“Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 17 Restaurants in St. George
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: This is not my restaurant, I'm just trying to post a review of it
Bermuda
“Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Locate in St. Georges. Close to the water. You can sit outside or inside. We chose outside. They had a great menu to choose from. The prices were a bit high but the service was great and the staff was friendly. I will visit there again.

Dover, Delaware
“Good food, great view, poor service!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

My wife and I came to Bermuda for 3 days via cruise ship. On our second day, we rode our moped to Clearwater Beach, St. David's Lightouse and then over to St. George to check out the town and get a bite to eat. We walked by several restaurants trying to decide where to go. We then found this beautiful place with outdoor seating right on the water called Tavern by the Sea.

Unlike some of the other restaurants, this one did not have a menu posted outside to view, so we went in and grabbed a menu ourselves. Pleased that the pricing was more reasonable than the other places ($12 for a burger instead of $18) and the fact of its alluring outdoor seating on the cove, we decided to give it a try.

The name of this place is wait, wait and wait some more. I ordered a club sandwich and my wife had a burger which was generously portioned. I think my sandwich had more bread than anything, but was still good. Unfortunately, it took a long time to put or order in, receive our food and even get our bill.

We were never checked on once receiving our food. Our drinks ran out right in the middle of our meal. We had to wait till we were finished before we could even get someone's attention to get a refill. We finally did and she took our glasses. A few minutes later I see her working with other tables still waiting. A few more minutes goes by and she is in and out of the building, still no drinks. Finally she comes back and even then, served me a Coke (I ordered tea).

While waiting for the bill (and waiting and waiting) they were working on seating a small group near us, using an empty table to push it with ours once we got up. The customers were standing around waiting for us to get up and we didn't even have our bill yet! We felt that, along with several other smaller things to be rude by the wait staff.

Perhaps your experience will be better than ours. If not for the poor service, this experience would have been at least 4 stars. Good food, great view, poor service! Keep in mind that most restaurants in Bermuda, including this one, have automatic gratuities. Perhaps this contributes to less than ideal service. Also note, there are no free refills. Ice tea will run you $3.50 per glass, a coke will cost you $3.75 per glass. Free water.

I have included a number of pictures including the menu with prices, our food, our bill and the view. If you find this review helpful, please let me know by clicking the button below. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Fab views for a dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

While staying in St.Georges we visited twice on two evenings had had great food - do ask what the specials are - good service & as it is right on the waterfront, fab views as the sun went down. Lovely place to relax with your food :)

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Arlington
“Good Food, Mediocre Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

The food was good and fresh. The location unbeatable. The service was almost non-existent. Perhaps this is a Bermudan thing to seat yourself, search for a waiter, and wait forever to be serviced. The staff were not rude, but I don't think they know what it means to be wait staff. Or perhaps its just the Bermudan culture.

Brooklyn, New York
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stopped here for a quick bite while waiting for our ferry. This place had outdoor seating by the bay. The food and service were GREAT! Will defiantly go back.