“casual elegance” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, Caribbean, Seafood, International
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Screaming Eagle is a unique restaurant with Miami-style lounge bar atmosphere - edgy interior design, comfortable and chic lounge area, trendy French-Fusion cuisine and a wine and cocktail list to create the mixture for those who dare now a days lifestyle.
Toms River, New Jersey
“casual elegance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

My husband and I passed by this restuarant every morning on our usual mile or so walk on the sidewalk of Eagle Beach. As it was our first trip to Aruba, we were looking for places to dine. We were not disappointed on our first visit to the Screaming Eagle. The staff is friendly and starts you out with a complimentary gazpacho shooter! Most of the food is out standing, we highly reccommend the duck and the pork tenderloin, and the desserts are over the top. We enjoyed our experience so much that we went back one more time before we went home. All I can say is that we will be returning to this comforting place on our next trip to Aruba.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Marysville, OH
“Good food, great service in a pleasant atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We ate here on June 16'th, our first night in Aruba. Wheng was our server and she was attentive and very friendly. The food here is beautifully presented. Our meals were good (salads and steaks, seafood) but the dessert was fantastic. I had a chocolate layered mousse that was so good there are no words to describe it's yummyness.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Worth
“Well Appointed but Average atmosphere and Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Neat name and enticing atmosphere, but sadly the food didn't manage too keep up with the waitstaff or the appointments.

I held off writing a review until we had been to several other similarly priced restaurants and this was by far the weakest offering of the bunch. We dined at a number of nice restaurants on our trip (and in general for that matter), so we thinkwe know what works.

Overall, it is average, but average in a price range and environment that should be excellent.

San Antonio, Texas
“Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

My wife and I initially chose Screaming Eagle because it was the best reviewed restaurant closest to our hotel on Eagle Beach (according the our hotel's concierge, the Eagle Beach culinary options leave a lot to be desired). However, I can honestly say that I had the best seafood dinner of my life (shark steak) and my wife's non-seafood dish (hanger steak) was also delicious.

The decor provided for a romantic dinner, and there is an option (probably most appropriate for newly weds) to eat in privacy on an actual bed behind a gossamer curtain.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nederland, Texas, United States
“Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Love everything about this place!!!! Lizzy was our server and she could not had made our experience any better. I give this place 10 stars!!!! I will go back next time I go for sure!!!

• Visited June 2012