I traded my week in florida for a week at la cabana in january. I liked it. Seemed the facilities needed some work but as far as time shares and resorts go, it's fairly standard. As it is located on eagle beach, there's a BEAUTIFUL beach in front of the hotel right across the road (you have to walk maybe 100ft to get from the pool to the beach). The beach is just lovely, not that the hotel's pools aren't bad, they're spacious and there's a slide for the kids and different areas for pool games, relaxing and 2 hot tubs. One hot tub is next to the pool bar, which was convenient past 6pm.
The pool bar had happy hours at 5pm every day, which was awesome.
There were some hotel activities as well during the day like shuffleboard and some pool and beach games. In the evening we booked one of the gas grills and cooked dinner. It was pretty great.
And since Aruba is such a small island, eagle beach is just 10 minutes away by cab or bus from downtown oranjestadt or the north part of the island where the big hotels are that has evolved nicely in the last 10 years - all the good shopping and partying are in the north.
I'll trade my resort week again to stay here, it was great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service, mixed use 449 room hotel/vacation ownership casino resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Cabana Beach & Racquet Club Hotel Oranjestad
- La Cabana Beach And Racquet Club
- La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach