“King of the Hill” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunscape Bermuda

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warwick Parish
Sunscape Bermuda
Save Saved
You added Sunscape Bermuda to your Saves list
15 Lusher Hill East, WK 03, Bermuda   |
Jamaica, New York
“King of the Hill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I stayed in a bedroom at the hosts' Marilyn & Wendell house. The time was well spent and for the short period that I was there I enjoyed every minute. Beginning with the view from the bedroom's balcony, the great food, good hospitality and them Dark & Stormy drinks prepared by Wendell the accommodation was perfect and has most certainly ensured that I will return. I also had a great time at Marilyn's Glow Party in Hamilton, nice turnout, great crowd, great food and everyone had fun even when a fuse blew & left the DJ's with no electric for a minute. Next year I will try to coincide a trip with the party maybe even convince some friends to come along. My jaunts up and down the hill to the bus were easy as I was in no hurry to get anywhere and was able to enjoy the surroundings at leisure. All in all I was impressed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed in the two bedroom cottage / apartment. I’ll start off by saying that the owners / hosts of this property are extremely kind and accommodating. My friends and I went to Hamilton one night and one of us unfortunately left our ID at the cottage. The host’s son went out of his way and actually brought the ID to us down in Hamilton. If you need anything at all from a taxi or a phone call they will be sure to help you out.

Now back to the property: It is a gorgeous, well kept home with breath taking views of the island. Unfortunately, it is not very convenient for catching busses (it is a pretty intense walk up and down hill) so we ended up spending a lot of money on taxi fare. The beach is only about a 10 minute drive away though, so it is definitely ideal for those traveling by scooter.

Although we loved the hosts and property, I would not recommend this property if you are not traveling by scooter (unless you intend on taking taxis everywhere).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

What a stunning view over the bay there is from this B&B, we actually stayed in the two bedroom self contained apartment with its own bathroom, lounge and kitchen. Sitting out on the veranda for breakfast or an evening drink was just about the most relaxing thing I've ever done. The apartment has 3 double beds in two bedrooms so its ideal for friends or a family. The owner is just about the most pleasant and accomodating person I've ever met. She really just couldn't help enough and the genuine Bermudan breakfast she made us was awesome. Renting a Scooter is a good idea but on several occasions we walked for 10 minutes down to the sea and the Swizzle Inn for lunch. There is a beach nearby which is one of the most wonderfully secluded little beaches I've seen in my life.

If you want a big resort experience this isn't it. If you want to feel 'at home' in Bermuda then this is absolutely the place to stay.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

This was my first time at a bed and breakfast and I had my reservations. However, the Eve"s family were not only professional, but very friendly and accommodating. The evening view from my balconing was picturesque and relaxing. I would not hesitate to return or recommend them to my family and friends.

Room Tip: Contact them early.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

My time in Bermuda was amazing. A lot of that had to do with my stay at Sunscape. The hosts are extremely hospitable and recommended so many great things to do. The house is really clean and the balcony views are some of the best on the island. Although the house is up on a hill, I found renting a scooter to be easy, affordable, and a really practical way to get around. I thought having a scooter was a huge plus since it allowed me venture around the island and discover so many cool spots on my own. There is also a bus stand nearby and some of the best beaches are just 10 minutes away. If you are looking for a really practical and comfortable place to stay, this is it!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Mount Juliet, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

Sunscape is the perfect place to be in Bermuda. The view from our balcony was beautiful. The room was very well maintained, clean, and had everything you needed in it. Marilyn and Wendel are fantastic host and love to have people stay in the beautiful home. Whatever we needed, Marilyn and Wendel had it for us. My husband and I went on this trip together, but I am ready to book a girls trip to go back and hit the beaches.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

This "B&B" is really a room rental inside a residential house. The location is on a top of a steep and winding hill. It is a 15-20 minute walk down the hill; it is 20-25 minute walk up the hill. This property would be fine for a couple who rents a scooter. Otherwise, it is inconvenient for catching buses and taxis. Owners are pleasant. The owner buys a few pastries for you as the breakfast with coffee/tea available inside the room. Bathroom is not attached to the room. Air conditioner inside the room. There is also a balcony to enjoy the view. Good for an economical stay; if you have a larger budget, or desire a more convenient location if not renting a scooter, I would suggest elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Sunscape Bermuda? Share your experiences!