“Doc And Teach visit Again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino

You added La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino to your Saves list
La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   J. E. Irausquin Blvd. 250, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
White Plains, New York
“Doc And Teach visit Again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

We arrived 2/14. Our unit was ready. Oh the lobby looks grear, so modern Went to the pool to see if my friends we there. Felt great to "be home again". To the grocery store .First we got into our Aruba clothes. Oh my toes felt good. We had a car, so to the IGA. ling and Sons. The 1bedroom unit is perfect for 2 adults who like to spread out. I set the coffee maker to start at 4:00 am. Next day,up early and out to the pool, I need shade. New pool and beach rules, they did change daily. So I sat ,coffee cup and towels. Very nice security guards. Now friends started arriving. La Cabana great place to stay. Every morning the poo. And beach people started each morning at 4:25am. The units are clean, some work is happening on the grounds, did hear some noise at times. If you are considering staying here, do it! Staff is friendly and helpful. A smile goes a long way......

• Stayed February 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
Bolton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

LOVELY, LOVELY LOVELY!!

The pool, lobby, gift store, activities are all more than adequate.

The star of the property is Ann at the activities centre. She is very attentive, caring and gets yo the best excursion for your needs. When we were late in coming down to get our Jeep ABC tour, She called our room and went up to get us herself! We had missed her and were on the elevator down as she was on another elevator going up. In the end, we were just loading into our Tour Jeep when she came out and found us. She tries more than anyone I have ever met on any excursion desk. La Cabana is VERY lucky to have her.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Just got back. I guess the high reviews are all about relevancy. Compared to other resorts we have visited, this as a but shabby. That is, the paint falling off the walls outside, and little annoying things like charging you to play bingo... really? But worst was that in order to "reserve" pool chairs with a umbrella, you had to go down to the pool AT 6 AM!!! And, the umbrella at the beach go at 5 AM!!!!!! Are you kidding me?? LaCabana.... spend some money and buy enough umbrellas! May be a "Class" resort for Aruba, but definately NOT a world class resort. Would not recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room as many are not.
Sarnia, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

This is our 3rd time at La Cabana B & RC and we will continue to return. We don't own a timeshare here but have been fortunate enough to rent from various owners at reasonable prices for the weeks we want. The people are very friendly, the rooms have everything you need and are spacious enough for 2 people (I wouldn't want to put 4 people in a 1 bedroom suite), clean and our room was made up everyday by the time we came up for our lunch (around 1:00 p.m.). The hotel restaurant Las Ramblas is much improved and can compete with the best restaurants on the island. The beach where we spent all of our time is the very best and you can always get a lounge chair anytime of day beach or pool as long as you don't want a beach hut or umbrella by the pool. Like all resorts, the game to snag shade starts around 5:00 a.m. and it doesn't matter if they police it because they don't catch anyone. One person can reserve 3 umbrellas if they choose. Didn't bother us but it was quite amusing watching from the balcony every morning. We travel to differenty resorts on the off year we don't come to Aruba and nothing compares to La Cabana for what we are looking for. You get tired of the all inclusive places and it is so nice to have your own kitchen so you don't over eat and drink while away, you save money and you eat healthier. The gym is another perk to LaCabana. They have 4 different areas as part of their work out space and it isn't busy with 4 treadmills, 5 ellipticals, bikes, stairmaster, free weight area, weight machines and a large room upstairs for stretching and for doing your core exercises. This was our first time staying for 2 weeks and would have enjoyed another week if work didn't get in the way. There isn't much to do at night but it is an easy bus ride or taxi to the highrise area. They have activities during the day for pretty well every age group so no excuses not to get involved. We noticed there is an influx of young adults coming to LaCabana which is great to see.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

We just got back from staying at LaCabanna for Presidents week. It was what I expected. It was my first time here, friends own a time share for many years. We really liked it. Very quiet, nothing at all to do at night though. People very friendly as well as the staff, they were great. Try to get a room with an even number and not too far away from the lobby...some of the walks to rooms were really long and the even number rooms seem to face the pool and action. My only problem were the hallways....digusting smell and moldy but apparently they are working on them. But you get your moneys worth. The room was really nice but bedroom was first room you walk into from hallway (1 bedroom at least). The food was really good at the Islander restaurrant by the pool. a beer or drink was $6, pretty expensive for a place like this but you can buy your own and bring to pool. Bingo and all the games activities during day were great. I am glad I have stayed at the Marriott and Radison though in Palm Beach so I could compare. A little too quiet for me as a single mom with 2 kids at LaCabanna but if you have young kids this would be a really good place. Most people seemed to know one another from coming here for 20 plus years so it was hard to meet new people. You have to be by the pool by 6:30 am to get an umbrella but most places are like that. We took the bus (only $1.25 right behind the hotel), a cab was 8 or 9 dollars. We took them to Palm beach to see some action/activity at night. All in All, the reviews I read here were accurate.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed at La Cabana for President's Week. We own Marriott in Orlando and exchanged. We enjoyed it immensely, EXCEPT for having to get up at 6 AM to get either an umbrella by the pool or the beach. The sun in Aruba requires shade ( at least for pale skinned Irishmen like myself). I would literally go down to the beach and " claim" our hut umbrella. I am an early riser, so waking up that early is not that bad for me, but I certainly would have preferred the option and to lounge a little. The management needs to get involved. People go down at 6, ( believe it or not, some at 5 if you want first row) , wait for the cabana boys to come on around 7, distribute the chaise chairs, then they leave their towels & bags and go do whatever, sometimes not coming back til 10 or 11. I just stayed, since I was up ad would prefer to read on the beach then in the room anyway. My husband would bring me coffee when he got up. Except for this, it was great. We found a number of good restaurants within short walks, Julips, Mangos and Las Rambas on the property was good. The grill, the breakfast lunch place on property could use some work. avoid the nachos. We took a bus to the supermarket the first day, loaded up with supplies and took a taxi back. Supposedly a supermarket is going up across the street. I suggested in the survey they sent that they start a shuttle service to the supermarket & airport.

We would definitely go back. We had a studio, really nicely done, immaculate. WE went on the ATV excursion and the sunset cruise. highly recommend both.

Room Tip: I would bring my own umbrella next time, so I could chose to sleep in . I saw some individual s who...
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

We have been going to LaCabana for 15 years. The resort is toward the end of a major renovation that has upgraded the facility tremendously. The improvements are wonderful and this resort will keep getting better. The service at the restaurants and bars is personal and genuine!!! The downside is that as a timeshare resort, many of those returning each year make it often seem like you are the outsider in their click. If you want a beach cabana during high season, you better be at the beach by 5:30 am. We still return each year and will next year.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!