We stayed in this hotel in May 2012. We first received a good size room with parking view but it had only shower. We had told hotel that we need bath as we have a toddler so they upgraded us at no cost to a one bedroom ocean view, which was nicer.
- walking distance to the city of Hamilton
- walking distance to restaurants, grocery store, public ferry and bus routes
- shuttle ferry to the Southampton Fairmont
- heated pool (only one is heated and it wasn't hot enough in May to use the other pool)
- planned activities such as grill night in restaurant, the Friday drink and bbq, etc
- Actual hotel staff (not restaurants) were very nice, friendly and accommodating (specially the door men who made us laugh every time and danced with my toddler to make her happy!)
- nice gym
- hotel rooms are clean and comfy but see the comment below about the rooms
- I DON’t recommend this hotel for families especially with young kids. The hotel is not designed to cater to this kind of people. We had multiple concerns and talked to the hotel manager, who plainly agreed with us and said that we should have booked Fairmont Southampton for kids not this hotel!! So beware!
- The biggest con for us was that this hotel FEELS like a business hotel and most of the clientele were either business men or older couples. We were a family with toddler and this is not really a hotel for kids. We both travel LOTS for work to business hotels and found the ambient to be very similar to work not allowing us to relax and kick in the vacation mood. General hotel people were friendly to our toddler but the restaurant manager was NOT! He was an Indian looking guy and way too concerned about her for other guests and three times that we showed up for breakfast and dinner, he hid us in a corner not moving our table after our request and brought non-sense excuses. We didn't like their attitude as our child is really well behaved and goes to fancy quiet restaurant with us every week and she never misbehaves so this was not at all necessary. As such we didn't go for breakfast dinners anymore and then had difficult time finding good breakfast alternatives around.
- very far from nice beaches in Bermuda - yes you can take the shuttle to Southampton but we found it not an acceptable alternative to being close to a beach due to reasons explained below
- First when we heard that there is a free shuttle we thought this is excellent as we can be close to the city and then go to the beach when we need to. But in reality, the shuttle times were annoying. You would have to get up early and rush rush to make the last morning shuttle. From the other side you couldn't enjoy the afternoon beach for long as you had to rush back to catch the last shuttle. Then the shuttle ride was long and became a drag with a kid as most times the shuttle was full and we had to stand for 40 mins!!! Really, if you like to be close to the beach, this is not a good alternative.
- although the rooms were nice enough and comfy, they weren’t anything luxurious. We had terrible rain and during that time the carpet close to windows got terribly wet as the windows were leaking and our small balcony facing the ocean had a big puddle of rain water, which never cleared during our stay so we couldn’t use the balcony even two days after the rain! The was a dent in the balcony floor and deep enough to keep the water. The rooms were a bit dated (specially the mattress in our room!) and in my view need an updating as this hotel is not cheap!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the stunning blue waters of the breathtaking harbor, The Fairmont Hamilton Princess hotel offers everything you could possibly need to make your vacation a truly memorable experience. Our stunning Bermuda resort is steps from Downtown Hamilton and conveniently located near shopping boutiques, restaurants and nightlife.The Hotel offers both a Saltwater and a Freshwater pool, a complimentary ferry over to our private Fairmont Beach Club in Southampton.The Fairmont Hamilton Princess Bermuda hotel features well-appointed guest rooms, many with harbour views, private balconies and marble bathrooms. For unsurpassed luxury and service reserve a room on Fairmont Gold, a luxury lifestyle offering that pampers guests with its dedicated concierge, complimentary continental breakfast, afternoon tea and evening canapés served daily in a private lounge.For business or special events, groups of all sizes can enjoy the resort's multiple indoor and outdoor venues—30,000-square-feet of elegant reception areas and meeting rooms providing picturesque backdrops for unique gatherings, corporate functions and tropical weddings.Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, Bermuda is perfect for getaways year-round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, HotelsClick, Odigeo, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your The Fairmont Hamilton Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Hamilton Princess Hotel Hamilton
- Hamilton Fairmont
- The Fairmont Hamilton Princess Bermuda