We were at the Newstead for 4 nights from Friday, July 20th to Tuesday, July 24th and could not have had a better time! Check in was a breeze, our room was ready early and we went right in. We booked a 1 BR suite and wound up having the whole top floor of one of the cottages on the water.
The suite was absolutely spectacular! It was more of a luxury apartment than hotel suite. The rooms were large, very roomy and were very tastefully decorated. Nothing was skimped on… quality furniture, bedding, electronics, and appliances throughout. Even what looked like Brazilian Cherry wood floors running through most rooms with beautiful tile in the bathrooms and it was all spotless and odor free. Even the plumbing fixtures were high quality in both the bathrooms and kitchen. Even the water pressure in the shower was wonderful with nice big showerheads. The view from our windows and balcony was just unbelievable!
We were directly above the water with a clear 180 degree view of the harbor boat activity and Hamilton. If I was to drop a pebble from our balcony, it would have hit the water without interference about 30 feet below! With the full kitchen, we tried to spend as much time as we could on that balcony. It was so easy to take their ferry over to Hamilton, walk about 3 or 4 blocks to the local supermarket and pick up breakfast and lunch food to prepare later. We even got some take out Thai, brought it back and enjoyed it on that balcony. Everyone on the staff was very friendly and helpful from the front desk to housekeeping. Taking their shuttle over to Elbow beach was a snap, no more than a 5 min. ride. Even the return trip was easy. They have an agreement with the Coco Reef Resort. Beach lounge chairs and umbrellas were provided for free and when you were ready to return to the Newstead, you just went to the front desk of the Coco Reef and they called over to the Newstead. The shuttle arrived in less than 5 min. We rented a moped after the first day and just used it to go to whatever beaches we wanted to.
I would consider the Newstead a boutique luxury hotel. It is just a nice size and doen't have some of the craziness of large hotels. It was full the time we were there but pool lounges were always available and the pool was never crowded. There is no doubt that this is the place to stay if you are going to Bermuda. Just the fact that it is centrally located makes it the perfect location. The airport is about a 30 min. drive away. Trust me, no need to search any further, this is the place you want to stay in if you are going to Bermuda!
If I can just give Hotel management one thing to work on, the upper floor balconies on the cottages have no protection from the sun. It can get quite hot out there at times and it would be great to have some sort of awning that could be rolled out when needed to provide shade. I'm sure a windy day could pose a problem but I've stayed at resorts that have a devise on the awnings that automaticly roll them up when wind speed is above a certain amount. But being that close to the water is still worth dealing with the heat from the sun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in one of the world's most exclusive locales, the Newstead Belmont Hills is a rare find. With just 60 waterfront suites the Newstead Belmont Hills lavishes you with Bermuda's most coveted commodity: Elbow room. Meanwhile, our highly personal service reminds you that you've truly found your island home. Amenities include an 18-hole golf course, spa, two restaurants, hair salon, business centre, concierge, water shuttle, infinity pool, whirlpool, tennis courts, full kitchen in each suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Splendia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Otel, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Newstead Belmont Hills Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newstead Belmont Hills Paget
- Hotel Newstead Belmont Hills
- Newstead Belmont Hills Hotel Bermuda/Paget Parish