Sherrie and Rick are very warm, attentive and welcoming hosts. Staying with the locals instead of the high rise hotels in the touristy spot is definitely our traveling style. What we like best was the large and clean apartment, which offers everything our family needed. The breakfast served each morning was delicious and plentiful. Breakfast time was the time where we got the best tips from Sherrie and Rick on the restaurants and the beaches frequented by the locals, and also get to know the other guests. The yard around the property and the swimming pool is well maintained.
You definitely need to rent a car to visit the island. The dirt roads on the North side of the island lead to rugged beautiful scenery, totally different from the South side. Also It rains quite a bit on the island, not for long though. We especially like the Baby beach and the Arashi beach for snorkeling. For dining, restaurant MADAME JANETTE was simply fabulous. Restaurant Zeerovers offers the fresh catch of the day, it's also the place where the locals hang out.
We will defintely come back to the BUFFAM's tropical Haven when time permits.
- Also Known As:
- Buffam`s Tropical Haven Hotel
- Buffam`s Tropical Haven Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Buffam's Tropical Haven Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Haven is conveniently located near Aruba's finest beaches, shopping, casinos, supermarkets, golf courses, and restaurants. Close to the action yet far enough away to allow you to retreat to calm relaxation at the end of the day. Our apartments are situated in the residential area of Pos Abao, offering you an authentic Aruban experience. ... more less