“Simply Amazing!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Paget Parish
Chicago, IL
“Simply Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I just returned from a family trip to Bermuda where we stayed at the Newstead Belmont Hills Hotel. We absolutely loved this hotel and the great views it provided. Our room was located in the 650 block which was located above the front desk area. We booked a deluxe room which included 2 beds, a small fridge and a huge balcony. The view was amazing as it looked right across into downtown Hamilton. The property is beautiful and very well maintained. Here is a quick break down of the Pros and Cons.

Pros: Free shuttle service from the airport, Free water ferry to taking you to Hamilton, Newer Hotel and the grounds are very well maintained.

Cons: Price (rooms and restaurant on-site), not really located near much within walking distance, and the water ferry runs on a limited schedule.

I will say that the Pros far outweighed the Cons and I would definitely stay at Newstead again in the future. I just will be smart enough to bring my own food and liquor next time! Trust me it will save you a fortune.

Room Tip: Request a high floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I have just had an amazing and charming stay with my family at Newstead Belmont Hills in Paget - Bermuda, where we could enjoy a "grace-period" after touring US East Coast which put through a wringer our resilient attitude to hard but exciting trips.
When I arrived to the Hotel, I immediately sensed the percepetion to have got rightly booked my accomodation planned even 6 months ago on a internet recommendation basis.
My thoughts became certainty when I opened the door of my spacious and tidy room enjoying a fabolous view on Hamilton Harbour, easily reached by a "free premium catamaran" shuttle leaving daily from Hotel dock (in the evening too but not later than 9.00pm unless on Fridays: anyway they give you the operating timetable), and a huge covered balcony patio where to take a breath, soaking up all the bermudian atmosphere with your favourite drink in the hand.
An overall first class reception, carefully managed by clever employees at the front desk,
i.e. Mrs Patrica, a young girl coming from Essex-Colchester whose name we're not able to recall .. pls apologise us.., the older and younger staff concerning free beach shuttle to Coco Reef c/o Elbow Beach all performed excellence to meet our requirements, so much as on the departure day to London (5.40 pm), where they allowed us to use hotel facilities (such as shower, bath, and towels) to get well-shaped despite having already cheched out at 11.00 am and have spent a full day at the beach.
If I'm able to make my dreams come true in the next few years, I'll certainly book again my vacation at Newstead Belmont Hills, also, and at last but not the least, its worthwhile offer is a good compromise between quality and price of services in a truly expensive but wonderful Island (due to my family memebrs.. each move was leveraged 4x). Bye

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hamilton, Bermuda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Despite some initial hiccups with the Reservations Office, I was able to book the 2-night Spa package as a surprise for our wedding anniversary. Granted this is a tad on the expensive side but, as we say here, "it is Bermuda". I went for the 1-bed suite and am eternally grateful that I did.

Well, I can honestly say I was blown away by the accommodations. Fully equipped, modern and luxurious. I have no complaints. Our time at the Spa was made all the more special by the attending friendly staff. More importantly, the wife was totally impressed.

The only reason I did not rate the overall experience as 'excellent' was because the hotel restaurants were under-staffed which detracted from a wonderful culinary experience at the Beau Rivage restaurant, and a total absence of any entertainment, particularly during their much vaunted "Friday happy hour" event. The free ferry shuttle to nearby Hamilton is a god-send.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Huntersville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is my 2nd stay at Newstead and it did NOT disappoint. It was absolutely wonderful. This year, we had the 2 bedroom suite which was spacious and roomy including a full kitchen and a huge covered balcony patio. (Just in case of rain, the cover comes in handy). The views of Hamilton Harbor from the balcony are stunning. The staff is so very accommodating - from the shuttle drivers to the bartender to the front desk and housekeeping services. This hotel is beautiful in a quiet setting where you can relax and enjoy yourself. You cannot find a better value with complimentary water taxi service to and from Hamilton, complimentary airport transfers and complimentary shuttle service to the beach and several restaurants in the area. We will definitely stay here again next year and look forward to seeing the same staff we have seen now for 2 years.

Room Tip: Some of the 2 bedroom suites have a concrete wall versus a slatted railing on the balcony which hind...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our family trip to Bermuda in August proved truly wonderful, in large part the result of Newstead, which accommodated wishes to by on the beach, in town, at the pool, and even, for a bit lounging in the spa or on the treadmills overlooking the harbor. Breakfast proved a terrific gathering spot, even if the kitchen was a bit slow, and the view is breathtaking from every vantage. We had both a two-bedroom suite and a single and both were serviceable; the staff accommodative and the price right on an island that is pretty pricey. Would go there again. Jitney to beach and ferry to town were perfect. Very high marks for this gem!

Room Tip: #752 - two bedroom suite - was far enough away from pool for quiet and high enough (top floor) for...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is my 7th visit to Bermuda, as it is my favorite atlantic island. I've stayed at Tuckers twice, which is very exclusive and the Belmont is a better value for the money. This was our second visit to the Belmont. We had regular suite the first time and were impressed. I booked a deluxe suite as high on the grounds that was available. The rooms are very well maintained by the staff, clean. We had a full kitchen which we used everyday for breakfast and served on our enormous balcony overlooking a panoramic view of Hamilton harbor. The staff was courteous and very friendly as everyone is on the island. Transportation to and from the airport are included and there are breakfast packages. The pool is nice, the only infinity pool I know of on the island. They have their own water taxi to Hamilton that takes only 5 minutes. This is a very nice feature that is not offered by any other hotel that I'm aware of.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 5th or top floor are quieter. Look for rooms not close to the pool area. AC is very noi...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bermuda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I will definitely return, everything was perfect. Private ferry into Hamilton, and personal shuttle bus to a beautiful golf course
And when you want to go to the beach, the shuttle takes you to a beach with your own Loungers and parasols..
All of this, and a wonderful spa, with great treatments, and fabulous stylists.
Plus, a gourmet restaurant on site, with excellent room service, if you want to eat on your beautiful terrace.
You also have access to another great restaurant, a short shuttle ride back to the golf club, where ,there is another fabulous restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the cottages with a garden.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Newstead Belmont Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!