There are a lot of nice things about this hotel. It's in a nice location, and it's not a bad place to stay. But given my expectations of, and experience with, the Fairmont brand, as well as the rates charged by this hotel, I can only give it a three-star review.
First, the service. I gave up on most calls to the front desk because they went unanswered after ringing for at least a minute. And when requested, service was slow to come; after I asked to be moved to another room (see comments below) I was cheerfully told that someone was on his way to help me, but it took 45 minutes, and three more calls, before a bellhop arrived to take me to a new room
Second, the rooms. A mixed lot. I was first given (if I'm remembering correctly) room 039, and was quite surprised at how much I could hear from the room next door--from light conversation to suitcase zippers to the flush of the toilet. I was moved to another room upstairs, which was far quieter because it didn't have a door connecting it to the next room, and it was also closer to the water, but had a sink that didn't drain well.
In both rooms, the A/C shut off automatically, which was very annoying if you depend on the sound of the fan to fall asleep. There doesn't appear to be a way to simply run the fan by itself.
The charge for wi-fi is $13.95 per day, which really isn't excusable in a luxury hotel.
Minor point: the shower controls are unmarked and unintuitive, so it takes some trial and error to figure out how to set the water temperature, which isn't something you really want to be doing before your first cup of coffee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the stunning blue waters of the breathtaking harbor, The Fairmont Hamilton Princess hotel offers everything you could possibly need to make your vacation a truly memorable experience. Our stunning Bermuda resort is steps from Downtown Hamilton and conveniently located near shopping boutiques, restaurants and nightlife.The Hotel offers both a Saltwater and a Freshwater pool, a complimentary ferry over to our private Fairmont Beach Club in Southampton.The Fairmont Hamilton Princess Bermuda hotel features well-appointed guest rooms, many with harbour views, private balconies and marble bathrooms. For unsurpassed luxury and service reserve a room on Fairmont Gold, a luxury lifestyle offering that pampers guests with its dedicated concierge, complimentary continental breakfast, afternoon tea and evening canapés served daily in a private lounge.For business or special events, groups of all sizes can enjoy the resort's multiple indoor and outdoor venues—30,000-square-feet of elegant reception areas and meeting rooms providing picturesque backdrops for unique gatherings, corporate functions and tropical weddings.Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, Bermuda is perfect for getaways year-round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Fairmont Hamilton Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Hamilton Princess Hotel Hamilton
- Hamilton Fairmont
- The Fairmont Hamilton Princess Bermuda