“Great snorkeling calm area for not so confident swimmers” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 18 attractions in St. George
Type: Bodies of Water
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: This bay is known for its calm waters and crowded beaches.
6 attraction reviews
“Great snorkeling calm area for not so confident swimmers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The only nice thing about staying 1st in st George's was walking to tobacco bay Sunday morning. We had the place to ourselves until about 10 when they started opening up the shop there. It was lovely and calm. Lots of fish just by sticking your head in the water...more by the coral. It's not very deep so kids are very safe ...

Visited August 2012

Concord, NC
12 attraction reviews
“Good Snorkeling Site.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The protected cove makes a great place for snorkeling without being beat to death by the waves and current. Lots of fish to see. Walking distance from St Georges or someone may just stop and offer you a ride. The concessions here are weak. Overpriced for what you get and the crew is not really interested in taking care of you but flirting with each other. A great place to hang out for a few hours or spend the day. Sunsets here are magnificent.

Leeds, United Kingdom
27 attraction reviews
“You wouldn't believe the amount of fish there!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

OK I took a couple of slices of bread with me when I snorkled, but boy oh boy, I have never seen so many fish. Believe me I have been to a great many places around the world. If I had a net I could have caught enough to feed the hotel. However, there is only one small scrappy cafe, chairs are the usual high price and they do not bother to clear litter from the beach so be prepared to find plastic bottles and other trash.

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
18 attraction reviews
“A hidden gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Alright, this might not be hidden but from many Parishes this beach takes some time to get to due to it's location at the tip of the island. We were staying in the Southhampton Parish and had no troubles using the bus system. One bus to Hamilton and another to the beach. The beach has a restuarant that had awesome fish and chips and many other items. There's a bar which is reasonably priced. The beach was one of my favourite on the whole island!! The snorkeling was phenomenal - I was in the water for over two hours and I could have stayed longer. They rent umbrellas and such. We brough our own snorkel equipment and were very happy we did. While this is a little off the beaten path - it's worth your time checking it out.

Visited August 2012
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
11 attraction reviews
“A small but beautiful beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Tobacco Bay is just a short walk from the main town of St. George, and it's definitely worth the trip (or ride, you can get a shuttle if you prefer not to walk). It's pretty small for a beach, which means it can get crowded with tourists, especially when multiple cruise ships are in port. But it's very pretty, the water is clear, and there are some nice facilities nearby. I've heard it's also a great place for snorkeling and you can rent equipment there - we didn't have enough time to try that on our trip, but we look forward to doing it one day in the future when we go back to Bermuda!