“Once a year for the rest of my life” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino

Save Saved
You added La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino to your Saves list
La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   J. E. Irausquin Blvd. 250, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
Brownville, Maine
“Once a year for the rest of my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I am a happy owner of a week at La Cabana BRC. I have been coming there for 5 years, and will never trade my week for anywhere else. The Island itself may be part of the reason, but I feel that the people who run La Cabana are a bigger part of the reason. Located on the best beach in Aruba makes the week the best. However, the biggest part of the reason I love coming home to Aruba are the Bar tenders at the Pata Pata Bar. They are professional, friendly, and fun. They give out handshakes hugs and laughter freely and make great drinks. Orlando, Wilfred, Cesar, Jander and all the rest are wonderful! I would like to thank them for making every trip to Aruba a time to remember.

Wendy Graves

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

736 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
Concord, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

A few disclosures first. This is our third trip to Aruba. We honeymooned 7 years ago at the Bucuti (which is still our favorite resort in Aruba.) Three years ago we stayed at the Marriott (I think the Surf club—it is the one with the lazy river). This year we booked a week at La Cabana through Interval. I tend to prefer the low rise section.

On first glance I was a little disappointed with La Cabana (I think probably because it suffers from comparison to the Bucuti & the Marriott). The gentlemen who checked us in at the front desk looked miserable. After we were checked in we were shuffled over to the concierge desk and asked if we wanted to sit in on a Blue Green timeshare presentation (you get $100 towards dinner/casino/spa). We said we would think about it, so we did not sign up right then. Thank God. We heard later that the presentation is about 3 hours!!! I’m not willing to give up 3 hours for $100. The rooms are clean & pretty spacious, good appliances. I had read a lot of reviews about the noise because the bedroom is right next to the door and it can be pretty loud with people walking down the corridor, so I brought my ear plugs. As a result, I didn’t have a problem with noise. My husband, who refused to use the ear plugs had a big problem with noise (of course he’s an idiot for not putting the ear plugs in).

A lot of reviews also mention that the population of La Cabana tends to skew older. We found this to be true as well but didn’t have a problem with it.

Most of the staff were perfectly nice & helpful, however there was one woman at the concierge’s desk that was completely incompetent. We were not impressed by the grill. Wifi was TERRIBLE.

There is a pool but we found that it was too noisy (with water aerobics, bingo and music going on) although it empties out after HH so you can relax at the pool then. For me, the real draw of La Cabana is the beach. The beach is gorgeous. So much space! And the water is perfect. If you want an umbrella you need to get there early because people are staking their claim by 7 am. --Although by 2, people are leaving for the day and by 4 there are plenty of open umbrellas again.
Everyone staying at La Cabana was so nice & we ended up meeting a bunch of people that really added to our trip (all from the Northeast of course-hahah).

All in all, we really enjoyed our time at La Cabana. With a few small fixes I think it would be an outstanding resort. If you are someone who goes to Aruba for the beach (like me) this is a great choice. If a top of the line resort and pool with a really young crowd are what you are looking for, then you may want to consider elsewhere. Speaking of the pool, I heard that they are doing big construction on the pool/bar next year so you may want to look into that before booking.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was pretty cool for the most part. Friendly staff, clean, right off the beach, nice pool with slide, bar with happy hour, bingo, and the rooms come with a kitchen/ dining area. The grocery store is a five minute walk and the bus stop is a two minute walk. There is also a gym.

It is almost impossible to get cold or even room temperature water in the hotel! The pool closes at 10pm. There is a weird smell from the chemicals used to clean the hallways. The rooms are all tile(no carpet).

If you don't mind hanging out with 50+ year olds with, orange reddish leather skin, white chest hair, gold chain necklaces, saggy butt/boob, comb overs, push room mustaches, veracospe vein, cigar smoking, fat upper pelvic areas then this is the hotel for you!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Shared a week with friends who are Bluegreen owners. Liked it so much we rented for next year. Best beach! Great water. Close to everything. Great areas to grill out fresh fish from local markets. Friendly! !!!!!! People and service. Nice facilities. It's not a fancy mega resort. It is a great low-rise with all the amenities. Nice pool. nice pool bar. Nice on site restaurant. Very clean facility! We've been to lots of resorts. This is a good one. Can't wait for our next visit.

Room Tip: Saturday to Saturday seem to get better views of ocean. Ours was obstructed as we were Friday to Fri...
Kent, Ohio USA.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We own with Bluegreen, and this is one of their facilities. This is our seventh trip to La Cabana, and they have done some excellent work upgrading the rooms and the lobby.
Eagle Beach is rated as one of the top10 in the world, and it is directly in front of the hotel!
They now have a casino on the premises which is new this year.
The only negative is that the wifi is still terrible, and I was hoping with the installation of their own system things would improve.

Room Tip: Try to get an Ocean view if you can. We think the Studios are a better deal than the one bedrooms. T...
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

New, clean, well maintained resort. Great eagle beach views. Nice pool with slide. 30 second walk to eagle beach. With beach huts, chairs and towels for guests. Prompt and friendly staff. Wireless access is available but very slooooow. Cinnabon and mini-mart on site. Great for families as all rooms have sleeper sofas and kitchens.

Room Tip: Try to stay on 3rd or 4th floors for nice ocean views.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I traded my week in florida for a week at la cabana in january. I liked it. Seemed the facilities needed some work but as far as time shares and resorts go, it's fairly standard. As it is located on eagle beach, there's a BEAUTIFUL beach in front of the hotel right across the road (you have to walk maybe 100ft to get from the pool to the beach). The beach is just lovely, not that the hotel's pools aren't bad, they're spacious and there's a slide for the kids and different areas for pool games, relaxing and 2 hot tubs. One hot tub is next to the pool bar, which was convenient past 6pm.

The pool bar had happy hours at 5pm every day, which was awesome.

There were some hotel activities as well during the day like shuffleboard and some pool and beach games. In the evening we booked one of the gas grills and cooked dinner. It was pretty great.

And since Aruba is such a small island, eagle beach is just 10 minutes away by cab or bus from downtown oranjestadt or the north part of the island where the big hotels are that has evolved nicely in the last 10 years - all the good shopping and partying are in the north.

I'll trade my resort week again to stay here, it was great.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool obviously have a nicer view. The higher you are the more of the beach you can...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!