My husband and I had a great vacation of sight-seeing and relaxation in Bermuda and the Newstead Belmont Hills Hotel was the best place for our stay. The hotel is a 5-minute ferry ride across the capital of Hamilton. The wind blows from the north toward the hotel making it feel cool at the hotel than across the bay in Hamilton. Since we were there in the winter, it was too cool to use the infinity pool, which was not heated.
The hotel has it's own ferry making it very convenient to travel to Hamilton, where you can catch other ferries or buses. The hotel will give you their ferry schedule. While we were there their ferry operated in the morning and after 5:00 pm, did not run in the evening on Saturday or all day Sunday. However, the public ferry has a "Belmont" stop if you get the pink ferry pass or tickets. The hotel also has a shuttle, which will take you on the short ride to their golf course. We were told that we had a complimentary round of golf everyday. However, we did not golf, so I'm not sure about the logistics regarding their golf course. The shuttle will also take you and pick you up from the Coco Reef Hotel, where we were told you can use their pool and beach access. We did go to the Coco Reef Hotel to hang out at the beach. We were given a pass by Newstead, and the Coco Reef gave us beach towels. The weather on the South side of the island is much warmer and there were people laying out at the pool, although the ocean was way too cold for swimming.
Our hotel room was very spacious with huge french doors from the the bedroom and living area to the big balcony. There is also a full kitchen, which came in very handy on the days we picked up groceries or take out for dinner.
The Beau Rivage restaurant on-sight is very good, but very expensive. We had the breakfast plan, which I do not recommend, as the breakfast plan is a limited menu. Basically, it is an extended continental without any breakfast meat.
The Blu Restaurant at the golf course is very good, but also expensive.
Overall this hotel is clean, comfortable, and the hotel staff are very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable, and I would definitely recommend this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Newstead Belmont Hills Paget
- Hotel Newstead Belmont Hills
- Newstead Belmont Hills Hotel Bermuda/Paget Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in one of the world's most exclusive locales, the Newstead Belmont Hills is a rare find. With just 60 waterfront suites the Newstead Belmont Hills lavishes you with Bermuda's most coveted commodity: Elbow room. Meanwhile, our highly personal service reminds you that you've truly found your island home. Amenities include an 18-hole golf course, spa, two restaurants, hair salon, business centre, concierge, water shuttle, infinity pool, whirlpool, tennis courts, full kitchen in each suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Splendia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Jetsetter so you can book your Newstead Belmont Hills Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.