchen and I’m already planning our return trip so I can actually do some cooking a couple of nights. We went out for dinner each night of our trip, but now that we’ve actually been there I would have loved to spend a night or two making a relaxing meal and eating out on the deck / balcony. We did eat at Beau Rivage one night and it was nice. But to be honest, we had much better meals elsewhere (Barracuda Grill was definitely the best meal of the trip and Blu was also terrific). The infinity pool was perfect with gorgeous views of the harbor. We didn’t take advantage of the spa or fitness facilities this time around, so I can’t really comment on those.
We found the location to be wonderful. We were a quick 5 minute free ferry ride to Hamilton and when that isn’t running the regular ferry stop is a short walk from the hotel. We figured out the bus system this time too and found that to be very convenient. There is a bus stop pretty close to the hotel, but I’m not a big fan of walking around on Bermuda’s narrow roads. So – we took the hotel ferry into Hamilton and then jumped on a bus there to just about anywhere we wanted to go. The hotel ferry also drops you right at the Hamilton Ferry terminal where you can go to the Dockyard or St George. We did take a few taxis too, which were also fine. The beach isn’t a big priority for us, so we didn’t mind that there is no beach. However – the hotel will shuttle you to Horseshoe Bay (public beach) as well as the Coco Reef Resort for their private beach. We did visit the beaches one day and didn’t time it very well so we missed the shuttle – but we took a taxi to Warwick Long Bay, had a great beach walk from there down to Horseshoe Bay (passing Jobson’s cove and other great beaches and coves along the way) and took a bus back to the hotel.
Finally, but just as important, is the staff at the Newstead. Paula – the Concierge – was a terrific help to me for months leading up to our trip. She answered my numerous e-mails and questions promptly, arranged our airport transfers, made all of our dinner reservations and was extremely helpful! Eric, the bellman was fantastic. He gave us a tour upon our arrival and was so nice throughout the week. Captain Lionel on the hotel ferry was the best – I left a sweater on the ferry one night on our way to Hamilton for dinner and he made sure I got it back first thing in the morning. And last – but most certainly not least – Charlie the bartender at the pool. Charlie made the best drinks, was always nice and helpful and made all of our pool time very enjoyable.
My only regret is that we didn’t plan on spending more time at the hotel on this trip - although much more time at the bar with Charlie may have been dangerous :-) Sorry for the long review – but lots of good things to say :-) All in all a great trip and we would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!!
- Also Known As:
- Newstead Belmont Hills Paget
- Hotel Newstead Belmont Hills
- Newstead Belmont Hills Hotel Bermuda/Paget Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in one of the world's most exclusive locales, the Newstead Belmont Hills is a rare find. With just 60 waterfront suites the Newstead Belmont Hills lavishes you with Bermuda's most coveted commodity: Elbow room. Meanwhile, our highly personal service reminds you that you've truly found your island home. Amenities include an 18-hole golf course, spa, two restaurants, hair salon, business centre, concierge, water shuttle, infinity pool, whirlpool, tennis courts, full kitchen in each suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Splendia, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Jetsetter so you can book your Newstead Belmont Hills Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.