“Awesome location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of MVC Eagle Beach

You added MVC Eagle Beach to your Saves list
MVC Eagle Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   J.E. Irausquin Boulevard 240, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Boston, Massachusetts
“Awesome location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 5 days and 4 nights, and boy do I wish we had stayed longer. It was perfect, if you want some time to relax and enjoy nature! Literally across the street from the most beautiful beach in Aruba. Not as congested as the high rise hotels, which I appreciated a lot. I left the city for some down time not to feel the stress of people and traffic. Christy was an excellent host, she advised us where to go and how to save a buck or two. The room was not luxurious but honestly who needs a luxurious room when you are in Aruba! The room was used for three main things sleep, shower and toilet necessities! The complimentary breakfast was great. Housekeeping was on point. I have no complaints about it, and the AC worked so well that I had to bust out a sweater and some socks! I'm sorry for those who did not have a fabulous experience as I did.

Room Tip: Stayed in the rooms on the second floor, beautiful view but getting the luggage up the spiral stairs...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
South Windsor, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here Labor Day weekend. The entire staff at MVC is pleasant and more than willing to accomodate their guests (thanks, Christy!). Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the man working the Tulip restaurant... who was incredibly helpful our entire stay as well.

It's located in a quiet area, away from the highrise hotels... only an $8 cab ride to get to the heart of the nightlife.

Our room was very clean and comfortable...I only wish we had an iron...which is minor. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Wonderful place located literally yards away from a beautiful part of the gorgeous and oddly under-frequented Eagle Beach. This place is perfect if you’re not the kind who is looking for an all-inclusive hotel (go to the high rise area if that is the case), but are looking for a place with character, reasonably comfortable accommodation, and for those who want to be close to the best beach in Aruba.

The staff who manage this place are great: Christy, in particular, stands out, for both being a cheerful individual, and for providing great recommendations about how to make the most of an Aruban vacation (and then very promptly making reservations for such activities if you require her assistance with that).

Room Tip: The second floor rooms have a view of the beach - would recommend the second floor rooms if you can...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Seoul, Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

The staff was great. Christy in the office was very helpful and friendly. Our room wasn't available on our first night so we were relocated to a hotel down the street. They paid for our taxi even though it was within walking distance. The next day we came back to our room we were suppose to have and they compensated us with a better room, breakfast tickets and a free bottle of wine.

The hotel room was very clean and basic. The pool was a lot smaller than we were expecting but we probably wouldn't have used the pool that much anyway because the ocean was convieniantly across the street. Beach towels were in the office and we were able to carry the beach chairs across the street. The nice part about our beach was that it was quiet and we were always able to get an umbrella to sit under everyday. I wish the beach bar was closer but it was about a 5 minute walk away at a different hotel.

The high rise hotel area was nice because there were plenty of beach bar and shops but I would have still preferred being on our quiet beach at MVC. We usually took a bus down to the high rises for $1.25 at night for the variety of restaurants and casinos there. I could see why someone might prefer the high rise district but since we were on our honeymoon we enjoyed the quiet beach but still liked having the option to go to the high rise area for fun at night. What ever floats your boat!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Rooms are very small and the AC kept quitting, seems like the AC units that are mounted outside freeze up , this is the same thing that happened in another place we stayed..The AC units that are mounted in closets work great in the last 2 places we stayed...The upside is the Tulip restaurant is quite nice, reasonable prices and great food

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We arrived to be shown to a room with no air conditioning-broken- and 2 beds showed head to foot. It was-literally-the smallest dirtiest room I have ever stayed in. It would have been tiny with 1 bed, but you could not even walk in it with 2 beds! When I complained about the lack of air conditioning I was told management was gone for the day and we would have to bear it until tomorrow! NO WAY! Finally they called a janitor from the other hotel to come over- another hour spent convincing him the a/c was not working!!!
The owner also owns a nice hotel a few yards away named amsterdam manor. I insisted we be put in a room with A/C. It was not until I contacted Hotels.com maybe 2 hours after arriving that we were put in another room. It seems that there were rooms available but the owner was too cheap and cared so little that we were being faced to stay in that broken-down room! Shame on them. If not for the wonderful janitor that finally convinced the owner that we should be put in the empty double room, we would have left and demanded that hotrels.com refund our money.
Oh beware- NO number that hotels.com had answered the phone! I had to go on-line and beg someone to call us back at the hotel! The on-line person gave us 3 numbers to try while we were e-chatting to call- no answer at any number!
I would not give this hotel or amsterdam manor my business and I suggest you do the same.

Room Tip: Anywhere but here or amsterdam manor. The owner does not care at all. Give your hard-earned money to...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
AMBRManager, Manager at MVC Eagle Beach, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay, please allow me to address your concerns. MVC Eagle Beach is an environmental aware property, air conditioning is switched on upon arrival and it only takes 15-20 minutes to get the room at a comfortable room temperature, especially if you arrive at night as you did. When you reported your air conditioning was not working, the maintenance person checked immediately and reported that it was working correctly but just needed a couple more minutes.

The rooms at MVC Eagle Beach are not spacious; we do not present them either of being spacious however I do not understand your remark on this as you stayed with a wedding group with us last year. So you are obviously well aware of the size of the rooms, you even wrote a nice review on your stay according to your own e-mail.

The beds are king-size but upon your own request we placed 2 single beds in the room as you informed us upfront in your e-mails “The 2 beds is non-negotiable. I am coming with someone I can NOT share a bed with!!!! ;-)”
We also could meet up with your request to stay in a top floor room with ocean view.

You were upgraded to a quad-room after 2 hours which had 2 separate bedrooms, same policy for the air conditioning, same room attendant but not sharing the same bedroom with your companion obviously made the difference.

MVC Eagle Beach and the Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort are under the same management but I do not understand you mentioning it as some kind of retribution, which I do not understand to start with.

It seems that your recent experience is completely the opposite of your own experience last year and the experiences of a lot of other guests on pretty much all bulletin boards, as MVC Eagle Beach was chosen by as the Travelers' Choice® 2012 Winner Bargain.
Tripadvisor and all other rating boards are there to assist future guests to get an honest feedback on the property, it also helps management to improve their product and services, and sometimes it is just used for the wrong purpose.

Last but not least, thank you very much for your compliments on Jeanrick, he is indeed an excellent employee.

Sincerely
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Great staff there to help you no matter what. It is v basic accommodation and should not be misled to be a high rise hotel with anything fancy. decent brekkie with lovely Theo from Tulip restaurant. The island is v expensive as it is so this restaurant does good value for money. Chrissy the receptionist was an angel to us all week. She made sure we enjoyed every moment of our stay!

Room Tip: rooms 111 and up have best view!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to MVC Eagle Beach? Share your experiences!