I cannot fully express how grateful I am to Marlie and Harry Powell for making Kingston House such a gracious and inviting place to spend a holiday.
As a child, my father's airline passes allowed us to visit my Bermudian grandparents once a year. Until I found Kingston House, I feared I could not afford a Bermudian holiday ever again. However, not only is this guesthouse affordable, it is also offers first-class hospitality and a welcoming environment. The owners are 'hands-on', and obviously work overtime to provide for every practical need.
I stayed in the Bird of Paradise room for the second time in two years; this time for seven nights, from June 25 to July 2. This room has a wonderfully comfortable adjustable bed for my chronic back issues. It also offers a balcony which overlooks a beautiful front garden. I actually got up early (on holiday!), just to sit on the balcony to enjoy the fresh, early morning sky, the vibrant colours, and the sounds of the birds.
As a single, Christian minister in his 60's, I enjoyed the quiet and solitude when I needed it, and the delightful company of several fellow guests in the evening, as we shared food and drink from our sections of the ample guest refrigerator, while relaxing next to the endless pool. Everyone enjoyed describing their adventures of the day.
When I returned my rented scooter on the day of departure, the walk back to Kingston House was only five minutes. What else can I say? Great location, great people, great holiday!
- Also Known As:
- Kingston House Hotel
- Kingston House Hotel Hamilton
- Kingston House Bed And Breakfast
- Kingston House B&B Bermuda/Hamilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kingston House B&B is conveniently located walking distance to Hamilton and all it's amenities. It has plenty of architectural character and charm as well as the modern conveniences travellers expect in a top hotel. Friendly hosts help you make the most of your time in Bermuda. ... more less