“poor decision” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 22 Activities in Hamilton
Type: Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Rising Son II is Bermuda's fun day charter catamaran. A custom build designed to sail fast and stable to keep our guests comfortable and safe.The only catamaran with an upper deck sun lounge, tender, party system and completely MCA compliant, making her the safest tour boat on the island. ATTN Royal Caribbean Cruisers: Our tour has been named "The Ultimate Catamaran Sail and Snorkel" in their tour portfolio. You will not find the Rising Son II name, but rest assured, we will be the boat that you book. Rising Son II is owner operated and available for both private parties and group excursions. Most of our guests join us via the cruise lines. If you are coming to Bermuda aboard RCCL, NCL, of CCI than book us via your shore excursion desk. If you are aboard any other cruise line you make contact our booking office, but availability is limited. Hope to see you out with us on an excursion soon.Wishing You Smooth Seas, Beez Evans, Captain, Rising Son II
Marlboro, New Jersey
“poor decision”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I recently went to Bermuda on a celebrity cruise. I spent well over $300 for a family of four for this excursion called the Ultimate catamaran sail and snorkel. The date I was booked was 8/29/13 the weather was rain and very windy. The cruise ship told us if they decide to cancel the trip then we would get our money back. When my family and I went to the pier to see if it was canceled they said no. However they did refund money to one couple who did not book through Celebrity. On the sail out it started to pour rain and everyone was freezing and standing under the part of the catamaran that was covered. It was very windy and choppy and unenjoyable. Before we went out I questioned the staff and she told me the weather was beautiful??? I don't know any other planet she was living on except for give the staff a tip planet. It did stop raining and we went to the snorkeling spot which was not the spot we were supposed to go to. It was still nice but after 15 minutes it started to rain again and it got very cold. Everyone was under the catamaran because when the rain hit you it was way to cold. Everyone ended up getting back on board and we all stood under the covered part of the boat where they gave rum swizzles so we could all forget about how miserable this trip was. I think the owner of the ship made a very poor business decision. He was only concerned about his own pocket and not how expensive it was for everyone on board who paid greatly for a wonderful sunny sail . The right decision was to cancel this excursion. His idea of fun was to have everyone stand together under the canopy and drink rum swizzles to get out of the rain. Very bad decision on his part. I have been to Bermuda 3 times now and if you go it's worth the extra $$ to take the Restless Native Catamaran instead. I refused to tip the staff because of how they lied and said it was beautiful out. The whole idea of a catamaran is to have a smooth sail over the water not a windy rain out where you have to hide. I would never take this excursion again.

Hawthorne, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
“Fabulous Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We arrived in Bermuda for 3 days on board the Norwegian Breakaway. Although there were multiple catamaran snorkel trips available, Rising Son II seemed the most promising, and we were not disappointed. The crew was friendly and courteous, and we were treated to a tour of some of the majestic homes on the island while they told us of some of the history of Bermuda and the Bermuda Triangle, as well as stories about some of Bermuda's famous residents from an islander's perspective. We stopped at a very calm, quiet area to snorkel. The water was shallow with a very small beach area. There was not a great variety of fish to see at that location that day, but we enjoyed the snorkeling none the less. The catamaran was well maintained and handled skillfully, and the crew kept us entertained. There is no doubt that should I return to Bermuda I would sail with them again.

Visited June 2013
“Most fun we had in Bermuda(and the rest was great)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

So much fun! The crew took great care of us; they were very patient with my sometimes pain-in-the-neck 9 yr old daughter. Lots of "toys" on board including multiple SUPs. We loved it even though we dropped our camera into the water as we were leaving. Lost it 8/23/13 right under where we anchored. Look for it. It won't work, but it would be cool to find! Cool cave to explore. Loved it!

Watchung, New Jersey, United States
“The Rising Son soars to the sky!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

After landing in Bermuda on the Explorer of the Seas (RC), we had booked an excursion on The Rising Son Catamaran for snorkel and sail. The Captain and his 2 crewmates were more than helpful. Fortunately, we booked a 2pm, not in the morning and had only 24 members aboard. It was roomy and not crowded. Xander took the time to tell us all about the islands of Bermuda and the Captain gave us a tour within the "loop" while Xander took the time to explain everything you wanted to know about the island; people, who lived there, hurricane season, fish, you name it. We were then taken to a small area to snorkel within the caves and caverns, lie on the small beach, snorkel within the small coral reef, or just float on the paddle boards or kayaks provided. We were all treated to a rum swizzle and allowed to purchase 2 for $5, which was a bargain. I would definitely recommend an excursion on The Rising Son.

Kingston, Massachusetts
“Perfect Afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I just recently took this excursion with my family whilst visiting Bermuda on board the Norwejan Dawn. We had heard such great things about it on the ship as well as on trip advisor we had to try it out and we were not dissapointed, we had an amazing time! It is a three hour tour during which you a cahnce to snorkle, kayak, paddle board, sail, search for sea glass on a beautiful beach and of course enjoy the free Rum Swizzle drinks! The best part of this trip is crew, they were all extremely kind and helpful, you really got the feelig they all loved their jobs and truly loved helping people. Our guide "Zander" did an excellent job, his tour was full of great information about the island, entertaining personal stories, and lots of jokes, he had us lauging the whole ride out there. We would certainly recommend this excursion to anyone visting Bermuda, and would not hesitate to do it again!