“Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

LG Smith Blvd 450, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba
“Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Based upon our experiences this year we had decided not to rent a villa or hotelroom and had chosen for Aruba Beach House, simply because this entailed all we need in the Caribian.
But what made us decide to make another booking immidiately for Jan 2014 was not only the nice rooms in which we stayed, varying from cheap to mid ranged but moreover the ambiance created by the owners Doris and Ewald who really can make you feel welcome on our favourite Happy Island.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Loved this place, me and my partner had an amzing time there, everything is close by and its just quiet relaxing and nice, we where almost everyday at the beach having cocktails :) the owners where so nice and saturday day have a free happy hour :) OMG how we miss their cat who we called " Hapje " who came to visit us every single day or was just waiting for us to arrive :)

We will deffinitly come back,

Jeanela and Edwin from Amsterdam

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

If you're looking at this thinking "this looks like a mellow place in Aruba that is well-kept, comfortable, and away from the crowds," then you're right!

My girlfriend and I were lucky to book a bungalow here for five nights and it was great. Honestly better than I'd expected. Clean, comfortable, airy rooms. Very nice private-feeling outdoor space. Solid A/C, fan, wi-fi, and lighting.

The owner, Ewald, was super helpful. He was friendly upon welcoming us, and struck the perfect balance between helping us out and letting us be.

The beach to which you have access: it is across the street. Literally. 30-second walk. You'll find a small thatched roof under which is a table and chairs. And two chaise lounges; if these are occupied Ewald will bring more out. This spot on the beach is very small -- only room for a few people. And very rocky / shelly. So don't expect to spread out a ton or jump in and out of the water. But you *will* be able to relax, watch the kite surfers, and have your bit of privacy that folks at the big hotels can only dream of.

In sum, this is a great find. Informal, suitable, friendly, private, airy, clean. You'll be lucky to stay here!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I went to Aruba in October, by myself. I read the reviews about this place and was instantly conforted by the positive comments. Booking my room was easy, the owner got back to me swiftly and since my trip was booked last minute, he was super helpful. I booked the garden room, and it was perfect for me, since I was travelling alone. I had privacy, my room was spotless, had air conditioning, good amount of storage, a safe, a small tv with cable and there were plenty of towels. It was across the road from the beach, but a bit of a walk from all the resorts. Personally, for me this was a PLUS because of the privacy but some others might find mildly annoying if they prefer to be in an action-packed area. I don't know why---it's only like 10 minutes walking to the centre of the action anyway! The owners helped me organize my activities, suggested places to eat and enjoy the nightlife. I loved it. I booked an ATV tour, a snorkeling cruise, parasailing from the beach. I chose to rent a car on my second day--if you decide to rent a car, don't do what I did- get it from the airport. Aruba is easy to drive in, people are exceptionally helpful and you can't really get lost!! My hosts were there when I needed them, but let me have my privacy and independence. I had no desire to cook my own food, but if you do I suggest a room other than the Garden view, since it doesn't have a bbq or stove- it has a small fridge and I stocked it with snacks and juices that I got from the grocery store. I loved it!!! If you have any doubts, DON'T hesitate. This place is clean, the people are awesome, the price is very afforadable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

We are going home to the uk today and I never write reviews once I get home so I'm doing this whilst say by the pool. We have been to aruba a few times and always stay in the renaissance Oranjestad but we fancied a change. We were on our honeymoon and the owner Ewald did us a great deal on an ocean view studio. We arrived on a Friday evening and Ewald showed us around and offered to sort us renting a car, we decided not to as we know the buses are regular in aruba - added bonus the bus stops outside and they run fairly frequently. We spent the first day over at the little spot of beach by the beach house and just loved the tranquility of it - no battling for sun beds or listening to loud tourists. We walked down palm beach most evenings before sunset it takes about 20 minutes to get to moombas where the nightlife area begins. The only downside is its difficult to walk back as the streets aren't lit from the Marriott onwards so if you do walk back its about a 10 minute walk in the dark, we did this a couple of times but mostly got a taxi - the price varied between 10 and 13 dollars.
The rooms are simple an comfy, the outdoor kitchen was the best thing sitting on a swing seat and watching g the sea! The staff are excellent really helpful and the rooms were extremely clean, also great that they don't hassle you but they are there if you need them. We got to see parts of aruba we hadn't before Arashi beach and Malmock are just a ten minute bus journey away And we took the beach chairs provided there a few times. I would highly recommend this place to anyone just wanting to relax and enjoy the beautiful ocean, yet it's close enough for those who want to hot the night time scene in Aruba. We went out most nights but a couple we staye in and had a BBQ and sat on the veranda. We had a fantastic time and would definately return. We made good friends with Lapia the little old cat that lives there and adopted her for our stay. Thank you to everyone at beach house for our wonderful time!

• Stayed September 2012
Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

This is a fabulous place to stay if you're budget conscious and right on the beach. Eating out is very expensive in Aruba so being able to cook meals in your own kitchen is well worth it. Ewald went out of his way to answer questions and make sure we were comfortable. Excellent location for kite surfing. For swimming it's best to go to Arashi Beach about 5 minutes by bus for 2.25 florin, or to Eagle Beach about 10-15 minutes by bus. You can also walk from the Beach House along the beach to Palm Beach and the resorts for action and night life. But make sure to return by taxi or car at night because the road or beach isn't lit at night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed at Beach House Aruba with my wife and two daughters. We LOVED IT! We normally stay in the big-name, luxury, hi-rise hotels, but never again. This is the way to experience Aruba! The location was ideal. The rooms were spotless. The kitchen was fully equipped. We enjoyed cooking and carrying our meals to the thatched hut on the beach - private, secluded, romantic, and only 5 feet from the sea! Our personal Shangri La. I can't imagine a better spot on the island for watching sunsets.

Beach House Aruba is located close to everything: it was only a 5-minute drive to amazing snorkeling on Boca Catalina. It's only a 3-minte walk to the windsurfing rental spots on Hadicurari Beach! And it's also an easy 10-minute drive to the casinos, hi-rise hotels, and restaurants if that's your thing.

But the best part of staying at the Beach House Aruba are the inkeepers - Ewald and Doris. Ewald knows the best snorkeling locations, the best tour boat values, the best restaurants, the best place to get groceries, etc. It's like having your own personal concierge! And Doris gets the credit for the truly unique euro decor of Beach House Aruba. Ewald, by the way, is a local legend. He was a champion windsurfer in his youth. His coaching improved my sailing considerably. It's amazing to see him ripping it up with all the young local sailors.

My Beach House Aruba review would not be complete without mention of Doris and Ewald's cat, Lapia. She adopted me and my family. Doris and Ewald "loaned" her to us for the time we were there. Try that at the hi-rises! We're already planning next year's visit.

Finally, it is not a coincidence that every reviewer gives Beach House Aruba the full EXCELLENT rating.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Beach House Aruba? Share your experiences!