We were lucky enough to spend a delightful week here. The complex was very pretty and well tended, staff were quietly industrious around the site and would always say 'Good Morning' to all the guests.
The weather was temperamental but that was because we were unfortunate enough to arrive just as a hurricane struck but it did not prevent us enjoying ourselves, and the staff were very attentive...we had a phone call from John Kyle, letting us know that Griffins restaurant were putting on a special 'Hurricane Dinner' and also checking that we were happy and well stocked with provisions just in case! We were also invited to a welcome party with drinks etc and that was a nice touch.
We had an amazing dinner at Griffins, staff were attentive and the food was excellent quality.
The cottage was lovely, and we really liked the layout, the sunken bath with views over the pool so you could relax with a glass of wine in a bubble bath, a real treat.
Well equipped, the only thing missing was a kettle but as we were out and about a lot and didnt really require one we didnt bother to request one... I feel sure that the staff would have found one for us if we had asked, so no complaint.
Yes, St George's IS on a hill.... but this affords you some spectacular views (especially from the restaurant). We took advantage of the free shuttle bus to Achilles bay, the driver was super, very knowledgeable and helpful.
Such a shame the golf course is not useable, but it is still a lovely place to walk and the sunset views are just breath taking. We had a nice meal at the Beach House, great ambience and romantic setting with those incredible panoramic views!
Bermudian buses are fabulous and so easy to use ( we weren't quite brave enough for scooters!)
Would we go again? Yes! Would we stay at St George's Club? Yes, definitely!
- Also Known As:
- The St. George`s Club Hotel
- The St. George`s Club Hotel St. George
- St Georges Club Bermuda
- St George Club Bermuda
- St Georges Club
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the World Heritage Site of the old town harbour is The St. George’s Club. An enclave of vacation/ownership cottages, The Club boasts three swimming pools, three tennis courts (two with lighting), fitness centre and scooter rental. We have two restaurants on property Griffin's Bistro and Bar in the main Clubhouse and five (5) minutes away on the across the bordering golf course is our secluded beach facility The Beach House, our restaurant and bar which boasts a great menu and good wine with one of the best views of the sunset on the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The St. George's Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.