“Best Horseback Riding Experience EVER!!” 5 of 5 stars

+297 586 4954
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: The Gold Mine Ranch is a small family owned ranch aiming to provide the best service to all our guests. We have AMAZING adventure trails, and well-trained horses. Book online and receive a discount. If you want to experience awesome horseback riding, on the beach and country side of Aruba, look no further. Let us be the highlight of your vacation.
Richmond, Virginia
“Best Horseback Riding Experience EVER!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Before we could go downstairs to see if Gold Mine Ranch was there we received a phone call to our room saying they were waiting downstairs for us 10 mins early I LOVE THAT! We went and picked up 2 more people from different hotels, while we rode our driver Jose (i think that was his name) told us about Aruba and the jewelry etc...he was an awesome tour guide. It was my first time horseback riding and I was so scared they were nice enough to give me the beginners horse, he was little but i felt comfortable on him than those taller ones (but I am 170 lbs so i felt kinda of bad for my horsey, but he was gettying up lol). We rode with Alejandro and Candy..they explained to us how to make the horse slow down, how to make him speed up and they cracked me up with the yeee...haw...yeee.....haww arrrribbba....arriiibbaa.....andalaaayy lol, I felt like I was in a real western movie. The scenery was awesome (the beautiful waters ahhh) we even rode through the dessert, I would do it again in a heart beat. They took pics of us and had them ready with nice little frames when we finished the horseback riding, they even provided bottled water. I recommend them to anyone that's a beginning rider (like kids or adults), up to the best horse rider, the horses were pretty, we even fed them when we got back, they look really well kept. The bathroom was in great condition as well. I would definitely do this tour again.

Visited June 2013

Columbus, Ohio
6 attraction reviews
“An great experience when on the island!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I booked the sunset riding tour about 5 months ago (Feb. 2013) after booking our Aruba trip and reading Trip Advisor reviews. I had concern after reading a few recent Trip Advisor posts but all my concerns were alleviated when we arrived at the ranch. We found the horses to be healthy, saw stacks of Purina food, bags of grass, barrels of water in each stall, and someone caring for the horses when we arrived. I took pictures of the ranch which I'll post. We enjoyed our ride, the views were amazing, and we didn't have problems with our guide speaking little English. The horses listen so well to the guide that the horses even know when the guide uses sounds instead of words. Our guide took so many pictures of us with our cameras and he offered without us even asking. After the ride, we did give our horses a carrot (as mentioned in previous reviews) then saw them bathed and put back into their stall with 2 different barrels of food (one Purina food and another an extra nutritional mix) and a water barrel. There are horses of all sizes to accommodate children, beginner riders, taller adults, and advanced riders. We were beginner riders and did great with our horses. Johnny, the ranch director, said 7 more horses will be arriving this next week offering even more options. The tour route is different going out and coming in. Two days prior, we went on the ABC jeep tour so we were familiar with the gold mine area to know this tour covered a long route. In addition, we saw other riding tours when we were out with ABC tours that we know we covered more area and a more scenic route on the Gold Mine tour than the other horseback
riding tours. I had no concerns after seeing the ranch and experiencing the tour and would have no hesitation recommending this tour to others.

Frederick, Maryland
“Best Horses I have Ridden”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

What would you say if I told you that I went back to Aruba for the sole purpose of riding the horses at the Gold Mine Ranch? Not joking folks...true story!
5 years ago - I went to Aruba with my sister. I am an experienced rider, my sister was a first-timer. We went to the Gold Mine Ranch while they were just starting up. The ride was amazing! The horses were the highlight of my trip. So much so that I was determined to return with my husband and daughter just to repeat the experience and share it with them. ...and last week that goal was accomplished. Once again, I cannot say enough kind words about Johny the owner, Candy our guide, and their AMAZING horses. The ride took us through some very scenic areas and we were well-matched to our horses.
Johny shared some of his rescue stories of the horses he has in his stable. They truly care about the horses and have done a great job in the training. They are not JUST trail horses. They are well- trained, healthy, and happy horses. (With a touch of spirit to make the ride fun.)
I encourage anyone looking for a great ranch in Aruba, to visit The Gold Mine Ranch.

New York City, New York
“Great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The is a small shop but the guide couldn't have been nicer. Beautiful views, would recommend taking the morning ride as the heat was much more bearable than afternoon. Will come again next time we're on the island.

pa
4 attraction reviews
“Fabulous experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I spent a lot of time researching the different horseback riding tours and were happy with our decision to go with Gold Mine. We really wanted to stay on the horses instead of getting off and on or climbing down or up rocks and this was exactly what we were looking for and more. I read the recent reviews about Candee not speaking English but we did not find it a hindrance at all. He was attentive, fun, gave us time to take pictures but kept us moving at the same time. I really don't think that other than the Gold Mine ruins that a lot of narration was needed. It was a lot of rustic scenery with the beach along side. We had our three kids with us and they loved it. We rode a path along the beach going and a different path going back. Even though we are beginners, our horses trotted and cantered in all the right places while having our kids abilities in consideration. We stopped at all the right locations for great pictures that he took with our cameras. The owner followed us to a certain point to insure all was well and help with pictures. We felt the tour was organized, fun, the horses were well taken care of and were wonderful memories for the family. Highly recommended!