“Snorkeling Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Richmond, VA
3 attraction reviews
“Snorkeling Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My friend and I came to Bermuda for a wedding and stayed a couple extra days and wanted to go snorkeling. We were told we could snorkel from any of the bays so we tried that first and did not really see anything. We call Sonny and booked a trip with him the next day. Due to the weather we did the inshore snorkeling. I had never been snorkeling before and his instructions were good enough for me. We saw fish and coral and Sonny provided us with history of Bermuda. We had a great time and would come back to snorkel with Sonny again!

Visited November 2012

Essex
“Sonny's Snorkels”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Visited Bermuda in August and wanted to do some snorkelling. Sonny's snorkels is primarily over the shipwrecks. Unfortunately, the weather didn't hold up for that so Sonny took us to another spot for some basic snorkelling. In terms of the set-up, I would say Sonny's snorkels is great. He's easy-going, knowledgable and he has a smaller boat which caters for a more intimate and friendly experience. If that's something that works for you, then this is the man to go to. The only thing I would say with Sonny is that there is an expectation that you can swim and keep yourself afloat over the snorkelling period. The reason is that he doesn't provide life-jackets as some snorkel operators do. It wasn't a problem for me, but I can see it being an issue if you can't swim or have very young kids. In terms of the particular snorkelling location we were taken to, comparing it to other snorkelling spots I've been to across the world, I didn't really think it was that good. Of course, what I'd really wanted was the shipwrecks, but that wasn't possible on this ocassion. On the whole, I would defintely use Sonny again if I went back to Bermuda.

Great Falls, Virginia, United States
“Awesome experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

It was wonderful,we found Snorkel Bermuda online and we decided to go with them because they had such incredible reviews and we did not go wrong because the owner Sonny made our experience just amazing. I can’t deny that I was terrified to jump for the first time into such deep water because the last thing I wanted was to become a shark food in Bermuda :-):-):-) but Sonny made me feel very comfortable and safe after all the instructions provided. I just wished we've brought a photo camera with us:-(

Baltimore, Maryland
14 attraction reviews
“Terrific on Many Levels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

My girlfriend and I went on this tour after reading all of the positive reviews on here and we were not disappointed. This was a terrific experience and we have no complaints whatsoever. The price was fully $20-25 cheaper than the "big guys" and Sonny provided a smaller more intimate experience (10 of us vs 40+) which allowed him to give us a history of Bermuda and the local shipwrecks on the ride out. We had over an hour of snorkeling and never felt rushed or uncomfortable. Sonny provided all of the necessary equipment and gave instruction on how to use it. He was very up-front, honest, and direct in the way he runs his business and does a commendable job of it. He is a humorous and witty character and very accommodating. This trip is well suited to experienced swimmers and those travelers that do not desire babying and hand-holding. All around a great value and highly recommended.

Visited September 2012
Haverhill, Massachusetts, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Snorkel with Sonny”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We wanted to snorkel over the shipwrecks. We didnt want to go with the commercial trips with large crowds. I called Sonny before we left on our cruise and booked an appointment for the last day of our stay for 9am. We walked from our ship down the pier and right over to Sonnys boat. Everyone knew him so it was easy to find. We had a party of four and three others came on the trip. Sonny was awesome..real friendly and answered all our questions about Bermuda. We quickly got out to the reefs and shipwrecks. He gave instructions and off we went. It was cool seeing the shipwrecks below and all the different fish swimming around us. We stayed for over an hour..it was plenty..climbed on board and headed in. Great experience and a lot cheaper and more comfortable than the commercial type outings. No fuss, no muss.