“Another wonderful vacation!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino

Save Saved
You added La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino to your Saves list
La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   J. E. Irausquin Blvd. 250, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
“Another wonderful vacation!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Just returned from vacation and as usual we were treated very well. Enjoyed the now open casino and enjoyed having on the property. Rooms were clean and service was superb. Enjoyed breakfast buffet on Sunday at the restaurant and had a couple meals there as well. Dinners were well presented and tasty. The service was also great. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Balcony room facing the pool and ocean
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

761 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
bettonskyblue
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed at La Cabana Nov 3-9th 2013. We are blue green owners and stayed in room 206B( I think? or 106B I can't remember) . At first I was sad that we were on the ground and tried to get them to change it but she wanted to charge us a fee to "upgrade" so I sad no we would stick with the room we had. I am glad we did because being on the ground about 6 units from the end by the pool was great! It was very close walk to anywhere we wanted to go..no elevators or stairs! It was great to walk right out and over to the beach in the morning. The studio room was great, plenty of room for a couple and the kitchen and bathroom were nice. We don't like to have room service so we left the "do not disturb" sign on the door all week and we were not bothered at all. My only room complaint is that the hallway is enclosed and has tile everything so we could hear people walking up the hallway and when people would open and close doors it was very loud…only one night was it an issue..someone had kids an they kept running in and out… they were not slamming the door but it seemed so loud in our room! Luckily that was only an issue once as I am a light sleeper and every little thing wakes me up. So overall I would say the room was great! We would definitely ask for it again.
We did not get a rental car and I am glad we didn't most of what we wanted was within walking distance and when we wanted to go somewhere the buses were cheap, safe and easy to catch. The tour we went on ( abc jeep tour A++) picked us up so a rental would have been a waste of money.
We walked over the super foods the first full day there and spend around $100 on breakfast, lunch and snack items - super foods was close, and great! Great variety of fresh food - we loved the fresh baked bread and enjoyed it all week! We bought hamburger patties and grill items and grilled out one day after our tour - the grills are very nice and the staff come out and light them for you. Prices were somewhat higher than home but I expected that.
The pool was very nice.. I think we were only in it once because the beach was so amazing and we preferred to be out there. They had live bands, dancing, even an outdoor movie one night. Even though it was just the two of us I noticed lots of fun things for the kiddos to do.
We did notice that 75% or so of the people there were older retired folks.. which I love because we are the quiet type and want a relaxing quiet vacation without a lot of craziness and noise.. so if you want a place to chill and relax this is it!

Room Tip: Loved being on the ground floor by the pool, near the road!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Astoria, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

This year we brought my sister and boyfriend with us to LaCabana. This was their first visit to Aruba and yes they will be coming back for more :) We received a bonus week from Interval which was also upgraded to a 2 bedroom (I own a 1 bedroom in May and swap for October) in the swap I landed a studio and 1 bedroom connecting units...PERFECT!! I gave my sister the 1 bedroom since it was her first visit and this is the second time I've stayed in a studio and I really love the studio units. The best part about the studio is being able to wake up and have a view from your bed which unfortunately, is not possible in the one bedroom. I scolded my sister for hardly ever entering the living room/kitchen area of the unit - she said "it's too far away" LOL - she liked the layout of the studio better. And when we all hung out together in one room it was always in the studio. It just seemed more cozy and there is plenty of space in the studio, it has a nice open plan so if you are by the kitchen you can talk with everyone on the couch and there is enough seating at the kitchen island for 4 people to sit. This was my first experience on the second floor. I can now say I've stayed on every floor of LaCabana. I was worried about the view being obstructed because I LOVE ocean view. We ended up with a very nice view. The pool was totally blocked by the massage hut which was directly in front of our rooms. No big deal as long as I can see the ocean and I did.

The renovations look great, love the new colors and this is the first time I saw the entire building with the finished paint job - looks so much better than before! Las Ramblas was closed for renovations so there was still work going on but that should be done by now if not, very soon. The small market at LaCabana always came in handy for something except Stroopwafles - I had such a hard time finding them this year and had to buy them at the airport. Checked THREE supermarkets and came up empty :(

We had breakfast at the Islander Grill once an it was very good and we also had 2 lunches there and enjoyed both times. We also indulged in Cinnabon a couple of times in the lobby...funny the only time I've ever ate Cinnabon was at LaCabana. The lobby smells so good with that place being there :) We never at at Sbarro and I kind of wish it wasn't there but whatever, I guess some enjoy it. The massage hut by the pool is so big it takes up way too much real estate. I can't imagine enjoying a massage while next to a noisy pool but then again, people must be enjoying because it is still there. The shop by the pool is also useless in my opinion. Just too many things taking up space.

We are not much for the pool but we did hop in a few times on our way back from the beach. The beach was very crowded during our week (Oct 13-20) but we always found a palapa no matter what time we arrived. The water was so crystal clear for most of our stay, just so so the first couple of days but no seaweed and just a little "blurry" afterwards it was simply AMAZING and perfect for floating around.

We weren't bothered much by the blue green nonsense, just one call to our room inviting us to the tour and we just said no thanks.

Someone in a previous review mentioned it is "impossible to get cold water at this resort" - this is not a resort issue. The entire island does not have very cool running water. The pipes are in the beaming sun so this is no fault of LaCabana. No matter where you stay you will not find very cold water. But the water is absolutely delicious. Buy a few bottles of water so you can refill them with the tap. Keep them in your fridge and then pack them in your cooler so you always have a supply of cold, delicious, and most refreshing Aruba water.

The only real issue I have is the ugly bracelets they make you wear. My sister broke hers off on day 2 and just carried it around in her beach bag but was never questioned. My husband broke his off mid trip and lost it - also was not questioned. I was a good girl and left my hospital looking bracelet on my wrist until I got to the airport.

As for there being an "older" crowd there, we found a nice mix of all ages, but then again maybe I am part of the older crowd and don't realize it. LOL!!

Overall it was a great trip and looking forward to many more to come!

Room Tip: Saturday and Sunday check in are the rooms with the best view.
Brownville, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I am a happy owner of a week at La Cabana BRC. I have been coming there for 5 years, and will never trade my week for anywhere else. The Island itself may be part of the reason, but I feel that the people who run La Cabana are a bigger part of the reason. Located on the best beach in Aruba makes the week the best. However, the biggest part of the reason I love coming home to Aruba are the Bar tenders at the Pata Pata Bar. They are professional, friendly, and fun. They give out handshakes hugs and laughter freely and make great drinks. Orlando, Wilfred, Cesar, Jander and all the rest are wonderful! I would like to thank them for making every trip to Aruba a time to remember.

Wendy Graves

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Concord, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

A few disclosures first. This is our third trip to Aruba. We honeymooned 7 years ago at the Bucuti (which is still our favorite resort in Aruba.) Three years ago we stayed at the Marriott (I think the Surf club—it is the one with the lazy river). This year we booked a week at La Cabana through Interval. I tend to prefer the low rise section.

On first glance I was a little disappointed with La Cabana (I think probably because it suffers from comparison to the Bucuti & the Marriott). The gentlemen who checked us in at the front desk looked miserable. After we were checked in we were shuffled over to the concierge desk and asked if we wanted to sit in on a Blue Green timeshare presentation (you get $100 towards dinner/casino/spa). We said we would think about it, so we did not sign up right then. Thank God. We heard later that the presentation is about 3 hours!!! I’m not willing to give up 3 hours for $100. The rooms are clean & pretty spacious, good appliances. I had read a lot of reviews about the noise because the bedroom is right next to the door and it can be pretty loud with people walking down the corridor, so I brought my ear plugs. As a result, I didn’t have a problem with noise. My husband, who refused to use the ear plugs had a big problem with noise (of course he’s an idiot for not putting the ear plugs in).

A lot of reviews also mention that the population of La Cabana tends to skew older. We found this to be true as well but didn’t have a problem with it.

Most of the staff were perfectly nice & helpful, however there was one woman at the concierge’s desk that was completely incompetent. We were not impressed by the grill. Wifi was TERRIBLE.

There is a pool but we found that it was too noisy (with water aerobics, bingo and music going on) although it empties out after HH so you can relax at the pool then. For me, the real draw of La Cabana is the beach. The beach is gorgeous. So much space! And the water is perfect. If you want an umbrella you need to get there early because people are staking their claim by 7 am. --Although by 2, people are leaving for the day and by 4 there are plenty of open umbrellas again.
Everyone staying at La Cabana was so nice & we ended up meeting a bunch of people that really added to our trip (all from the Northeast of course-hahah).

All in all, we really enjoyed our time at La Cabana. With a few small fixes I think it would be an outstanding resort. If you are someone who goes to Aruba for the beach (like me) this is a great choice. If a top of the line resort and pool with a really young crowd are what you are looking for, then you may want to consider elsewhere. Speaking of the pool, I heard that they are doing big construction on the pool/bar next year so you may want to look into that before booking.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was pretty cool for the most part. Friendly staff, clean, right off the beach, nice pool with slide, bar with happy hour, bingo, and the rooms come with a kitchen/ dining area. The grocery store is a five minute walk and the bus stop is a two minute walk. There is also a gym.

It is almost impossible to get cold or even room temperature water in the hotel! The pool closes at 10pm. There is a weird smell from the chemicals used to clean the hallways. The rooms are all tile(no carpet).

If you don't mind hanging out with 50+ year olds with, orange reddish leather skin, white chest hair, gold chain necklaces, saggy butt/boob, comb overs, push room mustaches, veracospe vein, cigar smoking, fat upper pelvic areas then this is the hotel for you!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Shared a week with friends who are Bluegreen owners. Liked it so much we rented for next year. Best beach! Great water. Close to everything. Great areas to grill out fresh fish from local markets. Friendly! !!!!!! People and service. Nice facilities. It's not a fancy mega resort. It is a great low-rise with all the amenities. Nice pool. nice pool bar. Nice on site restaurant. Very clean facility! We've been to lots of resorts. This is a good one. Can't wait for our next visit.

Room Tip: Saturday to Saturday seem to get better views of ocean. Ours was obstructed as we were Friday to Fri...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!