“Island Sunset Tour / Dinner at Tom's Moore's pub” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Winsome Tours are private and exclusive for all size groups from 1 through 50 people (or more) - Owners Ralph and Julie Richardson are both Born Bermudians. They are both semi retired and enjoy sharing their island home with their guests. The couple has increased their fleet to two vehicles as demand has required it. Both bring their unique Bermuda experiences to their tours and immediately create the feeling of family with their guests. Their incredible knowledge of Bermuda, coupled with their friendly approach, sets Winsome apart as a premier tour operation. As one of their guest has stated, "It is like a drive with family."
New York City, New York
“Island Sunset Tour / Dinner at Tom's Moore's pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I am not one who normally would take the time to write a review but felt it was worthwhile to let other travelers to Bermuda know what a great experience my wife and I had with Ralph Richardson and six other couples from our cruise ship (unknown to us prior to the tour).
Ralph is one of the most well rounded individuals I have gotten to know in a very long time. Not only was he able to educate us on the history of Bermuda but he shared with us personal stories of his family's life on the island. We stopped at many scenic locations as well as having such points of interest as the home of New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, the new PGA golf course (I am New Yorker who enjoys golf), etc., pointed out.
The highlight was dinner at Tom Moore's Pub where the food and service was excellent - 5 star - and surprise entertainment provided by Mr. Richardson with support of the touring couples themselves.
I individual on the tour who cruises up to ten times annually indicated to my wife and I (cruising novices) this once the best tour she had experienced.
Look into it. You will enjoy it!

Visited October 2013

Charleston, SC
16 attraction reviews
“Very good overview”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We did a 6 hour tour with a group from our cruise ship. Julie, one of the owners, was our guide, and very informative and entertaining. We covered the whole 22 miles of Bermuda, with a pre-arranged stop at Crystal Cave. The tour was great. My only recommendation would be to ask Julie to stop at the top of the hill when she goes through the middle and lower class section of the island. We were driving through and as we came over the top of the hill you got a beautiful view of all the multi-colored houses packed together as far as you could see. It was beautiful. Sorry I do not know the name of the road but I am sure Julie will know what I am talking about. We were picked up and dropped off at the cruise terminal. I thought the price was reasonable. The van was comfortable but the windows are a bit on the short side so your field of view is somewhat restricted from the middle or opposite side that you are viewing.

Ogdensburg, New York
4 attraction reviews
“Excellent Tour & Guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We highly recommend Winsome Tours for anyone looking to visit Bermuda and see all that the Island has to offer, with its rich history and culture. Our guide picked us up right at our ship and guided us on a full tour from one end of the Island to the other. Ralph and his wife,Julie are the owners and personally guide the tours. It is great to have Bermudians that love their land and culture share their experiences and history with you. We will certainly use Winsome Tours again when we return to Bermuda.

Thanks so much Ralph.
From the Frey and Thompson family

Wilmington, Delaware
“Winsome Wins!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

If you are looking for an exceptional tour of Bermuda, this is it! Ralph Richardson picked us up at our ship and gave us quite a treat. We have been to Bermuda many times, but found that Ralph, as a native of Bermuda, gave us a tour of places we had and had not been before and taught us history of the island. He was also happy to accommodate a few requested sites along the way. Ralph has a friendly and comfortable style of sharing his beautiful island home with visitors. My husband and I would recommend Winsome Transport very highly.

Denver, Colorado
“This is a very enjoyable, educational experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My wife and I feel fortunate to have had Ralph Richardson of Winsome Tours show us his Country. We travelled totally through Bermuda for five hours. We were very comfortable, and established a very intimate one-to-one communication with Ralph. We stopped whenever we asked, and learned about the things that interested us. We never suffered through "contrived" humor or "canned" narrative. Ralph is not only extremely knowledgeable, and a great communicator, but he is a celebrity in Bermuda. After a successful career and many accolades, Ralph wants to share Bermuda with us. I highly recommend Winsome Tours.