“the BEST fishing boat in Bermuda” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 102 Activities in Bermuda
Type: Tours, Adventure
London
“the BEST fishing boat in Bermuda”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We were looking at 2 options for fishing in Bermuda; reef fishing with Captain Baxter, or the Jolly Rodger. The 'Ellen B' boat for reef fishing is much smaller than the Jolly Rodger boat which I really liked. As soon as we boarded the boat we were introduced to the 4 other people on the trip, and the Captain and his son, Andrew, learnt all our names straight away. They are genuinely interested to know about you and I really liked that they bothered to ask, and also remembered what you said! It was SUCH a good morning!! We started off at a shallower location and got fishing straight away. The Captain and Andrew bait you up and un-hook your fish and are constantly rotating around everyone so I was never left waiting for anything for more than a few seconds. It was brilliant. They provide water as well which was nice.

They taught us about all the fish we caught, and we were able to keep the fish that were big enough. It was really rewarding, and the range of fish you catch is amazing. We moved locations half way through and caught some really cool big fish (I was particularly proud of my 16 inch speckled red hind). On the way back Andrew cleaned and prepared all the fish and we ended up taking home a HUGE back of fish fillets. If you bought some fish that heavy at the supermarket I'm sure you'd be paying over $100! We cooked it up as soon as we got home and it was sooooo delicious. It just made the whole fishing trip that much better.

Finally, even though we departed from Mangrove Bay dock, the captain had found out where all of us were staying and changed the route home to make it easier for everyone. 2 of the people were from a cruise ship so he dropped them off at dockyard, and for myself and my husband he went right to Watford Bridge ferry terminal and dropped us off on our doorstep. They were so friendly and I couldn't recommend the trip more highly!

Visited August 2012

Bermuda
11 attraction reviews
“Awesome fishing trip - expert guidance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

This fishing trip was fabulous. I had two adults who had never been fishing before plus five young children around age 10. I was unsure what to expect since I had the feeling that fishing was very complicated and unlikely to be successful first time out! My gosh - these guys were the best ever. They instructed both us and the children efficiently and effectively and we were off - catching fish - fish we later ate! The children had a blast - Captain Baxter and his son Andrew were ever attentive to when people needed help. Andrew really clicked with the children and entertained them when fish weren't biting. Then to top it all, our fish were scaled and gutted and ready for eating - they tasted divine!!! This is a top notch outfit and will satisfy all types of fishermen - go for it!

Visited July 2011
San Diego, California
10 attraction reviews
“had a great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

We were looking to go fishing in Bermuda but did not necessarily want to go deep sea fishing nor did we want to even greater cost to do so. I searched around and found either this or the Jolly Roger as options. I emailed the Jolly Roger outfit but did not even get a reply. I conversed with Micheal via email and found a time that worked for us. The crew, Michael and his son, were helpful, collegial, caring and provided good conversation and historical perspectives on Bermuda. They clearly wanted us to enjoy our trip.We were a group of six, 3 adults and three children: 17, 12 and 6. I think we had an atypical experience in that we caught almost 25 fish between us in 4 hours. We kept about and 15 and after the were filleted we took them to a local restaurant and ate our fresh catch. Overall we had a blast!