“Spacious suites, wonderful place, beautiful view” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Night!
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Paget Parish
Boston, Massachusetts
“Spacious suites, wonderful place, beautiful view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Just got back from a long weekend at the Newstead with my husband and 17 year old daughter. Loved the hotel. We stayed in a spacious 2-bedroom suite, which was heavenly. The hotel was rebuilt about 5 years ago, and it shows . . . The common areas are beautiful and sleek and highlight the view across the water to Hamilton, and our rooms were spacious and modern and spotless. The staff members were friendly and helpful at all times. Our favorites were: massages at the Newstead Spa (deep tissue with Frederika), complimentary golf at the nearby course, dinner (twice!) at Blu (complete with complementary shuttle service), and sitting in the Newstead's hot tub looking out across the water to Hamilton. The only thing that took some getting used to was needing transportation (complementary shuttle to the airport, Coco Reef, Blu, and golf; taxis everywhere else), but that's the nature of things in Bermuda. Other than that . . . highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Summit, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The 6 of us stayed from 3/6 to 3/10 to celebrate friend's 50th birthday. We got two 1 bedroom suites which were huge. Took advantage of the Bermuda Pink sale where a bunch of hotels were offering 50% discount to room rates. Unfortunately, the weather wasn't the best. We got caught in the storm while we were there and the winds blew 30-50MPH every day. Played golf at Belmont Hills and Port Royal. Belmont Hills was OK but Port Royal was spectacular. Also went to the spa one day when we got rained out on golf. The spa was very nice. Went to the steam room. The staff at Newstead was excellent. Had breakfast at the hotel which was about $30/person. The Sunday brunch(about $40/person) was absolutely great! Dined at the Four Ways restaurant(nearby) which was superb. Also went to Hamilton and ate at Chopsticks(Asian), Barricuda(very nice) and Port O Call(Sushi was great) Super friendly island and totally "clean". The weather in March could be iffy. May and Oct are the best months to visit, we were told. Would visit again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Quincy, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I just came back from staying at Newstead. On our 2nd night, the room got stuffy so I decided to open the window (we couldn't open the door because the wind was blowing 40 mph the entire time we were there). I unlatched the locks on the window and the top window came crashing down on my fingers like a guillotine. I thought the tops of my fingers had been cut off or broken. I don't do well with blood and passed out because blood was dripping from my fingers. My husband ran to the front desk in a robe to ask them to call for an ambulance. The ambulance came and said my fingers weren't broken (luckily) but that I would probably lose a fingernail and did I want to go to the hospital. I chose not to go to the hospital because they were quite sure my fingers were not broken. When we went out the next day, we stopped by the front desk and asked if anyone had told the manager of my injury. Andrew at the front desk (who is wonderful) said that there was a note and that the manager would be in contact with us. Eric the Bellman was outstanding and told us of a plant (match-me-if-you-can) that you mush up and put on the injury and wrap another leaf around the fingers and they would be as good as new the next day. I did this and it was amazing! It numbed my fingers so they didn't ache and I could move them much better the next day. THANK YOU ERIC! The manager is another story. She NEVER got in touch with us even though we asked every morning if she would. We were told that she stopped by our room once, but we weren't there (no kidding we're on vacation and never left the room before 10 am), so my husband said "she doesn't have a pen?" No note, no voicemail, no acknowledgement AT ALL from her about my injury, we were not offered a free massage, a free meal or a free night's stay. When I got the bill I expected to see a night taken off or something....NOTHING. I still had to pay for all four nights. I was told that they couldn't take a night off my bill because I paid in full at booking. No kidding Sherlock, you have to give your credit card at booking to hold the room. They did eventually take off the lunch we ate when we first checked in. At least we didn't have to pay the $8 they charged for a glass of water at the restaurant. The only restaurant we ate at that charged for water by the way. The island is beautiful, the people are very friendly, but you should think twice about staying here, which is unfortunate since it is a lovely spot. Maybe better management would be helpful.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
KSB084, Manager at Newstead Belmont Hills Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Good day June K,
Thank you for choosing Newstead Belmont Hills and thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I would like to express my sincerest apologies for the injury you received during your recent stay with us. If you have a chance please connect me directly to speak on this matter. We take all feedback very seriously and I would like to address the comments you mentioned.

Regards,
Kamila Bean
Front Office Manager
1-441-249-7116
Stoney Creek, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I had a great vacation of sight-seeing and relaxation in Bermuda and the Newstead Belmont Hills Hotel was the best place for our stay. The hotel is a 5-minute ferry ride across the capital of Hamilton. The wind blows from the north toward the hotel making it feel cool at the hotel than across the bay in Hamilton. Since we were there in the winter, it was too cool to use the infinity pool, which was not heated.
The hotel has it's own ferry making it very convenient to travel to Hamilton, where you can catch other ferries or buses. The hotel will give you their ferry schedule. While we were there their ferry operated in the morning and after 5:00 pm, did not run in the evening on Saturday or all day Sunday. However, the public ferry has a "Belmont" stop if you get the pink ferry pass or tickets. The hotel also has a shuttle, which will take you on the short ride to their golf course. We were told that we had a complimentary round of golf everyday. However, we did not golf, so I'm not sure about the logistics regarding their golf course. The shuttle will also take you and pick you up from the Coco Reef Hotel, where we were told you can use their pool and beach access. We did go to the Coco Reef Hotel to hang out at the beach. We were given a pass by Newstead, and the Coco Reef gave us beach towels. The weather on the South side of the island is much warmer and there were people laying out at the pool, although the ocean was way too cold for swimming.
Our hotel room was very spacious with huge french doors from the the bedroom and living area to the big balcony. There is also a full kitchen, which came in very handy on the days we picked up groceries or take out for dinner.
The Beau Rivage restaurant on-sight is very good, but very expensive. We had the breakfast plan, which I do not recommend, as the breakfast plan is a limited menu. Basically, it is an extended continental without any breakfast meat.
The Blu Restaurant at the golf course is very good, but also expensive.
Overall this hotel is clean, comfortable, and the hotel staff are very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable, and I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money for a suite.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed at this property for a week last August 2012. Room was spacious, meticulously clean, modern and comfortable. Gorgeous views, convenient complimentary transport by ferry to Hamilton. The only recommendation would be to have a small convenience store and/or snack bar so you could grab a snack or drink during off-hours. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: All rooms have harbor views
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Plymouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent a wonderful few days at the Newstead Belmont Hills to celebrate my birthday and Valentine's Day. What a perfect choice!

The property is located in a great spot, with panoramic views of Hamilton and the harbor from every angle of the hotel that we saw (pool, restaurant, lobby, terraces and our room).

Our room was located in a small cottage down near the pool, right on the water. It was a good-sized, king bed studio with a small, but very well-equipped kitchen and a large bathroom. The decor was good and the setting was very private. Once inside our room, we felt like we had our own private property on the water!

The service by every staff member we encountered at the hotel was top-notch. The concierge staff went above and beyond to make our stay in Bermuda a great one, including helping with restaurant reservations, taxi and scooter bookings, and more.

The complimentary hotel ferry to Hamilton was very convenient and only a 5-minute ride. The only down side was that it wasn't running too frequently because it was low season when we were there. The infinity pool looked very inviting too, though we were unable to use that too as it was mid- February and a little chilly, and the pool is not heated.

Overall, our stay at Newstead was great and we would definitely return!

• Stayed February 2013
Hamilton, Bermuda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The room was magnificent and the service fantastic. We checked in around 5.10pm and about 2 mins later the chamber maid arrived to turn down the beds and leave a delicate chocolate penny in her wake. In the king suite, the views of the harbour continued right into the lavish bath equipped with a XL jacuzzi.
With the complimentary water taxi offering services to/fro Hamilton, this hotel definitely has it all - on-site restaurants, spa, tennis courts, infinity pool, hot tub and shuttle service to the golf course, courteous staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Newstead Belmont Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!