“Very friendly and helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino

Save Saved
You added La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino to your Saves list
La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   J. E. Irausquin Blvd. 250, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
Orlando, Florida
“Very friendly and helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed here in August through a timeshare exchange. First the cons: The hallway and the room had a musky smell but there is a lot of construction going on (painting the hallways, tile border going up, etc...) so perhaps we were just not there during the best time. We were not able to put our clothes away in the dresser (that was the source of the moldy smell) and kept them in our luggage all week. The pool is very loud in the afternoon so if you have a day you want to take a nap (like after an early island tour) , take it before happy hour begins. Now the Pros: The pool was great. Plenty of chairs available every time we went. The bar was great- especially during happy hour when you get two for one drinks. The kitchen in the room saved us enough money to book an extra excursion. We had breakfast and lunch in the room (or packed sandwiches and took them to the beach with us) and really only ate dinner out most of our stay. I thought the service was wonderful. Our coffee maker didn't work and as soon as I called someone came and replaced it with a new one within five minutes. The front desk helped us when we had a problem with our credit card and needed to call the company. The guest service staff remembered our names and joked with us that we were the couple that came as two last time and left as three (My husband and I had been to Aruba 3 years earlier and became pregnant with our son). Housekeeping really cleans! I am crazy about cleanliness and really appreciated that they did such a great job. They even ran the dishwasher for us so we came back to clean dishes in the dishwasher. The view from the patio was great. We had room 306B and loved it. Overall, we really enjoyed La Cabana. We didn't bring kids on this trip but it would have been a good place to bring them too.

Room Tip: We checked in on Sunday and got a room we loved overlooking the pool and beach.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

729 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Houston, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Myself and a group of 6 other friends stayed here in September 2012. The grounds were under construction but we were not disturbed by any construction noises during our stay. The rooms that have not yet been renovated are awful and smell like mold, but the newer rooms are beautiful, odor free and very nicely equipped. We were originally placed in an older room and after much discussion with the manager, we were finally able to be placed in a newer room. We had a small problem with our reservation when we arrived and the front desk staff was not helpful at all. When we were finally able to speak to the manager (after more than an hour of waiting), she basically called us liars and would not help us at all - she only offered us a phone so that we could try to find another hotel to stay at. We were eventually able to work something out (4 hours later) but still were not very pleased. We were more exhausted from our trip and tired of arguing than anything else. The bartenders were extremely slow as well, but this seemed to match the pace of the rest of the island. The rest of the staff was very friendly and accommodating, but I was very disappointed in the management. I'm not sure if I would stay here again because we felt so taken advantage of upon our arrival.

Room Tip: Make sure your room has already been renovated
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Joe N, General Manager at La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Good Day,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback from your recent stay at La Cabana.
I am concerned about the treatment you received from the "manager" at check in and would like to get more details to follow up. Kindly email me at joe.n@lacabanabrc.com at your convenience and I will address it and get back to you.
I apologize for the inconveniences you've encountered and I assure you that I will address your concerns.
In your post, you state that you were checked into an old room then managed to get a newly renovated room... is that correct? The reason why I am asking you to please reconfirm, is because all our rooms have been renovated in the past 3 years...
Once the renovations are over by early December this year, our hallways will be completely renovated, the building will have a fresh coat of paint, the balcony railings will be replaced and our new Glitz Casino will be opening in our Main Lobby in 4 to 6 weeks!
I hope that you will give us another opportunity to host you again in the near future.
Kind Regards,
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have reviewed La Cabana in the past and felt it was time for another review. In May of 2012 we stayed there for the fifth year in a row. All of the rooms have been remodeled, the lobby is done and now they are painting the outside. We have always found the staff at La Cabana friendly and helpful. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. It is a beautiful island if you love the beach and enjoy snorkeling, this is the place for you. La Cabana is right across the street from the most beautiful beach on the island.. Please do not let those speaking of costs or the need for transportation scare you off. The buses are inexpensive, timely and go just about everywhere you need to go. Also, remember you have a full kitchen and BBQ grills outside. The grocery stores are just a bus ride away and can meet all of your needs. You do not need to eat out much at all if you do not want to, thus keeping the cost down considerably. We never spend $100/day when we go. Cooking yourself makes for much more relaxing evenings and the opportunity to meet new friends.

Once again, we LOVE Aruba!!!

Room Tip: Try for a third or fourth floor room on the inside facing the pool. It also provides a good view of...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I always say that going to La Cabana every year is the way I reset my clock.
It has been 18 years and every year gets better then the one before. I love the view off the balcony, the sunsets ,and pool, I love just about everything There. Our house keeping staff is amazing. Mimi always takes great care of us, we love her. I have not had any problems with any of the people that work at La Cabana. May comes around and I'm ready to get there.
I have noticed a change in the managements attitude towards the iguana population and tropical foliage. I am so very upset that they view these beautiful local animals and plants as pests. You travel to Aruba, you want to see lush tropical bushes and palm trees along with birds and Iguana. That is the picture you have in your heart when you go there. Now La Cabana is becoming a sterile desert hotel barren of all the creatures that made it fantastic. It saddens me to see the change. There was nothing better then walking the pool area and having the animals scurry about under chairs and tables. Nothing better then to see the humming birds dart in and out of the flowering bushes. I just hope that La Cabana's management gets their act together and return their resort to the tropical lush hotel instead the modern dull sterile place. Like the birds I need to get my Aruba fix I return to La Cabana to be replenished, but my heart is broken over the changes.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Stuarts Draft, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I am a Bluegreen owner. This was my third time at the LaCabana. This is my favorite resort. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. We had a one bedroom Garden View. It was quiet away from the construction. The unit was spacious and comfortable.The floors were dirty and beds were hard. I woke up with a backache every morning. The unit has a well equipped kitchen if a family would like to go grocery shopping. We chose to buy the meal plan. The food was very good and especially enjoyed Las Ramlas resturant on the property. The property is well maintained with beautiful flowers and nice swimming area. There were plenty of chairs for the guests. It is across the street from Palm Beach. It is just breathtaking. The bus runs right in front of the resort and will take you to town for $2.30 round trip. This is an inexpensive way to get around the island. We didn't spend $100 per day but a person could easily could. The gym has brand new equipment and nice facilty. This is a relaxing vacation and I can't wait to return!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Joe N, General Manager at La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Good Day,
Thank you for sharing comments about your recent stay at La Cabana. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had great meals at Las Ramblas.
I am sorry to hear that your mattress was uncomfortable but rest assured that we are planning to upgrade all mattresses over the next two years.
Eagle Beach is indeed a beautiful beach that was voted amongst the top 5 beaches in the world by TA visitors.
Look forward to hosting you again and please do not hesitate to contact us in advance of your next should you need any asistance with any on island planning.
Best Regards,
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

After reading the reviews AFTER we booked the hotel worried me a lot. I heard that the staff was extremely unfriendly but I have to say that is not the case. McGregor, Jean, Angela, Johnny and Karen were the friendliest staffers from any hotel we had ever been from. I was also worried that I could not use my laptop to connect with family members from home. My advice would be to turn on your laptop in the hotel room and see how many bars of wifi service you have before purchase. It normally kicked me off every twenty minutes and I had to keep re-entering the passcode. Security was very friendly but unfortunately they lacked authority. People were eating and drinking in the pool and they rarely ever told them to stop which was rather annoying. The location was ok you pretty much need the bus/taxi to go anywhere from here but luckily the beach is just steps away from the pool area (which sucks for the people at the tropicana). The construction noise was not that bad in the morning but was semi annoying during mid-afternoon. There was also a safe in my room I am not sure if it is upon request though. Also, on the island the casinos are not that great (they kind of look like someones garage) but definitely try the Marriott. Next time I return to Aruba I might want to stay somewhere more closer to the action as I was a little disappointed that there was lack of discipline among the many vacationers there who thought it was their birthright to break all the rules. All in all I think the friendly staff made the stay more fun as the people I mentioned above remembered us each night we walked through the lobby. Cinnabon was not that bad but a little overpriced. Just remember everything is usually written in their currency before US currency so it could get a little confusing.

If McGregor your reading this "McGregor In the Houuuuuuuuuse!!!"

Room Tip: Get the upper level second floor for extra security people who come from other hotels can't get...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Joe N, General Manager at La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Good Day and Thank you for taking the time to post comments on your recent stay at La Cabana.
I appreciate your feedback about Security's enforcement of pool rules and will address it accordingly.
Please accept my apologies for the renovation inconveniences you may have encountered but rest assured we will be done with all construction noise by the end of 2012.
Following this renovation, our entire buildings will be painted, the ocean front suites remodeled, upgraded landscaping and a brand new Casino in our main lobby in mid November this year.
We hope that you'll give us another opportunity to welcome you again at La Cabana.
Best Regards,
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

The room had a great view. The woman at the front desk was overwhelmed and got curt. Can't blame her, she was swamped. Everything else was amazing. Can't wait fro the construction to be finished, although they tried hard to be considerate. Make no mistake. You will spend at LEAST $100 per person a day on this island. We had every coupon and shopped in every "off the beaten path" shop' and no matter how hard we tried, it was $100 a day per person, although, it was worth every penny. The only problem with this resort is they should keep young families on the ground floors, and away from adults. Nobody wants to hear your screaming kid. The kids in the elevators were just a mess, water, food, spills, and annoying gushing parents clogging the doorways.The staff tried, but the young families should be banned from the top floors. Otherwise, we loved it!!!

Room Tip: Get away from young families with screaming babies that keep you up all night. They should make a sp...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!