Having just returned from a second trip to Bermuda 18 years after the first, things have certainly changed. The Bermudian people are just as nice, polite, cheerful and helpful as before but the island has lost a lot of its charm. There is so much more traffic, not only cars but trucks and mopeds all seemingly going at a much faster pace.
The first time we were there we roamed the island on a moped wtih no worries, this time we managed 1/2hr and then we returned our rental and were left to use taxis and ferries.
We arrived at the hotel to an unexpected upgrade to a 1 bedroom suite. Very nice room with a full kitchen and a huge balcony. We ate lunch and dinner at Beau Rivage the first day, the food was excellent albeit somewhat expensive but to be expected for Bermuda.
Our only complaint was the breakfasts, we had booked the breakfast package not expecting to have the full kitchen in our room. Strangely the package was more expensive than a la carte and the menu very limited, seemed backwards, we cancelled the package and ate a la carte for the rest of the week.
Also tried the other hotel restaurant Blu where the food was excellent. Had great dinners at the Hogpenny and the Lobster Pot in Hamilton.
The Newstead has a private ferry that runs from the hotel to Hamilton, the schedule is limited so make sure of the times, but it's well worth using either way.
The hotel has a nice Infinity pool with its own pool bar.
We enjoyed the hotel and would certainly recommend it to anyone, we love the island but with not being able to rent a moped, getting around the island becomes limiting and the charm we remember from years ago is diminished.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in one of the world's most exclusive locales, the Newstead Belmont Hills is a rare find. With just 60 waterfront suites the Newstead Belmont Hills lavishes you with Bermuda's most coveted commodity: Elbow room. Meanwhile, our highly personal service reminds you that you've truly found your island home. Amenities include an 18-hole golf course, spa, two restaurants, hair salon, business centre, concierge, water shuttle, infinity pool, whirlpool, tennis courts, full kitchen in each suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Splendia, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Otel, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Newstead Belmont Hills Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newstead Belmont Hills Paget
- Hotel Newstead Belmont Hills
- Newstead Belmont Hills Hotel Bermuda/Paget Parish