“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Granaway Guest House & Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warwick Parish
Granaway Guest House & Cottages
You added Granaway Guest House & Cottages to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Harbour Road | PO Box WK 533, WK BX, Bermuda   |
frank622
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

My wife and I went back to granaway after not having stayed there for five years. The guest house was just as we remembered. The owners carol and michael we so warm and friendly and of course the breakfast was terrific. I would highly recommend granaway to anyone looking for a pleasant restful stay in Bermuda. Frank OReilly Fairfield ct

• Stayed April 2012

Falls Church, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Everyone you interact with here is friendly, sweet and makes you feel very welcome. The house, view and location are stunning. The breakfast was quite special and there was great care taken with the preparation and the presentation. If you like charming old houses and appreciate gorgeous grounds, this is the place for you. We'll be back - with children next time!!

Room Tip: This is a b & b ! We were in the rose room, but I would think all the rooms would be lovely, as...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

We really enjoyed our week long stay at Granaway. Carol and Michael were wonderful hosts, and we found the accommodations very comfortable. The breakfast each morning was a great start to the day. The gardens and the house were lovely, it is located on a busy road, but I slept fine with my earplugs.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jenny F
Eagleville, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Granaway was built in 1734 and the owners have kept the original structure intact. Breakfast each morning was very good and varied thanks to Francisco's hard work. He was an enormous help for our entire stay. I gave the B&B 3 stars because the property is in need of a few updates and minor repairs--some fabric softener for the towels wouldn't hurt either. However, given the fact we paid half of what The Fairmount Southampton charges you can't expect a 5 star "resort". Also, this property is on a BUSY road; rent the cottage if you prefer quiet. The pool and gardens are wonderful to relax in with your favorite book, but be aware the owners live onsite and do have family that visits; so expect children. ***Allergy alert*** a dog and cat live onsite and have free range of the house, both are very friendly.

Room Tip: Request to stay in the cottage; it sits farther back and has it's own private terrace and view o...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SJStarkey
Hingham, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

I contacted the owner Carol Ashton in February for an Aouldpril vacation, I asked her several questions regarding what I was looking for and if location be able to accommodate our needs. I told her that I was traveling with my teenage daughter and myself. My concerns were we would be located near everything that we would sightsee, and the safety for us getting around, being two girls. Carol said they were very closely located to everything we would want to do that there are busses, Ferries, and taxis.
When we arrived Granaway guest houses were way out of the way, it was a $40.00 taxi ride and not located near anything. The house looked in shabby condition and not kept, kinda dirty. There were cat's and dog's running around the house, which she failed to mention. My daughter is highly allergic to cat's she get shots for it! I can't believe she would not disclose something like that. We needed to eat and Carol threw a map at us and told us to walk almost a mile to the bus around dangerous conners with no sidewalks. We made it to Hamilton finally after waiting a very long time for a bus. After getting lunch we waited another long time for a bus back, we were passed by several busses because Granaway is NOT on the bus route, when we finally got a bus to take us , they took us to another place called Granaway Heights?? Which we were left on the side of the road with no way of getting back. We were frantic to say the least. I knocked on some random door to ask for help, my daughter was tired and crying because there are no sidewalks and we were walking & walking not knowing where to go. This very nice person gave us a ride all the way back. I was so upset with Carol. The first thing out of Carols mouth was that she was not letting me out of the week. Carol is a deceptive person who was not honest on the other end of the phone because of wanting to rent her place. The house is run down and smells of mildew, beds are hard and the whole house is loud. We ended up leaving because I decided Carol Ashton was not going to bully me on my only week vacation. She kept a deposit she should not have kept. Very upsetting for our first visit to Bermuda. Don't make the same mistake I did. I spent a little more money to go to a resort but worth it. The resort never get's their guests lost & close to all attractions. Bermuda was beautiful but we went the wrong time. Another thing Carol said that April was perfect. After speaking to people who live there, they said no I would not have suggested that for you.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
15 Thank Emma L
waterloo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

We had the pleasure of staying at Granaway for 4 nights in Feb 2012, over Valentines week. Bermuda itself was very quiet and that was fine by us as we desparetly needed to recharge from our very hectic Canadian lives! Granaway was perfectly charming, and we were so impressed to have breakfast each morning on the sunny terrace in February no less! Beautiful china dishes and elegant glassware, plus fabulous coffee made breakfasting a great start to our day. We lingered on the terrace and then caught either the ferry or bus to wherever we chose to go on our daily outings! The hosts, Carol and Michael were very hospitable, and we just felt that they were "friends we hadn't met yet"! For us, it's critical that our bed is comfortable, and it was very much so. Lots of R&R at this special getaway on the harbour! We will be back again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alarandlinda
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

It would have been nice if they returned my emails and phone call this Summer to book a room for early September, even if they were booked solid. Especially since I paid over $5 just to leave a message of about 20 seconds.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
The Reefs
The Reefs
#2 of 3 in Southampton Parish
4.5 of 5 stars 856 reviews

Been to Granaway Guest House & Cottages? Share your experiences!