“Amazing Fish Sandwich” 5 of 5 stars

St. Monica's Mission, Hamilton, Bermuda
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 77 restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Caribbean
Description: They have arguable the best Fish Sandwiched in Bermuda.. the neighbourhood has a bad reputation but the food distinguishes all fears. This is a "must" listing for Bermuda.
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Amazing Fish Sandwich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We went to the one in St George and not Hamilton, but it's run by the same people.

Ordered a fish sandwich, chips and coleslaw to share. All tasted great, especially the fish sandwich, which was fantastic. Total cost was $18 with a soft drink.

Will be back sooner rather than later.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

95% Recommend
massachusetts
“The best sandwich ever.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

On our first night of our first trip to Bermuda, we wearily sat at a restaurant table and no one came to take our order so we got up and left. We hailed a cab and asked to be taken to Art Mels, which I had read about on TripAdvisor. He looked at us wide eyed and asked how we knew.
Knew what? That the most delicious sandwich available was about to be tasted? We don't know what Art Mel does to the fish, but it is amazing. Order it on raisin toast with coleslaw and tartar sauce. You will be very happy.
The owner, by the way, is an amazingly nice man who will sit and talk with you as if you are family.
Sounds like a pretty good combination- eat at Art Mels and enjoy!

Charlottesville, va
“It's true! The. Best. Fish. Sandwich. EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife daughter and I went to Art Mel's last night and carried dinner back to our hotel. This came highly recommended from a taxi driver. We figured we need to try this local joint and were highly rewarded. I had the sandwich on raisin bread with lettuce, tomato, cole slaw and hot sauce. The breading has a slight sweetness to it making it very tasty. My wife and daughter split a wheat bread with cole slaw and hot sauce on the side.

Art (i.e. Art Mel's) knew the taxi driver who suggested going there and he apparently quite enjoys their ginger bread. While we were waiting for our order Art brought out a sizable piece cut it into three chunks and we each tried one. It was excellent with the ginger providing a bit of a zing in each bit. Buy a piece and have it for dessert!

This is a "take away" only place. For a true Bermuda experience, eat at Art Mels

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cincinnati
“A taste you'll crave once home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I concur. We were in Bermuda in June. It's the best fish sandwich my husband and I have ever eaten in our lives. It's so good it doesn't even make sense! The blend of flavors on the raisin bread make it kind of savory and sweet. It is carry out, however.

• Visited June 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Best on the Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I only wish my mouth was bigger. No. literally. The fish sandwich is so big I couldn't get my mouth around it. A friend introduced me to Art Mel's. I will owe them forever. The fish sandwich and fries are as good as can be. This little carry out shop is clean, like all of Bermuda. Food is made to order so you might call ahead.

• Visited May 2013