“Clean, Convenient, and Comfortable Accommodations” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Edgehill Manor Guest House

Save Saved
You added Edgehill Manor Guest House to your Saves list
Edgehill Manor Guest House
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Rosemont Avenue | P.O. Box 1048, Hamilton, Bermuda   |
Offers & Announcements
$220 (USD)
Ranked #2 of 2 Hamilton B&B and Inns
Morristown, New Jersey
“Clean, Convenient, and Comfortable Accommodations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Edgehill Manor provides guests who are familiar with Bermuda a clean, convenient, and comfortable stay within blocks of downtown Hamilton. This year we have been to Bermuda three times. We recently decided to to switch from resort style accommodations to guest houses in order to escape the commercial style stays that many hotels offer. Edgehill Manor is easy to locate, tastefully decorated, and well kept. Communications with the staff prior to arrival was easy. Our questions were answered in a timely manner. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted and provided with information upon request. A small continental breakfast was offered each morning in the breakfast room and was included in the room charges. The bed was dressed in comfortable linens and provided quality pillows for sleeping. One thing to keep in mind when staying at Edgehill or any guest house is to pack some snacks or drinks for the evenings since the property does not offer some of the conveniences of a bar or in-house dining that commercial hotels do. Edgehill does however, provide small in-room refrigerators and microwaves. We would strongly consider staying at this property again in the future.

Room Tip: Cross reference what is available with the images on their website. The website accurately depicts t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

When we chose Edgehill Manor were looking for a bed and breakfast feel instead of a big hotel experience. We were not disappointed in the least bit. Every morning a beautiful breakfast was served that included freshly baked treats. Most mornings we ate our breakfast outside in the garden. It was a perfect way to start each day. The rooms were spacious and comfortable with nice size balconies to hang out and relax at the end of the day. We rented a scooter which made the trip perfect! You can get to anywhere in Bermuda in less than 1 hr! The owner and staff were gracious and helpful. We highly recommend Edgehill Manor if you want to stay in Hamilton and explore the island on scooter or bus. We will definitely return on our next visit to Bermuda.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I recently stayed for the second time at Edgehill Manor. Both times I've stayed in the main house. During my first stay over a year ago, there were renovations underway both indoors and and out. Even so, the owner, Mrs. Marshall was hospitable and made me and my colleague feel at home.

I'm glad I came back to see how everything turned out. This property is not a hotel or even an inn, it is a guest house. As such, one should not expect full service. Its kind of like staying at a friend's house while the friend is mostly away at work.

The renovations and furnishings are decidedly residential. The result is comfy but not stuffy or formal and definitely not modern or cutting edge.

The grounds are tidy and well groomed. There is a pool which is a nice amenity for a property this size. Upper rooms have an ocean view. There is free wifi and each room has a good size flat screen tv with cable as well as fridge and microwave. All rooms have a balcony or patio. There are other comparable similarly priced properties in Bermuda that do not have these amenities. There are some rooms with kitchens or kitchenettes but I haven't stayed in them. There is newer building but I haven't stayed in it either.

The property is perched at the top of Rosemont Avenue. It can be busy in the mornings and afternoons with people going to work and back but in the evenings it's very quiet. I'm in average shape and have no trouble walking to Miles Market or the restaurants near Front Street and back.

Though I travel often to Bermuda on business with a colleague, I would bring my wife to Edgehill
Manor for several days. If you're a high maintenance traveler or want a dream vacation experience, this is not the place for you. If you want to relax in a clean, comfortable home stay here.

Room Tip: Ask if an upstairs room is available for an ocean view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

My family and I visited bermuda in April this year and enjoyed a great week staying at Edgehill Manor. The family room was perfect for us. Our two boys (8 and 11) were made to feel especially welcome. The pool was very popular with the boys and we were lucky with great weather most days. Edgehill is a short walk from town and we also made good use of the excellent Island bus service. You certainly get a feel of the relaxed Island life just by observing the friendly drivers interacting with all the passengers. We found several good restaurants on front street in Hamilton which had great views of the harbour. Eating out is not cheap but we soon found some good value restaurants and always enjoyed good quality food. Edgehill was very clean and in excellent decorative repair. Compared to most accomodation we considered, Edgehill is great value and we would certainly stay there again if we return to Bermuda. The staff and Proprieter were very friendly and gave us lots of great advise for sight seeing and beaches. Although it is a few miles from the beaches on South shore, we prefered the location of Edgehill being nearer the town. The buses were always on time and we also enjoyed hiring mopeds for a few days. Luckily we are use to driving on the left!! All in all a great place to stay and we would recomend Edgehill Manor, whole heartedly.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Edgehill Manor Guest House, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
We at Edgehill Manor are so happy that you and your family had a wonderful time here and in Bermuda. Thank you for your wonderful comments. It is so important that we do our best to make our guests feel at home and most welcomed. Tricia
Southeast Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

I think it was not the label of B & B that helped the fact sink in. It was the relatively tiny size of the property, live on property staff of two, and no lobby upon arrival, that set my expectations where they belonged. My history is of hotels, resorts, and properties starting at no less than 50 rooms, mostly in the 200 or larger size. Now, faced with a property of 15 or less rooms, a small breakfast room in the main house that housed 3 small tables for the guests, and a breakfast that was decidedly continental in nature, I reset my expectations and opened my eyes. Forget a lobby, check in desk, exercise room, gift shop, common area other than the above mentioned small breakfast nook. It was a room to sleep in and a breakfast each morning. Moving beyond that was the extraordinary service by a staff of three; Dora and Marivic were staff and Bridget Marshall was the proprietor. Together, they watched over your room, made breakfast each day, and were available by phone after 4pm each day if needed. After 4, you are aloneeeee. The property is indeed on the edge of a hill. It is two buildings, a nice shade of green and white trim, at the top of a quarter mile sloping road. The Old building is charming wooden construction, creaking stairways, and comfortable rooms. I was housed for a day on my first visit in the oldest room, which threatened my view with the shortcomings of it's age and size, however it's renovation was undertaken just after I left. My next visit was to the new building, solid stone, new large rooms, french doors and a view North of the island that was tremendous. Cautionary note; The winds are island winds, and they howl and thunder when a storm passes. The doors shake and the buildings moan. But the buildings are solid so no worries. Location wise, I hit two dots as there is zilch, zippo, nada conveniences around the property. It's located at the edge and top of a hill, and surrounded by houses. It's a good 15 minute walk to the Miles Market nearby. Beware the Miles Market when using Credit Card. I visited them three times and three times they happily double charged my card, which is now being rectified by the CC company. I hate fraud, which this smacks of. That aside, it's a nice boutique market with variety and it's the nearest to the Edgehill. You will most likely walk everywhere from the B&B, as taxi's are scarce, inconvenient to summon, and expensive to boot. Walking is dangerous from the B&B as sidewalks don't exist in that area, and the roads are sided by steep stone walls. They drive fast, drive on the left (Former British colony), and barely swerve to not hit you as they zoom by. But as the nearest restaurant is downtown, you will be walking a lot for Lunch and Dinner. Did I not say forget restaurants at the B&B too? Some rooms have a kitchenette, and that's a good way to economize, as food is outlandishly expensive on island (Common theme here). When that howling wind kicks up over 40 - 50 knots, the one land bridge to the St. George parish and the only airport is closed, due to a general desire to not have citizens and tourists wash into the harbour and drown again as happenned once in the past. No one road = no airport either, as the planes from the mainland wont fly in that weather. Pack a few extra days of clothes in your bags for that contingency. One item that the wind brings is fresh ocean air. You can't and don't want to escape it. It's clean, constantly renewing, and at the end of the day, you sleep well from it. As it's an island, there are bugs. I saw a rat, ants, and a few mosquitos. That was in 50 degree weather. When it hits 90, the tropics are in full bloom. I left the island with a set of mysterious bites on my nether end. I don't want to think that they came from the room's bed, but am drawing a blank where else they could come from. One amazing thing about Bermuda, from the airport, to the B & B, to everyone I met on island; They are all happy to be there. I didn't see a stressed face the week I was there.Even the homeless people were relaxed. Criminey, the island life is seriously laid back . Summary on the Edgehill Manor - It's not a great location, has great service, few amenities of a full service hotel, is isolated after 4pm when the staff of 2 locks up, and in a supremely quiet area, other than the cars and scooters that occasionally buzz by honking as they approach the blind curves. I would stay there again but would not bring my elderly mother there. Did I also mention it isn't handicap-friendly?

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
, Manager at Edgehill Manor Guest House, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Although, more than 2 years have passed since this view was posted (Edgehill has just started to utilize online technology), I wish to thank you for your perspective. Overall, a positive review with some negatives highlighted. The photographs of the pool and unmade bed would give a poor image. The pool is vacuumed and cleaned regularly and our wonderful staff thoroughly clean and make up the rooms daily. We have had many reviews although not all written up on Trip Advisor to say that the location of Edgehill is ideal because it is so close to Downtown Hamilton and a short bus, moped, or taxi ride to our fantastic pink beaches on the south shore.
Regarding the amenities, we do offer a laundry service at a value that is very fair, there is a vending machine located near the pool to buy soft drinks, and we provide a complimentary home baked breakfast that includes eggs, cereals and fresh pastries. All of our rooms are well equipped with fridges, microwaves, TV and wireless internet and much more. Some rooms have been renovated since 2010 and include full kitchens. We definately, do not fall into the Hotel category, but we are a unique B & B that is full of charm and character. A place to call home!. Yes! Like a quaint English Manor sitting majestically on the brow of a hill in Beautiful Bermuda. Tricia
ridgewood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

We stayed with our three children and their significant others for 4 nights, comfly beds clean bathrooms . Walk to Hamilton 2 mins. Staff and owner were very helpful and even offered to drive us to a restaurant one night! We plan to visit again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Richmond, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2006

We stayed in the only family room at Edgehill to accommodate myself, my wife, 14 year old daughter and 8 year old son. Stayed for 3 very nice nights of our 7 night stay in Bermuda (stayed at the Sandpiper for the other 4 nights). The staff and Mrs. Marshall could not be more pleasant and helpful, making us fell right at home as soon as we arrived. Beautiful pool for the kids to swim. The room itself was a little small for 4 people but was furnished nicely with a TV, large bed, and a day bed with a pullout underneath. Breakfast was simple; coffee, juice, and homemade breads. Soft-boiled eggs were also provided. All rooms have walk out terraces (like ours) or balconies overlooking the pool and/or the neighborhood. Edgehill is located about a 10 minute walk from downtown, in a very nice neighborhood of Hamilton, the capital, that was a pleasant walk that we made many times. Lots of shopping in Hamilton We ate at several nice but expesive restraunts; there are no cheap eats in Bermuda. Just expect to spend $20-$25 per person even for a modest lunch. Monty's was by far the best value and if it was up to me, I would have eaten every meal there. We even went to a movie on the one rainy day, the Little Theature where everyone seemed to know everyone. The only thing that would make Edgehill perfect would be for the bus to run near it. You must walk to downtown Hamilton to catch the bus or the ferry, about 10 minutes. We rented scooters one day which solved that problem. However, if you don't have a scooter, taxis are very expensive (much like the rest of Bermuda). Edgehill is probably better for a couple than a family. However, we enjoyed it very much and felt we were able to obtain a good sense of the Hamilton community that we would not have had staying at a hotel. Also note that is you plan to go to the South Shore beaches, you will need to walk to the bus and then take about a 15 minute ride, rent a scooter, or take a $15 taxi ride. The North Shore beaches are fine but nothing compared to South Shore. My advice if you are staying at Edgehill: rent a scooter the whole time. They are easy to drive and really fun, especially for the kids who rode on the back. Just make sure to stay on your left!

• Stayed June 2006

Been to Edgehill Manor Guest House? Share your experiences!