I am NOT a fan of the large hotel nor of Fairmonts in general. But I will be returning to the Hamilton Princess. We booked the Hamilton Princess because of the price. But every single member of the staff went out of their way to see that things went smoothly. Even though we officially had a non-cancelable reservation, when Hurricane Sandy prevented a timely arrival, our changed arrangements were handled calmly and very fairly. We had a delivery not show up, the staff took the problem in hand. We splurged on one meal in the restaurant. The service was fabulous (food too.)
The location is great. You can safely walk (not all Bermuda roads have sidewalks or even berms) to many restaurants and other Hamilton locations. The bus stop and ferry terminal are not far.
Our room was on the fifth floor of the main building with a very nice balcony. View of the harbor. Only downside of these rooms were the acoustics. You could hear every word on the patio below, we were not able to sleep with the door open even though the nights were mild.
Air conditioning was great. The fan ran constantly, (and relatively quietly) so we got good sleep.
Room was a bit shabby, but clean and just fine for the price. We will go back.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Hamilton Princess Hotel
- The Fairmont Hamilton Princess Hotel Hamilton
- Fairmont Hamilton
- Fairmont Hamilton Princess
- Hamilton Fairmont
- The Fairmont Hamilton Princess Bermuda
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the stunning blue waters of the breathtaking harbor, The Fairmont Hamilton Princess hotel offers everything you could possibly need to make your vacation a truly memorable experience. Our stunning Bermuda resort is steps from Downtown Hamilton and conveniently located near shopping boutiques, restaurants and nightlife.The Hotel offers both a Saltwater and a Freshwater pool, a complimentary ferry over to our private Fairmont Beach Club in Southampton.The Fairmont Hamilton Princess Bermuda hotel features well-appointed guest rooms, many with harbour views, private balconies and marble bathrooms. For unsurpassed luxury and service reserve a room on Fairmont Gold, a luxury lifestyle offering that pampers guests with its dedicated concierge, complimentary continental breakfast, afternoon tea and evening canapés served daily in a private lounge.For business or special events, groups of all sizes can enjoy the resort's multiple indoor and outdoor venues—30,000-square-feet of elegant reception areas and meeting rooms providing picturesque backdrops for unique gatherings, corporate functions and tropical weddings.Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, Bermuda is perfect for getaways year-round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Fairmont Hamilton Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.