I spent a few days here with my mother. Staff were helpful and responsive. The grounds are relaxing to hang in, the pool not as big as the photos on their website might suggest, but big enough to cool off in, if the need were there. This weekend in February it wasn't, with rain most of the first day, the hotel lent us a couple of fold-up umbrellas that we used while perusing the cafes and stores in Hamilton, a short walk away. They also found a way to dry my sandals that were thoroughly drenched. After that it was water shoes the next two days - and barely a spot of rain, with the sun coming through on the final day of a very short stay. All the same it was a relaxing weekend. Botanical gardens are a short cab or bus ride away and offer an excellent cafe beside the art gallery.
The hotel provided a decent breakfast with some variety included in the room rate. And Johnny introduced himself and helped me find some green tea for my morning brew. They also offer a complimentary wine hour at 5:30 to 6:30. Decent wines from Oyster Bay.
Our one recommendation I would have is that they provide better choice of decaf at breakfast and not just after 11 am when they bring out a pod-based machine. What was on offer was a coffee teabag which is as good as it sounds...Ideally, it would be great if expresso and decaf expresso with a bean such as illy were offered. Getting a good coffee on the island is a hit and miss event. The restaurant on the premises offers these when you eat there. (hmm, wonder if some arrangement could be made....just a thought.)
And as a final note, when we had a small issue with the safe unlocking, staff were responsive in a very timely way. The size of this hotel leads to helpful, friendly and accommodating service. Thank you again for a memorable stay.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Palms Hamilton
- Hotel Royal Palms
- Royal Palms Hotel Bermuda
- Royal Palms Hotel Bermuda/Hamilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The elegant Royal Palms Hotel, situated on a tree-lined lane near Hamilton, offers the best of Bermudian hospitality. This quintessential boutique hotel boasts a blend of Colonial and Bermudian architecture in a tranquil garden setting with coral-coloured walls, white shutters and a colonial wraparound porch with comfortable chairs for relaxing.You are graciously welcomed to one of two pink, 19th century manor houses, which are nestled in lush gardens where you may enjoy the sun from lawn chairs or take a dip in the secluded pool. Each of our 32 non smoking rooms is unique, with the same attention to detail extended to each one.Our friendly and professional staff take pleasure in providing personal service from restaurant reservations, to planning your day, to introductions at Bermuda’s world class golf courses. Just ten minutes from the nearest beach, Royal Palms is the perfect central location to access any island spot! Royal Palms is also home to one of the islands best fine dining restaurants, Ascots. There is also the more casual dining option of Just 24 serving dinner on Ascots enclosed patio in a lovely garden setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Venere and Otel so you can book your Royal Palms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.