“It will do in a pinch” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 St. George B&B and Inns
Potomac Falls, Virginia, United States
“It will do in a pinch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Ended up getting to Bermuda a day early and my hotel wanted $900.00 to squeeze me in a night early.. so I tried one of those auction travel sites and got a room for $200 at Aunt Nea's Inn. Ket was in the mailbox.. we stayed in the Blue Bird. Cool that the hotel was built in the 1700's.. it could be a GOLD MINE if they refurbished it and trimmed the bushes. It was OK for a night.. but not long term.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This place is horrible.....it is old, dirty, musty, moldy, invested with ants and electrical wiring was a hazard. Linens were old and dirty. The location of the Inn is an alley and your view from the front porch is the back of a building. The free wi-if they advertise is from a spot on the front porch. Everything on the Aunt Nea's website is false --including the pictures, these pictures must have been taken years ago. We had prepaid for 3 nights and left immediately after viewing the Inn and our room. The Inn keeper or owner/manager must be ashamed of the Inn, as there was no one to greet us, (we arrived at 3pm),our keys were in a mailbox with a hideous note written with a red maker telling us the location of our room........ Well they call t s room, I have another name for it!
Bermuda is a beautiful island and it's a shame that tourists are tricked into booking at locations such as this one. Please take my advise, I do not feel as if I have to stay at a five star resort, but I do want to stay somewhere clean!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

We spent only one night at Ant Nea's, in one of the rooms on the first floor. The room actualy had a living room and bedroom. Very charming furniture and look and feel, but also very old. Perfect for one night in St. George as it's smack in the centre of town and close to the nearest beaches. Wouldn't have enjoyed staying here more than one or two nights as the facilities are old and tired and St. George is a little far from the other beaches we loved on the South Shore. Rachel, the host, is very nice and helpful, adding half a star to my review.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Be careful before booking this hotel! This is a very old building, built in the 1700's, and has been worn out & repaired & remodeled with little consistency. Some people would consider it historic, but as a place to stay it is dirty, musty & moldy, creaky, with old, heavily used and often broken-down fixtures. All features are out-dated and in poor working condition. Our assigned room was dirty and looked nothing like the pictures. The bathroom was a fright with cobbled together fixtures and tacked up curtains, painted plywood shelves, dirty window sills, and power outlets that did not work. The air conditioner rattled, the mini fridge was dirty. We asked to be moved and had to pay extra for a suite. That room was spacious and did not smell as bad, but the linens were stained, the towels were thin & frayed, the free Wi-Fi was unreliable and often did not reach the room. The door would not lock securely, the furniture was not useful, the pillows were hard & lumpy, the TV was ancient. We left our room each day with the air conditioner running so we'd have a cool room upon our return, but the staff would come in and turn it off while we were away. This hotel is more like a bed & breakfast without the breakfast, as it is more like a house with lots of rooms, each unique. There is a community "kitchen" without a stove or sink, but they do offer free bad coffee in the morning, a kitchen table, and a shared refer. They have a pile of old, random dishes and silverware for use, but I found them to be poorly washed. The pictures we saw online of this hotel must be over 20 years old because the vegetation on the grounds has at least 20 more years of growth. The location was close to St. George, the bus line, and the ferry. A 20 minute walk gets you to a nice beach.

Room Tip: Spend more money, go elsewhere. There is nothing quaint about this hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I was sent there for 1 night, my previous company booked that place for me. I don't understand why they did that. I arrived late at night (10.30pm). I had a wonderful older lady taxi driver miss Felisha who was helping me. There was nobody there to wait for me in the guesthouse. There was one ENVELOPE on the steps with my name on it!!!!! I felt like I was in the SURVIVOR show! So, I opened the envelope and there was a key there. I didn't know where was my room, everywhere was dark and scary, I was so afraid. If it wasn't Felisha next to me, I would just run away from there. She helped me to go on the second floor where my "room" was. So, two us dragged my suitcases in a middle of the dark over many steps. I was in front of my "2 pieces hook door" -like bakery door, surprised so much in a negative way. I made pictures and that was the worst rusty bathroom I ever seen, not even used it; cracked walls, dirty place, no signal tv, not working "war" radio and weird atmosphere. ONLY they had weak internet connection. Avoid this place if you want to live and if you respect your money.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Ambridge, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Such a cute romantic litte Inn. Has a great location and I thought it was so charming and sweet. Walking distance to restaurants or even the bus line. Everyone was very friendly. I stayed with a friend, the shower in front of the bed was a little awkward, so I recommend it to couples. But it was very nice.

• Stayed June 2012
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is a good little inn, Just a sort walk down to the bars and cafe by the harbour. The rooms are clean but there is not kettle rrrrrrrrrrrrrr.Rachal who runs it is very helpfull booking my taxi`s etc..But the bus is a good serive and much much cheeper. Would go back.

Room Tip: take a kettle
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Aunt Nea's Inn at Hillcrest? Share your experiences!