“Dirty” 3 of 5 stars

Leeds, United Kingdom
32 attraction reviews
“Dirty”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

See my report on the Bay. Great fish, dreadful beach I am afraid. Concessions selling food and drinks like the one here should be made to clear up the crap.

Leeds, United Kingdom
32 attraction reviews
“You wouldn't believe the amount of fish there!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

OK I took a couple of slices of bread with me when I snorkled, but boy oh boy, I have never seen so many fish. Believe me I have been to a great many places around the world. If I had a net I could have caught enough to feed the hotel. However, there is only one small scrappy cafe, chairs are the usual high price and they do not bother to clear litter from the beach so be prepared to find plastic bottles and other trash.

Pancevo, Serbia
3 attraction reviews
“Tobacco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Great place to chill and enjoy the lovely Bermuda weather...never too crowded, but a bit difficult to access by car

Visited July 2012
Calgary, Canada
14 attraction reviews
“Not to miss unless the cruise ships are in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is a perfect bay for swimming. I could have been in that water for days. Plus, it's gorgeous with the rocks that form the bay and the beautiful clear water. We saw some snorkellers as well and we would have done that had we planned on being at the beach at all that day. As it was, we swam in our clothes we just couldn't bear being there and not swimming. We travelled off season though and went to Tobacco Bay on a day there were no cruise ships on the island. That's the way to do it, there were maybe 6 other people there and they weren't swimming so we pretty much had the place to ourselves. Perfect!

Schenectady, NY
81 attraction reviews
“very pretty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We ended up only wading into the water here because the beach was very crowded and we decided the process of changing into and out of swim clothes and dealing with wet stuff was going to be too annoying for the amount of time we planned to be there. However, just past the snack bar area, there are several paths leading to beautiful rocky areas. Fun to climb around, but watch your footing. It's worth the short walk up here from St. George. (Also, walk a little further down the road to check out Fort St. Catherine and the nearby beach - even if you don't go in the fort, it's a nice view.)