We had a harbour view balcony room in the main building last week. Weather was not the best so we only had a couple of occasions when we could actually enjoy the balcony; but the view was pleasant and it was nice to let in the fresh air. The room was large, comfortable and clean and meet our needs fully. Given the less than ideal weather we were happy to be located in Hamilton where we could walk into town for meals, shopping, and visiting some attractions. Also handy to the ferry terminal and bus. We took the hotel ferry over to the Southampton property one day (it was cancelled the other days due to high winds).
Service was impeccable but also warm and friendly which is a difficult combination to achieve. The doormen, servers and housekeeping staff in particular were confident and competent and made you feel like a welcome guest. The younger staff on the reception desk were also well trained and efficient. The hotel itself is a beautiful property and the interior is reminiscent of traditional downtown hotels like the Waldorf and Royal York, while having resort style pools and harbour front access as well. Too bad it was not warm enough this time for us to use them.
Price seemed high for off season but perhaps we could have done a better job picking out a time to go that fit into some of their special offers. I find the Fairmont reservatons website difficult and tedious to use when you are comparing all the various offers - every time you want to look at a different pricing program you have to go all the way in and all the way out of several screens before you see all the price choices you may have. It's not an easy or fun experience and definitely less user friendly than many other chains.
If you are going to Bermuda to experience the culture and local attractions of this friendly and beautiful island then the Princess is a good choice, especially for your first visit as this was for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the stunning blue waters of the breathtaking harbor, The Fairmont Hamilton Princess hotel offers everything you could possibly need to make your vacation a truly memorable experience. Our stunning Bermuda resort is steps from Downtown Hamilton and conveniently located near shopping boutiques, restaurants and nightlife.The Hotel offers both a Saltwater and a Freshwater pool, a complimentary ferry over to our private Fairmont Beach Club in Southampton.The Fairmont Hamilton Princess Bermuda hotel features well-appointed guest rooms, many with harbour views, private balconies and marble bathrooms. For unsurpassed luxury and service reserve a room on Fairmont Gold, a luxury lifestyle offering that pampers guests with its dedicated concierge, complimentary continental breakfast, afternoon tea and evening canapés served daily in a private lounge.For business or special events, groups of all sizes can enjoy the resort's multiple indoor and outdoor venues—30,000-square-feet of elegant reception areas and meeting rooms providing picturesque backdrops for unique gatherings, corporate functions and tropical weddings.Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, Bermuda is perfect for getaways year-round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Fairmont Hamilton Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Hamilton Princess Hotel Hamilton
- Hamilton Fairmont
- The Fairmont Hamilton Princess Bermuda