“Tojour !” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 85 Restaurants in Hamilton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Hill View, Warwick, Bermuda
“Tojour !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

My husband and I recently been back to Bolero , after nearly 2 years . We got so caught up in our favourite summer beach restaurants - hence the fact that we decided this winter to dine more at restaurants that we have not been , in Bermuda.
We absolutely loved the experience at Bolero! From the moment we walked up the stairs we could hear the hustle and bustle of the restaurant . Gorgeous background chatter combined with the soundd of wine and the excellent food running past you .
We had a quick drink at the bar as I was in the mood to sit down and relax.
It is lovely when a waiter remembers that you like escargot's and foi grasses.
Having said that , I do love the cooking techniques of the French!
Crusty French bread , gorgeous Ice cold white wine and quick service from the waiters ensured a atmosphere of tojour dining !
I had the escargot, smothered in garlic and butter ...oooh it is soo good ..It is a must to try! my husband had the salad and it looked incredible .
Maincourse was the posh poutin and steak for my husband , well back truggle and parmesan fires tasted devine as well as my green peas- fresh and tasty ...
I loved the atmosphere , the people , many I have not seen in ages and it was just such a lovely evening .
I had a quick look at the wine menu and it was a really good selection.
My husband had a gorgeous chocolate dessert and I finished my dinner with a strong double espresso ..
Good food .
Excellent and superior service !!
Great menu !
Must go back infact we booked again for the 21st of December -
Lovely lovely staff and have a peel of the kitchen when you go to the restrooms ... I would kill for a chef's table in that kitchen !

• Visited December 2013

Centennial, Colorado
“Sleazy Additional Charges - Good Food, BUT we won't go back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Good food can be found in this restaurant, BUT BEWARE OF THE SLEAZY UPSELL TRICKS. $5 FOR A 2ND BASKET OF BREAD AND $7 FOR STILL WATER. The young red headed SA only offered sparking or still water. We said "just regular water" and he pours H2o at the table from an already opened clear bottle. $7 charge on check for the water. Bread appeared to start, 3 small slices. After our salad a server asked if we would like more bread with no mention that it would cost more. 5 thin slices arrive, and so does a $5 charge for extra bread on the check. A server two tables away brought bread to a deuce of regulars/friends and they get a full basket of bread when seated. No cruise ship was in town tonight, so you shouldn't assume every party you don't know is a one-time visit tourist that will never be back. Guess what, we visit the island regularly and we won't be back. Not very busy at 7:3opm, this could be a reason why, Jonny Roberts, maybe you should revisit your pricing/theft strategies. You are already at a disadvantage being off Front Street down an alley way This does not reflect your mission statement in your About Bolero web site tab where you write: Our food is REALISTICALLY PRICED, good, HONEST, and unpretentious. Shame on you and your team that is supposed to "work with you", not for you. p.s. waited forever for the check while our server was out on the patio chatting with co=workers. Server 15 Sunshine

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
JonnyRoberts, Owner at Bolero Brasserie, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Hello Mark B,

A strong worded review indeed.
There is nothing sleazy about my business nor do we play tricks. If you had read our menu properly you would have seen that we clearly state the charge for extra bread.
Charging $7 for a bottle of water is nothing unusual in Bermuda, being a regular visitor here like you claim, you would know this.
If the water was wrong then why didn't you tell the server not to pour from the bottle and request the ‘regular’ water again? Or inform my manager?
If you don’t like thin slices of bread ( which they are not) why didn't you inform the server you prefer thicker slices of bread, he would have changed it( at no extra cost). Or again, you had a chance to inform my manager.
We do not differentiate nor prioritize our customers. Your comment about a cruise ship not being in is absolutely ludicrous. All our customers are considered equal and precious. If you were a regular visitor you would also know that cruise ships rarely come to Hamilton anymore.
My manager remembers your table and you made no mention to him in person about the bill, you just scribbled something on the check.
You were in Bolero last night (Tuesday), just because it wasn't busy at 7.30pm doesn’t mean we weren't busy. We ended up being almost full. Very few restaurants in Bermuda at this time of year can say this for a Tuesday night.
You say I have a disadvantage being off Front street and down an alley way. I quite simply DON’T. Bolero’s patio overlooks Front street and my address is 95 Front street . The entrance just happens to be down a short alley way.
Criticizing my location is beyond pathetic.
Calling me a thief is very strong language which I don’t take lightly. For that, I am happy you will not patronize my establishment again.
As to the server not paying attention when you waited for your check; well, that has been dealt with. Thank you.
I was in the kitchen as I am everyday and nothing was communicated to me that you were unhappy. We could have fixed your woes within minutes.
Its people like you who don’t speak out at the time and in person but choose to hide and write anonymously that can’t be helped.
For the record, Bolero still operates by my mission statement.
I suggest when visiting Bermuda in the future you dine at ‘cheap’ establishments that are struggling and that offer deals to lure in customers like your self.
Glad you enjoyed the food.
Jonny Roberts
Chef/Owner
Bolero
“Fantastic food, fantastic service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have been to Bermuda on holiday a few times and for each visit we always make time to eat at Bolero. We have found this to be one of the best restaurants on the island. The food is excellent matched by the service of the efficient and friendly staff The menu is exciting and it's always difficult to make a choice as there are so many lovely things to choose from. I had the pork cheek confit with candied bacon and crystallised ginger to start which I had never tried before and it was delicious. I would recommend that anyone visiting Bermuda should go to Bolero, you won't be disappointed.!

rochester
“Very Good Food, lively atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Puddings are the highlight, but all courses were extremely good with helpful service and a good atmosphere. Would recommend.

Rockville Centre, New York
“Best meal in Bermuda - wish this was in NYC.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I just came back from a cruise to Bermuda (9/29/13 - 10/6/13) and met a friend staying in Bermuda for dinner at Bolero, and boy are we glad we did! We had looked at the menu before leaving and were already anticipating a great meal, but we were pleasantly suprised to say it was one of the best meals we have ever had out and we live in New York! All of our choices, from salad to seafood to steak were delicious and so falvorful. We ordered sides of the Avocado Fries (to die for and we are still talking about them a week later) and even the sauteed spinach was the best I've ever had. For dessert, I had the Honeycomb strawberry mess (perfection), my boyfriend got the Chocolate Fudge (heaven). The only disspointment was the strawberries and clotted cream (the strawberries were not ripe enough for that type of dessert) but that is certainly nit-picking. The service is excellent - friendly and warm and always attentive without being overbearing. As for cost - it's a little pricey but on target with other fine dining restaurants in Bermuda. however, it is worth every penny and a wonderful break from the lousy cruise food. My only wish is that there was a Bolero in NYC.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere