“Hard to find, but you must. It was so... good!” 5 of 5 stars

441 297 6231
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 81 Restaurants in Hamilton
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Quaint little restaurant ,serving unique and inspiring cuisine.
Rochester, NY
“Hard to find, but you must. It was so... good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I had a special with shrimp and stir fried vegetables for lunch. It was outstanding. It is hard to cook shrimp just right and it was. We are so used to it being overcooked, that most of us don't even know what it should taste like and what that texture is. Even though I previously rated another restaurant in Bermuda as my favorite, we went to this restaurant on our last day there. This is by far my favorite restaurant in Bermuda.
As far as where it is. We walked by it 2 or 3 times on our way to the center of the city from our hotel and did not see it. It is in a Mariner's building, that is still being used by the Mariner's organization. It is a white building set back from the road with parking in front. There are signs on a white post that say "private" etc. that make you think it is off limits. The Mad Hatter logo appears on one of these white posts, but it is very hard to read. I am attaching a picture of the sign.
Also, it is a very small restaurant. I think the waiter said they had 8 tables inside. The outside eating is nice. There were no tables available so they gave us a table on the open porch. Make reservations if you can or go early. Lunch is until 2, dinner at 6 and they are closed on Sunday.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bridgeport, Connecticut
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Given that it was highest rated in Hamilton, My expectations were high . . . and they were met. The waiter went through a long list of specials among which was soft shell crabs as an appetizer. I asked if I could order it as a meal and he said no problem. My wife ordered the beef tenderloin. Everything was excellent. The wine (I ordered a Pinot Grigio by the glass) was also excellent and I asked what brand it was so I might purchase it at home and they brought the bottle to the table. The bill came out to around $150 for the two of us, including tip. One other thing, this was the only restaurant in Bermuda that we went to (we were here for 5 days) that did not automatically include the tip on the bill. Excellent food, friendly service. I would highly recommend the Mad Hatter to anyone coming to Bermuda.

Visited May 2014
St. George, Bermuda
“Excellent Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

By far one of the best meals I have had in a long time. The food preparation is fantastic. The quality of the products, the presentation and boy does it taste good. The service is wonderful - Mark and his team get it right all of the time. I had the duck breast; it was excellent. Tender and well flavoured, cooked just perfectly. I would go back as often as my budget allowed, which is only occasionally. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mississauga
“And they said you don't go to Bermuda for good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

We came here for our 40th Anniversary- from Toronto. I have to say dinner was as good or better than anything we can get at home. Service was excellent, food was marvelous, price was comparable to a first class restaurant in the big city. Make reservations- early.

Visited May 2014
Washington DC Metro Area
“Lots of fun. Superb food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

This restaurant is a "find". A top-notch chef, a friendly owner / host, and hats of all kinds to try on. The owner told us the very amusing stories of the hats that patrons added to the collection. This was one of our best dinners in Bermuda..

Visited December 2013