This was our 4th trip to Bermuda but the fist time we stayed on land. What a great vacation!! Bermuda remains safe, clean and utterly relaxing. The weather was fabulous, the water was refreshing and the beauty of the land and sea scapes never ends.
We searched the internet to find places to stay and became enchanted by the Granaway Guest House. We liked the central location. We were intrigued by the age of the home. There were lots and lots of positive reviews. So, we booked it.
If you are looking for a modern, luxurious resort with lots of amenities and constant activities then you are not suited for Granaway. However, if you are looking for a reasonable getaway location with unique ambiance, delightful conversation, open and caring attention and don't mind doing a bit of walking then nothing can beat Michael and Carol Ashton's wonderful home.
Each succesive Breakfast topped the one from the day before. The location has a beautiful view of the sound. The back yard garden and the pool are excellent. The harbor-side dock offers the best sunsets and a great place to swim and float. The bus and the ferry stop very nearby. Your hosts are exceedingly accomodating often offering a ride to the beach in the morning, allowing occassional use of the main kitchen and the back yard grill. Their right-hand-man, Francisco, is extremely attentive, making me an early press of coffee each morning as I sat on the balcony and read before the other guests arrived for breakfast.
Did I mention Olive and Maverick? As with most domesticated cats, if you don't want her near you Olive will find your lap. Maverick is always on the job making sure all is well. He's a great companion and loves getting his pets.
Some reviews mention road noise and mustiness in the downstairs rooms. I cannot argue, indeed this can be the case. The road noise begins to recede in ones mind after the first day of relaxing and the mustiness is a nartural by-product of a home of this age in this sub-tropical setting. I've experienced worse in modern hotels in places like Puerto Vallarta and even on Oahu. Pump up the air conditioning a bit to mitigate the problem..
We would definitely call Granaway our home-away-from-home when we return to Bermuda again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Granaway is a Bermudian bed and breakfast. The manor house was built in 1734 and is a registered historic property. There is a water front patio excellent for relaxing and watching the sunset or for swimming and snorkeling in the summer. The pool is set in a lush walled in garden area. There is a gate onto the Belmont Hills Golf Course. Breakfast is served in the dining room, in the garden or in your room if you prefer. Granaway has a central location in Warwick Parish and it is only a 5-10 minute walk to either the ferry or the bus. All rooms have a water view, cable TV and wireless access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Granaway Guest House & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Granaway Guest House & Cottages Hotel Warwick
- Granaway Guest House And Cottages
- Granaway Guest House & Cottages Bermuda/Warwick Parish