We spent the Xmas weekend at the Fairmont Hamitlon in Bermuda. I REALLY wanted to rate this hotel 5 stars. Let me first explain what I loved about it:
Excellent Service - the staff was extremely courteous and professional
Location Location Location - perfectly situated in the heart of Hamilton, literally a 5 minute walk to all the shops and restaurants downtown
Cleanliness - the hotel was kept up very well
Now, the reason I couldn't give this an 'excellent/5 star rating' is because the walls are extremely thin. We could hear everything going on in the adjacent rooms, as well as noise from the hallway, making sleeping conditions rather difficult. We were in the Bermudian wing, which is the newly renovated wing. It seems that when the wing was constructed, they didn't use soundproof material or whatever the standard is for hotels to block out noise and sound.
Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel if you're visiting Bermuda. However, I would caution the noise from the room.
If you find this post helpful, please indicate so :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the stunning blue waters of the breathtaking harbor, Hamilton Princess & Beach Club, a Fairmont Managed Hotel, offers everything you could possibly need to make your vacation a truly memorable experience. Our stunning Bermuda resort is steps from Downtown Hamilton and conveniently located near shopping boutiques, restaurants, exciting nightlife, and a twenty minute shuttle ride to the new private Princess Beach Club on South Beaches.The Hotel also offers both a Saltwater and a Freshwater pool. Hamilton Princess & Beach Club features well-appointed guest rooms, many with harbour views, private balconies and marble bathrooms. For unsurpassed luxury and service reserve a room on Fairmont Gold, a luxury lifestyle offering that pampers guests with its dedicated concierge, complimentary continental breakfast, afternoon tea and evening canapes served daily in a private lounge. For business or special events, groups of all sizes can enjoy the resort's multiple indoor and outdoor venues-30,000-square-feet of elegant reception areas and meeting rooms providing picturesque backdrops for unique gatherings, corporate functions and tropical weddings. Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, Bermuda is perfect for getaways year-round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Otel, Orbitz, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Hamilton Princess & Beach Club, a Fairmont Managed Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Hamilton Princess Hotel Hamilton
- Hamilton Fairmont
- Hamilton Princess & Beach Club, a Fairmont Managed Hotel Bermuda