“Great experience!” 5 of 5 stars

+1 441-238-8212
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Spicelands is the home of Bermuda's Premiere Trail Rides. We have been sharing our beautiful horses and spectacular Island with our guests for more that 40years. Come ride with us & learn about the history of the railway trail, the fauna & flora and lots of other little tid bits! We offer a selection of rides so an absolute novice or an experienced rider can enjoy the experience. Special Rides for proposals, weddings or celebrations can be arranged. Book securely on line or email us for more information.
Yorktown Heights, New York
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2015 NEW

We were in Bermuda on a cruise last June and did a ride with Spicelands. I felt gulity that I never posted a review, and now that we are heading back to Bermuda this August, I feel like I need to post something. I will start out by saying that we plan to return to Spicelands for another ride this time, which probably tells you everything you need to know! We try to go horseback riding on each of our cruises. I've had some good experiences but my ride at Spicelands was easily the best! I told them that I needed a slow steady horse because of a bad experience I'd had at a stable near my house. They gave me a great horse who never gave me any trouble. The route we took was amazing, leading down to the beach. The guides were excellent. Bottom line is I cannot recommend Spicelands highly enough!

Visited June 2014

Queens, New York
3 attraction reviews
“First Time Rider”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2015

My fiancee and I chose the Spiceland's Trail ride as one of our shore excursions on our Norwegian Cruise. As a first time rider I was a bit nervous about getting on a horse. However there was no problem at all and by the end I felt like a pro. Our trail guide was knowledgeable and friendly about both the history and culture of the island, and about his horses. My horse could not have been more gentle and well behaved. The horses are well taken care of as well. The scenery is beautiful and serene.

I would definitely recommend this ride to anyone who wants to experience the beauty of Bermuda and its beaches in a unique way, and anyone who wants to get a taste of what riding on a horse is like.

Visited May 2015
New Salem, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
“Can't wait to go a 3rd time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2015

This was my second time horseback riding with the Spicelands team. It was amazing! I went to the early ride because I wanted to go on the beach with the horses. It was worth getting up early. It was so fun. The horses are very calm and the guide, Brandon, knew each horse individually. I love the fact that they treat the horses so well. Can't wait to go back again.

Visited May 2015
South Windham, Maine
“Spicelands Trail / Beach Ride with Brendan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2015

If you love horses, the beach, and a personable, knowledgeable tour guide - Spicelands Riding Centre is the place and Brendan Smith is your man. I am very particular about the condition of the animals in "For Hire" situations and the Spicelands horses were in excellent body condition, well shod for their work, and obviously very well cared for. Brendan was welcoming, reassuring, very skilled with the animals AND the customers. He is a very good horseman and does a great job looking after what appear to be mostly inexperienced tourists. This not the ride for intermediate or advanced riders in training for the Olympics. It is for equine neophytes and those who seek a relaxed, relaxing, and not-too-difficult-for-the-animals walk cross country and on the beach. I highly recommend this ride as a pleasant, vacation experience involving horses in beautiful Bermuda.

Visited April 2015
Liza O, Owner at Spicelands Riding Centre, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you MJB, we certainly do love & care about our horses & we appreciate that you took time to share your experience here on tripadvisor.

We hope you will return to Bermuda soon and join us again!
“Thank You Brendan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2015

Our family did the trail ride with Brendan down to the beaches. We had a great time. Brendan was amazing and gave us a great history lesson about the island. Highly recommend it for families.

Visited April 2015
We loved sharing our beautiful island with your lovely family. Thank you for choosing to share your vacation with us,